Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dudley, a dress rehearsal for Eunice ?

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13585
edited February 2022 in Off Topic
getting pretty gusty out there,  what ever moves today,  Im battening down for Friday.  We're getting 50mph gusts today,  66+ forecast on Friday mid-day 

Looks like our friends over the bridge will be getting it really bad ,  met office are upgrading the alert to red for coastal wales - 100mph gusts........................  stay safe 
just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15278
    tFB Trader
    So after Dudley there is Moore to come
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    So after Dudley there is Moore to come

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16269
    used to love going to the coast when there was a storm on. Bude was our favourite, the bit beyond the breakwater used to churn up like the Devil's own cauldron. Think I'll head up onto Ivinghoe Beacon on friday, love being out on the hills in a blow.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• So after Dudley there is Moore to come
    Roger that. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Friday is forecasting 70-80mph gust where I live in West Dorset. We haven't had weather that bad here since I think 2014 when it blew down our massive fence.

• VimFuego said:
    used to love going to the coast when there was a storm on. Bude was our favourite, the bit beyond the breakwater used to churn up like the Devil's own cauldron. Think I'll head up onto Ivinghoe Beacon on friday, love being out on the hills in a blow.
    Similar. I might pop down to West Bay (just 10 minutes or so from here) with my camera to see if I can catch some massive waves. 

VimFuego said:
    Similar. I might pop down to West Bay (just 10 minutes or so from here) with my camera to see if I can catch some massive waves. 
    you Bridport  area then GR ?  
  • bertie said:
    VimFuego said:
    Yes, in one of the villages a short drive north of Bridport. 

bertie said:
    VimFuego said:
    we used to take the hounds down to a place in South Poorton / Powerstock     -    
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20249
    edited February 2022
    Despite sounding like a pair of characters from a 1970's public information film, they could get nasty.
    Dudley seems like its going be relatively OK (fingers crossed) in NE England, but Eunice might bring 80+ mph winds & snow too.
    Batten down the hatches lads.

The advice from Northern Powergrid is hilarious.
    "As a reminder: if you do lose power, you can report your power cut online at www.northernpowergrid.com/power-cuts or take a look at our 24/7 social media feeds on Facebook and Twitter (@NorthPowergrid).
     Informing us that you have no power means we can keep in touch with you during the power cut."

The last 2 storms have taken out mobile coverage both times as well as electricity & if you ring them from an old wired landline phone, they either don't answer or have no means of talking to anyone. 

Priceless  B
  • bertie said:
    bertie said:
    VimFuego said:
    we used to take the hounds down to a place in South Poorton / Powerstock     -    
    We're over near Beaminster. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15278
    tFB Trader
    VimFuego said:
    Agree there is something about looking at extreme weather - Prefer to be looking at it as against in it - Hope we all get through it safe and sound 
    somebody needs to tell Emp to stay indoors 
  • Despite sounding like a pair of characters from a 1970's public information film, they could get nasty.
    Dudley seems like its going be relatively OK (fingers crossed) in NE England, but Eunice might bring 80+ mph winds & snow too.
    Batten down the hatches lads.

The advice from Northern Powergrid is hilarious.
    "As a reminder: if you do lose power, you can report your power cut online at www.northernpowergrid.com/power-cuts or take a look at our 24/7 social media feeds on Facebook and Twitter (@NorthPowergrid).
     Informing us that you have no power means we can keep in touch with you during the power cut."

The last 2 storms have taken out mobile coverage both times as well as electricity & if you ring them from an old wired landline phone, they either don't answer or have no means of talking to anyone. 

Priceless  B
    Agreed, Northern Powergrid is run by a bunch of idiots, though I am very grateful that they sent me a cheque for just under 1.6 Trillion Pounds in the post on Saturday.  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2120
    I'll be at Portland Bill trying not to be blown off Portland.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    bertie said:

I'll be sure to mention it when he takes me for those pints he promised.

edited February 2022
    Brio said:
    ooh an old "mate"  (drinking acquaintance and guitarist)  lives/lived on Portland.............. Keith Lock/Locke  ? -worked for MOD/navy -  stayed up here when he worked at Abbey Wood
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30349
    bertie said:
    And @chillidoggy ;
    Sassafras said:
    bertie said:
    And @chillidoggy ;
    true,  windy enough without him on walkabout 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20249
    Brio said:
    Getting blown off by Portland Bill is an experience I'll pass on thanks  ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom