General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    So how about some games that have been released more recently gentlemen?
    Resi Village!! 

Trouble is we’re in that early next-gen phase where new release are a bit slow and half of them are cross gen so slightly compromised no matter which console you have
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Ghost of Tsushima DC is good. I've played 90 hours and I'm only just at the new island. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    Fired up Demon's Souls for the first time last night..... or so I thought. So far, it feels incredibly familiar. Is the opening level (and the castle afterwards) from Dark Souls or anything?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader

That probably explains why they haven't been taking any action in relation to all the bad press.

They are just selling the company and letting someone else deal with it.

Christ. I guess that confirms Xbox as the place to be for racist 14 year olds who want to blow shit up then! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Non mobile games will become PC/XBOX exclusives then!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Who's next? Ubisoft? Take Two? EA?!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    wibble said:
    They are not going to stop PS players playing Call of Duty. That would be a remarkably stupid decision.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    edited January 2022

Wowsers. So that’s Starcraft, WoW, Overwatch etc too. 
    wibble said:
    They are not going to stop PS players playing Call of Duty. That would be a remarkably stupid decision.
    Would it? I'm guessing most hardcore COD whales (i.e the people who actually generate revenue for A/B) only play COD and thus would buy whatever machine it's available on. They'll bitch about it for a week or two, then go buy an xbox anyway. 

My guess for an obvious next target would be EA. Get the FIFA/Madden crowd as well and you're basically set for a couple of console cycles, minimum. 
  • I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on the PC, a medieval strategy role play where you control a ruler of a dynasty or kingdom, and the descendants. There's a lot to learn initially but after a couple of days, I was firmly hooked. A lot of political intrigue with vassals, family, religion, and of course battle and conquests etc. I've managed to conquer Ireland after 200 years of trying. A few hours on this just flies by.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on the PC, a medieval strategy role play where you control a ruler of a dynasty or kingdom, and the descendants. There's a lot to learn initially but after a couple of days, I was firmly hooked. A lot of political intrigue with vassals, family, religion, and of course battle and conquests etc. I've managed to conquer Ireland after 200 years of trying. A few hours on this just flies by.
    I want this game. Apparently it’s coming to Gamepass on Xbox at some point. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    wibble said:
    Would it? I'm guessing most hardcore COD whales (i.e the people who actually generate revenue for A/B) only play COD and thus would buy whatever machine it's available on. They'll bitch about it for a week or two, then go buy an xbox anyway. 

My guess for an obvious next target would be EA. Get the FIFA/Madden crowd as well and you're basically set for a couple of console cycles, minimum. 

This is the opposite of what they want.

The current MS Strategy since Balmer left is set out in the book "HIt Refresh". It's a very interesting read and makes most of their acquisitions and projects make sense (Github, VSCode, Azure, Gamepass, etc)

They don't give a shit about XBox, they don't even give a shit about Windows any more. This will be about Game Pass and Azure. They want monthly recurring revenue, they want CoD to be £60 on PSN or free with Game Pass, and they want all the backend to be running on Azure. 

Game Pass for Android, iOS, Mac and Linux is not unlikely over the next few years (unless it already exists and I missed it :) )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

The current MS Strategy since Balmer left is set out in the book "HIt Refresh". It's a very interesting read and makes most of their acquisitions and projects make sense (Github, VSCode, Azure, Gamepass, etc)

They don't give a shit about XBox, they don't even give a shit about Windows any more. This will be about Game Pass and Azure. They want monthly recurring revenue, they want CoD to be £60 on PSN or free with Game Pass, and they want all the backend to be running on Azure. 

Game Pass for Android, iOS, Mac and Linux is not unlikely over the next few years (unless it already exists and I missed it :) )
    Yes - I agree. It's not about selling xboxes, it's about total revenue. And these days that means getting people spending money through the year via micro transactions and subscriptions. Gamepass, COD points, Shark Cash, FIFA coins etc. 

Rockstar are making so much money these days (with an 8-year old game) that they can hardly be bothered releasing new games. From a board member/shareholder perspective I don't blame them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    wibble said:

Well they bought Zenimax (Bethesda) - Starfield became PC/XBOX exclusive. And after a little pussy footing around Elder Scrolls 6 was deemed an exclusive. Skyrim has sold loads on Playstation, fans have been waiting ages for the next game.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    wibble said:

This is it, cloud based subscription services not tied to a particular box or platform. As a Games Pass user though, it is pretty incredible.
  • wibble said:
    wibble said:

Well they bought Zenimax (Bethesda) - Starfield became PC/XBOX exclusive. And after a little pussy footing around Elder Scrolls 6 was deemed an exclusive. Skyrim has sold loads on Playstation, fans have been waiting ages for the next game.
    Wait, when did ES6 go exclusive? That fucking sucks :cry: 
  • Okay. I can easily kill mobs and the larger ones with the stone fist. Got my reflexes down now. I have got to Father Gascoigne after narrowly missing a flying ball of fucking fire. After two tries have got him to 50%. There’s some pig boss that I can’t be arsed with yet but I haven’t found the Great Cleric and I gather this is the first boss? Have I done something wrong?

There is no wrong. Very few game breaking bugs. 
  • RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Cleric beast is optional but it is an easier fight than FG so might be worth doing to get insight (if you've not got some already) and extra echos to level up with before tackling FG. 

The pig isn't a boss and can be killed fairly easily once you figure it out.  No issue with just running past it either though.

As for FG, there is an item that can help with the fight but it's not necessary to beat him.  If you can get the timing right, parrying works well in the first phase of the fight.  
    Yea I’ll go back and do it. I found out where he is. 

Do the bosses respawn if you die or are they one and done?
    Bosses don't respawn once you've killed them.  Same with some of the bigger enemies as well (I don't think the pig respawns).
    The pig respawns, its just a normal mob. You can easily kill it with fists at blood level 4 when you know how ;)