Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dudley, a dress rehearsal for Eunice ?

What's Hot

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 8558
    For me South East of Glasgow it started very suddenly at 3pm yesterday.  I went into B&Q and the air was still, but getting darker and raining, and when I came out I was hit by a gust and horizontal rain that slammed me against the wall.  It eased off around 10pm and we just have the occasional fierce gust.  I was visiting my Mother just as the wind had picked up to sudden gusts of about 80 to 85mph and her high perimeter fence was already being bent over really badly.  I tried my best in the torrential rain and gusting winds to brace the fence and I think my efforts probably saved it from being completely blown down.  Fortunately no structural damage to her house or mine.  I lost some roof tiles in the last gale and a large concrete block from my Mother's chimney was dislodged and tumbled down knocking off slates as it bounced out into the neighbour's garden and embedded itself 9 inches into the lawn.

I think the next storm is not going to be as powerful up here and will mainly affect England, but from what I see forecast we're more likely to get a snow bomb dropped on us up here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 432
    I am in Hampshire. 
  • Brio said:
    I'll be at Portland Bill trying not to be blown off Portland.
    Getting blown off by Portland Bill is an experience I'll pass on thanks  ;)
    I recommend you have a suck on a Fisherman's Friend when near the coast in bad weather. My Nan said she always did that.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Sassafras said:
    bertie said:
    somebody needs to tell Emp to stay indoors 
    And @chillidoggy ;

A prudent suggestion. If I got knocked over by the gale and fell on someone, they’d be seriously injured.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16427
    VimFuego said:
    used to love going to the coast when there was a storm on. Bude was our favourite, the bit beyond the breakwater used to churn up like the Devil's own cauldron. Think I'll head up onto Ivinghoe Beacon on friday, love being out on the hills in a blow.
    I love Ivinghoe and the whole Ashridge Estate area from Tring through to Whipsnade ......go biking out there a lot.
    You won't see any gliders over the Downs in that wind tho' .
    Great place for lunch is the Kings Head in Ivinghoe Village ...very old school French but quaint and run by a charming old French Gentleman in his 80s .Good Food.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    edited February 2022
    Dominic said:
    VimFuego said:
    Think I'll head up onto Ivinghoe Beacon on friday, love being out on the hills in a blow.
    I love Ivinghoe 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Red warning issued for Bristol Channel area. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Red warning issued for Bristol Channel area. 
    f*ck  -  that's very, very close to us....................................
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    edited February 2022
    Dominic said:
    VimFuego said:
    used to love going to the coast when there was a storm on. Bude was our favourite, the bit beyond the breakwater used to churn up like the Devil's own cauldron. Think I'll head up onto Ivinghoe Beacon on friday, love being out on the hills in a blow.
    I love Ivinghoe and the whole Ashridge Estate area from Tring through to Whipsnade ......go biking out there a lot.
    Great place for lunch is the Kings Head in Ivinghoe Village ...very old school French but quaint and run by a charming old French Gentleman in his 80s .Good Food.
    Old Georges is a darling, and always well turned out ! But it's a restaurant rather than a pub (and a very good one) my usual is smokies to start, and 1/2 a roast duck for main !!!!).  I live right on top of the Chilterns just above Tring, so I'll be happy to have kept my roof on by Saturday morning !!!!!!

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2120
    Should be fun on the cycle into work...
    Ash in Surrey for me so the biggest threat is still twats in cars.
    edited February 2022
    the "boundary"  is less than 1 mile from where we live   -   spending the rest of the day,  battening down anything that could move
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3153
    Dominic said:
    VimFuego said:
    Didn’t realise we had more Bedfordshire types here. I’m in Leighton Buzzard and our house is near open fields which seem to make winds quite strong here. Yesterday the wind blew my garden furniture to the back of the garden so it’s now weighted down with sand bags. What’s worrying me is a neighbour had roof tiles blown off so I’m keeping a close eye on ours tomorrow. 
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3419
    Wonderful - that' where I live. I have a gig tomorrow night and they're talking about cancelling it. Not happy.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    Safety is more important than a gig. Hopefully you can reschedule...?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3419
    Poboy said:
    Maybe, but the worst of it will have passed by lunchtime, according to the Met Office, and my gig isn't until 8pm...
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    PC_Dave said:
    Poboy said:
    Maybe, but the worst of it will have passed by lunchtime, according to the Met Office, and my gig isn't until 8pm...
    amber alert is on until 21:00 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Embrace it…

could be the only blowey you’ll get!!!!
    I cant help but say 'Dudley' in a Brummie accent.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 624
    Buses stopped in South Wales. Flying debris is a big concern.

Stay safe folks!