General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    I've just grabbed star wars jedi fallen order

Just downloading it now 
    Really good fun. One of the few games in recent years I actually finishes the story. Just the right length. 
    Yeah, great game. Long enough to feel meaty but doesn't outstay its welcome like some (*cough* Alien Isolation). I'm looking forward to the rumoured sequel.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Not sure if I can be bothered getting the platinum on Ghost of Tsushima. I've got a few trophies left so just looked what they are, and one of them seems to be that you have to bow at hidden locations across the map and there are no clues that I can see.
  • @DefaultM Just look up a guide for that. There's not many and it won't take long. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just grabbed star wars jedi fallen order

Just downloading it now 
    Really good fun. One of the few games in recent years I actually finishes the story. Just the right length. 
    Yeah, great game. Long enough to feel meaty but doesn't outstay its welcome like some (*cough* Alien Isolation). I'm looking forward to the rumoured sequel.
    At 79p it seemed rude not to.

Will get deathloop next as it's 20ish quid
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited January 2022
    I’m still playing Bloodbourne. Done a few bosses. Am running around Hemwick Lane I think it’s called right now. Just trying to kill this witch. 
  • Back on PS3 and another run through of Sleeping Dogs…. Beats GTA imo.  Vastly underrated game.  The karaoke singing is genius.  Cars, bikes, kung fu! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @DefaultM Just look up a guide for that. There's not many and it won't take long. 
    I've been trying not to use a guide but if there aren't loads of them I think I'll just do it to get it over with thanks.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    DefaultM said:
    @DefaultM Just look up a guide for that. There's not many and it won't take long. 
    I've been trying not to use a guide but if there aren't loads of them I think I'll just do it to get it over with thanks.

playstationtrophies.org or powerpyx are my usual go to for trophy guides eg

Thank you. Estimated trophy difficulty 3/10 makes me feel daft, I've been getting them all for like 100 hours according to the save file  :o
    Average time to platinum 50 hours... what? I don't feel like I've been wasting any time but I'm on double that!
    DefaultM said:
    Thank you. Estimated trophy difficulty 3/10 makes me feel daft, I've been getting them all for like 100 hours according to the save file  :o

I wouldn't worry about that, hardcore trophy hunters like to minimise the time/effort to finish a game, majority of people will take their time to enjoy it their own way.

I like to check if there are any missable trophies to look out for (avoiding spoliers) and then just play games at my own pace. I enjoy going for plats (58 so far) but I'm not hardcore like a lot of trophy hunters.

Is anyone interested in Dying Light 2? I never played the first one but this looks quite good. 
    wibble said:
    DefaultM said:

I wouldn't worry about that, hardcore trophy hunters like to minimise the time/effort to finish a game, majority of people will take their time to enjoy it their own way.

I like to check if there are any missable trophies to look out for (avoiding spoliers) and then just play games at my own pace. I enjoy going for plats (58 so far) but I'm not hardcore like a lot of trophy hunters.

That's a good idea, cos I missed one in the FVII remaster and had to start another game. 

I've finished the story on loads of games but I've only got 3 platinums. Final Fantasy VII, Horizon Zero Dawn and Diablo III.
    If I finish the story I usually don't want to continue playing just to collect trophies, but with those I did.
  • About 20 years ago I remember a game that recreated the battle of Britain. You could either take the role of an Raf or luftwaffe pilot.

My favourite role was being the pilot of an Heinkel dive bomber, diving on the houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. I also enjoyed strafing women and children.

In order to achieve Nazi victory all you had to do was knock out the British radar installations along the coast so the Raf airfields would not get any warning.

I don't really get these new fantasy games.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Is anyone interested in Dying Light 2? I never played the first one but this looks quite good. 
    Me!!

Loved the first one so very excited for this. 
    FarleyUK said:
    Me!!

I was watching some videos and the parkour stuff looks a little bit unrealistic. How was it in the first one?
  • FarleyUK said:
    Me!!

I was watching some videos and the parkour stuff looks a little bit unrealistic. How was it in the first one?
    Good.

To be honest when you are fleeing for your life (especially at night time) you don't worry too much about the parkour bits. The first game is also pretty old by now.

It's a good challenging game
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited February 2022
    Anyone watch the State of Play with Gran Turismo 7? 
    Can't wait to play it. HYPE!

• Still back in time playing old faves.  Started GTA IV on PS3 again now.. wicked funny humour but the driving and fighting is not as good and fun as Sleeping Dogs.
    edited February 2022
    So I’ve been watching reviews on Dying Light and while it looked promising it’s been reviewed somewhat mixed. I think that I’ll skip it for now and wait for the Game Pass version and spend my money on Horizon and/or Elden Ring. You guys can let me know how it is.