General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Making progress on elden ring. Turns out I chose a very difficult start character!

I've decided to lean into the difficulty and focus on being nimble and not get hit. Most bosses 1-shot me so it's very high risk. Unfortunately, the damage isn't really scaling up for me yet and it's proving very difficult. 

I'm enjoying it because it feels more bloodborne like to play like this, but it's a more dark souls game play style so not having a shield and relying on daggers and light swords is a good way to die. A lot!

Enjoying it more and more now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    Just bleed everything. Bleed is nonsense in Elden Ring ha. 

I've resorted to playing with mates to still get enjoyment from the game. Something I never usually do until I've completed it solo once. 

After Stormveil I've gradually liked it less and less again.  There's some very pretty areas but the mini bosses repeating are doing my head in. It's still good, better than 90% of games coming out nowadays but it's probably my least favourite of modern era Fromsoft games. I'm not including DkS2 in that cos it's pure shit. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    I've got GT7 installed and ready. Am a bit miffed they still haven't got rid of the terrible processional rolling starts. They have no place in a game that claims to be about realistic racing. 
    Is it an attempt for less carnage at the first corner?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10398
    I really like it. I done Margit and then went and looked at the big trees, went underground, done a few optional bosses, explored some castles and levelled up etc. If it’s too hard use your wolf ashes. 

Absolutely love it. 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    You should explore Stormveil castle @TeleMaster , the best bit of the game I’ve found so far. Next boss is a treat. 
    edited March 2022
    You should explore Stormveil castle @TeleMaster , the best bit of the game I’ve found so far. Next boss is a treat. 
    Yea I’m in Stormveil now. I’ve made my way through the castle, killed some Knights, got a rusty key and am in some courtyard bit. 

I do like the exploration part of the game. I went past sacrifice bridge and found some troll/giant with a bow and arrow. Pretty awesome. 

GT7 is out today and my racing wheel arrives!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7434
    @TeleMaster which wheel did you get and is it any good? How do you have them set up? Stick it to a table or similar and have the pedals under it?
    DefaultM said:
    @TeleMaster which wheel did you get and is it any good? How do you have them set up? Stick it to a table or similar and have the pedals under it?
    I haven’t set it up yet. I had it delivered to a local shop andI nipped out on my break to pick it up. I’m now in Frankie & Bennys with my mate before we go to watch The Batman. So when I get home at midnight I’ll be able to tell you. But it’s the Logitech G923. It’ll be clamped onto a table yea. 

My friend asked me to go, but when I told my wife she looked at me like I'd shit in her hand. So now I'm going twice it seems, but who knows when haha.
    Well, it was okay. Not up to the standard of the Nolan/Bale trilogy but it was okay. 
  • Have a sweet dagger that inflicts bleed in elden ring. Not brilliant for bosses, owing to having no range at all, but it fits in with the fantasy I'm trying to build - small, light and fast.

However, I have now equipped a shield. Even though it doesn't offer 100 percent physical reduction, it has made playing so much easier. This is, by far and away, the easiest soulsborne now.

Found some really weird/crazy places! It's a much better open world than anything I've played before - everywhere has something.

Exploring this world is bloody brilliant.

But still not as good as exploring bloodborne ;) 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    So what are thoughts on GT7? Worth buying a PS5 for? 

I bought an XBox for the first time ever this gen, mostly due to availability, but I’ve been totally blown away by GamePass, it’s amazing. GT was one of my fav games as a kid so I’d happily get a PS5 if it’s that good, but the thought of paying £70 for a game now will be difficult to swallow. 
    edited March 2022
    I played it for about an hour last night. The wheel is great, the brake pedal is quite stiff but that’s apparently meant to replicate the brake on a car set up to race, and I got used to it after 15-20 mins. The table/chair I’m using isn’t really that great for it right now. It’s a bit low and the pedals move so I put the pedal under the table so the end of it gets stuck and can’t move, but I think I need to sort something else out. 

The game is good, standard that you would expect from a Gran Turismo. It looks amazing. I suck at it. 

If you buy from Currys there’s always offers on preordering games. I got 15% off this so it was more like £60 before I added a voucher too. I know it’s a lot of money but you can literally get infinite hours out of a game like GT. Personally, I don’t think £70 is unreasonable for a game like this but I do think it’s strange that the prices are creeping up generation on generation by a tenner each time. 
    This is what I'm thinking. I'm going to download it because with a game like that it's annoying to have to keep getting up to put the disc in. I like to just be able to put it on for 15 minutes and have 1 race. You can keep doing that until you get bored of it, so £70 isn't a lot really.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    I'm liking GT7 so far - it's going to be a grind to earn credits for cars but that's nothing new. Only downside is you can't sell cars anymore so no more farming profitable races and selling prize cars.
    I bought it digitally using discounted PSN topup cards from shopto.net
    Oh you can’t sell them? That’s a bummer. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    DefaultM said:
    I haven’t set it up yet. I had it delivered to a local shop andI nipped out on my break to pick it up. I’m now in Frankie & Bennys with my mate before we go to watch The Batman. So when I get home at midnight I’ll be able to tell you. But it’s the Logitech G923. It’ll be clamped onto a table yea. 

That's bloody £400, that's about the cost of a  PS5, granted it works with GT7 and Farming Simuulator, but it doesn't work with Super Mario Kart yet alone Sonic All Star Racing.
    edited March 2022
    DefaultM said:

That's bloody £400, that's about the cost of a  PS5, granted it works with GT7 and Farming Simuulator, but it doesn't work with Super Mario Kart yet alone Sonic All Star Racing.
    It was £300 from Currys plus I’ve got loads of ONS vouchers from doing the covid swab survey thing so I actually only paid £150. I’ve done all my vouchers in recent weeks with this, Horizon: Forbidden West, Elden Ring and GT. 

You should see the pro ones. 

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/

I’m not using the pedals right now as it’s easier to attach it to the table and not use it. I need some time to get used to driving with it anyway. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    DefaultM said:

It was £300 from Currys plus I’ve got loads of ONS vouchers from doing the covid swab survey thing so I actually only paid £150. I’ve done all my vouchers in recent weeks with this, Horizon: Forbidden West, Elden Ring and GT. 

You should see the pro ones. 

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/

I’m not using the pedals right now as it’s easier to attach it to the table and not use it. I need some time to get used to driving with it anyway. 

I couldn't bring myself to spend £150 never mind seventeen hundred quid on a controller, steering wheel with pedals or not.  I just couldn't justify it, not even to myself as a treat, something I'd been saving up for..... I can't, maybe it's the stingy bugger in me.  The prices are shocking me, and I haven't even read any of the specs or features yet to see what yor're getting in a seventeen hundred quid steering wheel - it doesn't look like it will make me a cup of tea though.  Five hundred quid on a PS5 I can justify, £60 - £70 for the odd game I can justify, but not 30% of the price of the hardware the accessory is for, that's like putting fifteen hundreed quid alloys on a two grand banger to me sorry.
    It's downloading. Looking forward to hitting in to the barriers on every corner.