General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RedRabbit said:
    I found Cyberpunk quite flawed too, and that's without the bugs. How are we all enjoying RDR2?
    I'm enjoying it more than I have previously.  I still think the controls are often unnecessarily confusing (action button changing depending on what you are trying to do, long presses for no apparently good reason) but it's not annoying me as much as it used to 

Also pleasantly surprised by how well it performs on Stream Deck now too.  I'm getting a pretty solid 45fps at 720p and a mix of medium and low settings but with textures set to high.
    A lot of my issues were actually with the story and some glaring plot holes etc. Couple that with the NPCs doing some weird stuff and my car randomly blowing up or driving into oblivion I just abandoned it. I doubt I'll revisit it tbh unless it was like a tenner on Steam. 
    I was responding to your query on RDR2 - unless there's a serious time skip I've not got to yet I don't recall there being any cars.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    I found Cyberpunk quite flawed too, and that's without the bugs. How are we all enjoying RDR2?
    I'm enjoying it more than I have previously.  I still think the controls are often unnecessarily confusing (action button changing depending on what you are trying to do, long presses for no apparently good reason) but it's not annoying me as much as it used to 

Also pleasantly surprised by how well it performs on Stream Deck now too.  I'm getting a pretty solid 45fps at 720p and a mix of medium and low settings but with textures set to high.
    A lot of my issues were actually with the story and some glaring plot holes etc. Couple that with the NPCs doing some weird stuff and my car randomly blowing up or driving into oblivion I just abandoned it. I doubt I'll revisit it tbh unless it was like a tenner on Steam. 
    I was responding to your query on RDR2 - unless there's a serious time skip I've not got to yet I don't recall there being any cars.
    Oh right :lol: my bad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have been playing Demon's Souls (PS5) assiduously for the past year or so, on and off, my build so far consists of 50 Vitality 18 Intelligence 34 Strength 50 Magic, all other stats are the same for a starting Royalty class character. I have the Adjudicator's Shield, Regenerator's Ring, Thief Ring, Providential Ring and Cling Ring (the last one I keep on all the time). Also I have the Dragon Bone Smasher and Crescent Falchion + 1. So far I have beaten Phalanx, Armor Spider, Flamelurker and Dragon God. Next up is Tower Knight so I can free Yuria and learn Curse Weapon after obtaining Penetrator's Soul. Then I should be able to cruise through most of the single-player campaign fairly easily!.

Just thought I'd share that with you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh yeah also beat Vanguard (optional boss) as well. Forgot.
  • Anyone wanting some good ol' retro action on the Switch all the Sega Ages stuff are on sale £1.49 each... Virtua Racing and Outrun inc.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    Anyone wanting some good ol' retro action on the Switch all the Sega Ages stuff are on sale £1.49 each... Virtua Racing and Outrun inc.

For fans of this type of thing Arcade Paradise is a fun game. 

You basically start your own 90's arcade and switch between managing the arcade and playing the games.
    tFB Trader
    Power Wash Simulator is free on PS+ this month and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Anyone wanting some good ol' retro action on the Switch all the Sega Ages stuff are on sale £1.49 each... Virtua Racing and Outrun inc.

For fans of this type of thing Arcade Paradise is a fun game. 

You basically start your own 90's arcade and switch between managing the arcade and playing the games.

I'm waiting for the VR release of that, I have a similar one, Arcade Legend and thoroughly enjoy it.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Sega Mega Drive Collection for £6 seems like a bargain.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    One of my favourite games. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    One of my favourite games. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before. 
    Another I'm pondering on in VR, have played non VR version and some of the jobs take ages, not sure I could manage that long in the VR world, although I bet it's awesome.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    i don't think they're necessarily as good as the sega ages versions, which are lovingly produced by M2

I have been playing Demon's Souls (PS5) assiduously for the past year or so, on and off, my build so far consists of 50 Vitality 18 Intelligence 34 Strength 50 Magic, all other stats are the same for a starting Royalty class character. I have the Adjudicator's Shield, Regenerator's Ring, Thief Ring, Providential Ring and Cling Ring (the last one I keep on all the time). Also I have the Dragon Bone Smasher and Crescent Falchion + 1. So far I have beaten Phalanx, Armor Spider, Flamelurker and Dragon God. Next up is Tower Knight so I can free Yuria and learn Curse Weapon after obtaining Penetrator's Soul. Then I should be able to cruise through most of the single-player campaign fairly easily!.

i think the speedrun strategy is to min/max magic so you're probably not gonna have much problem! i got the the final boss with a terrible build, i should roll a new character.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Which Sega ones are the same as the original?  
  • bbill335 said:
    i don't think they're necessarily as good as the sega ages versions, which are lovingly produced by M2

I have been playing Demon's Souls (PS5) assiduously for the past year or so, on and off, my build so far consists of 50 Vitality 18 Intelligence 34 Strength 50 Magic, all other stats are the same for a starting Royalty class character. I have the Adjudicator's Shield, Regenerator's Ring, Thief Ring, Providential Ring and Cling Ring (the last one I keep on all the time). Also I have the Dragon Bone Smasher and Crescent Falchion + 1. So far I have beaten Phalanx, Armor Spider, Flamelurker and Dragon God. Next up is Tower Knight so I can free Yuria and learn Curse Weapon after obtaining Penetrator's Soul. Then I should be able to cruise through most of the single-player campaign fairly easily!.

i think the speedrun strategy is to min/max magic so you're probably not gonna have much problem! i got the the final boss with a terrible build, i should roll a new character.
    Yeah, I am planning to just  go to town on him with an upgraded (+3) Dragon Bone Smasher with Curse Weapon, Adjudicator's Shield and Regenerator's Ring to mitigate the health drain status, as you say, with magic the majority of the PvE in the game shouldn't be too much hassle.
  • bbill335 said:

What "terrible" build did you use? What build would you go for for your new character?
    Draco_V_Ecliptic said:
    What "terrible" build did you use? What build would you go for for your new character?
    it was a lowHP attack boosted zweihander build that i did sort of by accident. i'm not good enough to survive with <30% HP for very long! should have done a good old HP/magic build. spoilers in the video, obviously.

any of the ones that say "SEGA AGES" before the title of the game. some are better than original, like Phantasy Star and Outrun
  • bbill335 said:
    Draco_V_Ecliptic said:
    it was a lowHP attack boosted zweihander build that i did sort of by accident. i'm not good enough to survive with <30% HP for very long! should have done a good old HP/magic build. spoilers in the video, obviously.

any of the ones that say "SEGA AGES" before the title of the game. some are better than original, like Phantasy Star and Outrun
    That's still really impressive that you did a glitchless run man, very impressive indeed. Or is it someone else's video? Lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    no way is that my video lmao
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    I've downloaded Sekiro for my Steam Deck. It's much easier than I remember but I have played Bloodbourne and Elden Ring since then. 

Thinking about upgrading to the OLED version. It is apparently a decent upgrade and I can get up to £330 for my 512GB version so I might do that. 
    tFB Trader
    Just got a PS5

I'm thinking of getting Cyberpunk now they've fixed it.

Is it worth getting the expansion immediately or can you wait until you complete the base game?