General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7440
    Didn't realise Gran Turismo 7 is out in 2 days!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1115
    DefaultM said:
    Didn't realise Gran Turismo 7 is out in 2 days!

96GB pre-loaded and ready to go.

My body is ready!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10399
    Yea it’s been reviewed well. Am looking forward to doing all the licenses!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27858
    I have a feeling I will never get back the feeling of playing GT3 with mates in the summer of whatever year it came out, spending about 60 quid on the right firewire cable to connect two PS2s together. But I want it anyway
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    GT7 excites me too.

I haven't done a lot of racing lately and I miss it.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Gran Turismo 2 for me. Found it in the bargain bin at Blockbuster just after it came out, £6 no box. My dad made me a home printed cover in a cd case.
    Ahh shit I just bought a racing wheel :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    edited March 2022
    Super Mario Kart is the GOAT of racing games, you lot just aren't man enough to admit it, Sonic All Stars is a close second.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    I loved Super Mario Kart as a kid but I tried playing it recently and it made me feel a bit sick. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27858
    Super Mario Kart is the GOAT of racing games, you lot just aren't man enough to admit it, Sonic All Stars is a close second.
    Mario Kart Double Dash is the GOAT. I will fight anyone who dares challenge!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    I loved Super Mario Kart as a kid but I tried playing it recently and it made me feel a bit sick. 

What settings where you using, normal, or geriatric?  The normal settings make members of the blue rinse squad and wrinkly crowd feel a bit sick.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12062
    I remember getting GT1, I was in halls of residence and the first week/weekend that I had it, I had to head hole on Saturday morning.  I started playing on Friday and totally forgot the time and played all night until dawn. Didn’t sleep at all.  The game was that captivating.

I don’t get that with games anymore.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4177
    I've got GT7 installed and ready. Am a bit miffed they still haven't got rid of the terrible processional rolling starts. They have no place in a game that claims to be about realistic racing. 

Digital Foundry did an interesting tech review of GT7...

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    I think the first few GT games got the balance between arcade and sim right. I don’t think the more recent titles have. 

Forza seems to have done this better, by splitting it in to 2. Forza Horizon is your arcade sit on the sofa with a controller game and Forza Motorsport is the sim racer. 

I think GT tries to do too much and there are better options in both categories. I’d say Forza H5 is the best arcade racer and Assetto Corsa the best sim on consoles currently. Let’s hope GT7 has got that mix right this time. 
    Barnezy said:
    I think the first few GT games got the balance between arcade and sim right. I don’t think the more recent titles have. 

Forza seems to have done this better, by splitting it in to 2. Forza Horizon is your arcade sit on the sofa with a controller game and Forza Motorsport is the sim racer. 

I think GT tries to do too much and there are better options in both categories. I’d say Forza H5 is the best arcade racer and Assetto Corsa the best sim on consoles currently. Let’s hope GT7 has got that mix right this time. 
    Forza Motorsport is still quite arcadey tbh. 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1028
    i would take a new project gotham racing game over gt or forza tbh. unfortunately that will never happen. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

Am I right in thinking I can't do the PS4 to PS5 upgrade for free on Gran Turismo 7 like I did on Horizon?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8162
    Mario Kart Double Dash is the GOAT. I will fight anyone who dares challenge!
    Double Dash on GameCube is the king of all racing games ever!
    DefaultM said:
    Am I right in thinking I can't do the PS4 to PS5 upgrade for free on Gran Turismo 7 like I did on Horizon?

It's a £10 upgrade I think, check the psn store