General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Just got a PS5

I'm thinking of getting Cyberpunk now they've fixed it.

Is it worth getting the expansion immediately or can you wait until you complete the base game?
    You can wait, I finished the game when the DLC came out so there is no rush.  It can be played post end of main game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    @monquixote If you're looking for other recommendations the Spiderman trilogy is excellent and Spiderman 2 is probably the best looking game on PS5 right now. It is an excellent game too. The city and the draw distance is unbelievable.

If you aren't into that kind of game Returnal is also excellent and free with PS Plus. Also. God of War 2 is a must play! 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    @monquixote If you're looking for other recommendations the Spiderman trilogy is excellent and Spiderman 2 is probably the best looking game on PS5 right now. It is an excellent game too. The city and the draw distance is unbelievable.

If you aren't into that kind of game Returnal is also excellent and free with PS Plus. Also. God of War 2 is a must play! 

My son wants Spider man 2 but he's 9 and it's rated 16 although nothing I've seen especially seems to justify that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2023

My son wants Spider man 2 but he's 9 and it's rated 16 although nothing I've seen especially seems to justify that
    Well my son is 7 and I started playing my own save and then let him play his own, and for a big part it's really just beating up goons with no blood and no gore. Without any spoilers, I got to a point where it starts to get quite stabby, and the characters become quite visceral and it becomes a bit more like a horror game. I don't mollycoddle him with this stuff and judge games like this on its content (obviously no Dead Space/Resi Evil stuff lol), but I had to deliver the news to him that he can't play it because it just got too violent, and deal with the wrath of my wife for getting it wrong on this occasion. He was upset. I probably wouldn't let him play it until 12 to be honest. 

The first one and Miles Morales are much less violent in this regard so I think they're alright. 
    tFB Trader

Well my son is 7 and I started playing my own save and then let him play his own, and for a big part it's really just beating up goons with no blood and no gore. Without any spoilers, I got to a point where it starts to get quite stabby, and the characters become quite visceral and it becomes a bit more like a horror game. I don't mollycoddle him with this stuff and judge games like this on its content (obviously no Dead Space/Resi Evil stuff lol), but I had to deliver the news to him that he can't play it because it just got too violent, and deal with the wrath of my wife for getting it wrong on this occasion. He was upset. I probably wouldn't let him play it until 12 to be honest. 

The first one and Miles Morales are much less violent in this regard so I think they're alright. 

Brilliant I've ordered him Miles which is also £20 rather than £60!
    edited December 2023

Brilliant I've ordered him Miles which is also £20 rather than £60!
    It's free with PS Plus!!! I think you might get a trial with your PS5 or something? Even so the £15 a month is worth it. 
  • Just got a PS5

I'm thinking of getting Cyberpunk now they've fixed it.

Is it worth getting the expansion immediately or can you wait until you complete the base game?
    I bought cyberpunk on Christmas day in an Xbox Sale, but I also got far cry 6 on game pass and will be playing that first because....you know, Gustavo Fring.
  • Just finished God of War PS4.. not sure it was up to its hype… quite short, many levels small and similar.  Underwhelmed.  Skyrim and Witcher were far more impressive.

Is GOW Ragnarok better? 

Just finished God of War PS4.. not sure it was up to its hype… quite short, many levels small and similar.  Underwhelmed.  Skyrim and Witcher were far more impressive.

Is GOW Ragnarok better? 

I think it took me like 30-40 hours to finish, with all the side quests. Definitely a decent length if I remember. Skyrim and Witcher are very different games, maybe it's just not for you. Ragnarok is more of the same really. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    Rkphilpot said:

I bought cyberpunk on Christmas day in an Xbox Sale, but I also got far cry 6 on game pass and will be playing that first because....you know, Gustavo Fring.
    Ive started FC6 too. So far so good - seems to have a touch of Just Cause to it.

Finished Watchdogs 2 - actually better than I remembered, particularly tye sense of being in a living city with NPCs doing their own thing. Far, far from perfect, but perfectly enjoyable. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I got, well technically ''we'' - the girlfriend and I play the games together even single player game#s we play the same playthrough together on the same console, lucked out game wise for Christmas, and got a bunch of games and gift card vouchers for games.

For the PS5, Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Island 2, and £100 worth of gift card vouchers for the PS Store.

For the Switch, Tropico 6 and all the DLC for it, Rayman Legends, Decay of Locos, and again £100 worth of gift card vouchers for the Nintendo Store.
  • westfordwestford Frets: 618
    Power Wash Simulator is free on PS+ this month and I'm really enjoying it.
    I played over an hour of this while listening to an audiobook when the rest of the family had gone to bed and I think it's my new hobby now.
  • I finished Spider-man 2 today. Actually 100%-ed and Platinumed it, which isn't at all like me, but I really enjoyed it. Too many overly-long, drawn-out boss fights, but other than those it was fantastic.

And GORGEOUS to look at, which is always nice 

Back to Death Stranding next I think. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Never knows best has released an interesting video on the history and role (and definition) of "bad" video games. Recommended if you enjoy video game theory.

Power wash simulator is lovely by the way. 
    tFB Trader
    westford said:
    Power Wash Simulator is free on PS+ this month and I'm really enjoying it.
    I played over an hour of this while listening to an audiobook when the rest of the family had gone to bed and I think it's my new hobby now.

I use the playstation Spotify player. It's very relaxing
    tFB Trader
    I'm not normally an Action RPG player and I didn't like FFVII remake but FFXVI is excellent.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    Excuse the interruption, I got my lad Xbox one s for Christmas as an upgrade, he says he needs more memory, is Seagate the best option? It seems pricey

cheers
  • mgaw said:
    Excuse the interruption, I got my lad Xbox one s for Christmas as an upgrade, he says he needs more memory, is Seagate the best option? It seems pricey

cheers
    There’s only two, Seagate or WD.  Both about £90 for 500GB or £150 for 1 TB.

You can use a standard USB hard drive but it won’t play the series XS games, just store them so you can shuffle them around to the internal memory as you need them.  That said many older games and more indie types are not XS enhanced and work direct from a standard hard drive.

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    Thanks @menamestom ;
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Does anyone have a backbone for their iPhone? If so would they recommend?