General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    Yeah there's something odd I can't put my finger on in performance mode as well. Yesterday I got stuck inside a wall underwater and just had to wait it out until she drowned. 
    I'm really enjoying the game, its just that every so often you're taken out of it with a what was that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    I'm playing it in the higher graphical mode and I have no issue with it. It's a beautiful looking game. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For those that like some racing action there are a few interesting releases today.

On Gamepass/EA Play you can download a free trial of Codemasters' new GRID Legends.

And Assetto Corsa Competizione's "next gen" update is released in the UK at 5pm today. If you own the game already you can upgrade for free. On PS5 there will be a separate download you'll need to grab, on Xbox Smart Delivery will handle it all for you. 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    edited February 2022
    I always play in performance mode.  Besides that it's the more noticeable of the 2, I find that during all the action scenes in practically all the games, you don't have time to stop and appreciate all the details anyway.  Pretty much all things are in motion 99% of the time.

But my TV only does 60hz so if and when the tech advances to 120hz being performance mode then I will be stuck with fidelity mode.
  • Is the patched Cyberpunk worth getting? 
  • I tried HFW on 4k mode yesterday. I could barely tell the difference in fidelity but man I really struggled with 30fps. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    edited February 2022
    Is the patched Cyberpunk worth getting? 

Hell yes, I'm very very close to platiniuming the game, have not experienced a single glitch.  It's an amazing game that was ruined by a rushed crap launch.
    edited February 2022
    And the nonsensical narrative. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112

You can download it and play it for free for 5 hours on current gen consoles.
  • wibble said:

It's back up on the Xbox and PS stores?  I bought a physical copy last year, unopened day 1 release for a tenner delivered, and I've really enjoyed the game so far, one tricky trophy to go and I've platiniumed the game.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    wibble said:

It's back up on the Xbox and PS stores?  I bought a physical copy last year, unopened day 1 release for a tenner delivered, and I've really enjoyed the game so far, one tricky trophy to go and I've platiniumed the game.

Yeah it's back - it appeared when they released that big patch. I've downloaded it on PS5 but not tried it yet
  • wibble said:
    wibble said:

Yeah it's back - it appeared when they released that big patch. I've downloaded it on PS5 but not tried it yet
    It's really good, but I don't think 5 hours is nearly enough time to judge the gameplay on, especially considering all the cut scenes, and the length of them, especially the ones with K. Reeves in them.  From memory the intro cut scene is not far off 30 minutes long.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Elden Ring is getting amazing reviews. 

• Playing elden ring now.

See you in like... A year. 

Hopefully it'll be the first truly well utilised open world. Dark souls was already close to being open world... 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    Well, Elden Ring is kicking my arse all over the shop.
    I have to wait till Sunday. :(
  • Just bought Elden Ring on steam.  I'll set it downloading tonight and will be playing it over the weekend.

So far I've avoided all footage, reviews etc so I'll be going in completely blind.
  • An hour or so in and I have made like no progress. Just chilling out and enjoying the ride - nice to have this.

It's a similar feeling to when I first got dark souls on xbox. It was reviewed poorly at the time - I remember watching a YouTube review that said it was poor combat and very slow, with no story. But I really liked how it looked, and got it second hand from game. 

No regrets! 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    Been playing 16 hours on Horizon and only just zoomed out the map. It looks huge!
    DefaultM said:
    Been playing 16 hours on Horizon and only just zoomed out the map. It looks huge!
    Yea it’s massive. The only thing for me is, it’s very similar to the first one so for me it’s a bit repetitive in its gameplay. I’m looking forward to Elden Ring so I expect that will go on the back burner.