Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dudley, a dress rehearsal for Eunice ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24772
    edited February 2022
    bertie said:
    In other instances, dont label "London / home counties" as representative of the whole of the south !!     1" of snow up there and you'd think there were bilzzards  
    Oh great, we've already been attacked by Northerners, now the South West is turning on us too.

Can't help it that all the interesting stuff happens in the South East.  Maybe it's because there are lots of us, we don't all live in the wilderness, miles away from our nearest neighbours.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    Philly_Q said:
    bertie said:
    In other instances, dont label "London / home counties" as representative of the whole of the south !!     1" of snow up there and you'd think there were bilzzards ;) 
    Oh great, we've already been attacked by Northerners, now the South West is turning on us too.

Can't help it that all the interesting stuff happens in the South East.  Maybe it's because there are lots of us, we don't all live in the wilderness, miles away from out nearest neighbours. ;)
    =)

I need back-up where I can get it  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12755
    From where we are London and above is oop north. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do feel sorry for the weather forecasters: talk about playing to a tough crowd! Thing is, most of the the time while the red alert was on in Wokingham, it wasn't that bad. It might have tempted you to contemptuously dismiss the Met Office as a bunch of scaremongers, but evry half hour or so there would come - seemingly out of nowhere - a gust so fierce it left you thinking "WTF?". It was those gusts that did the damage - locally quite a few fence panels wrecked; some trees down, etc. And you understand, they're not forecasting for the 95% of the time when things are blowy but manageable, they're forecasting for those ten second gusts when things go apeshit and stuff gets wrecked.
  • It was a bit Hairy driving out in the Peak District this Afternoon, that's all I can say.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    There was a large tree uprooted a few meters away from my house in SE London, and some metal commercial exhaust pipe flying around that crashed into a car and wrote it off one street away so it was no joke around here.  
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5123
    edited February 2022
    Major road into Liverpool city center disrupted today after a building had serious damage from the wind, caused the road to be closed all day. So definitely not just the South affected.

Blowy as fuck here!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3178
    91mph gusts for us

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Jesus H - Is anyone else getting hit by Franklin ? Like the angry offspring of Dudley and Eunice…

The wind is whipping the rain under our sash windows, and the noise is like one of those North Sea storm films.

Glad I am indoors…
  • Yes battering our lounge windows here in Dorset. 

Wind may not be as bad as Eunice, but having rain in the mix makes it seem worse. 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20251
    County Durham. Pissing down all day, wind getting up now, 50mph plus, gales forecast overnight plus sleet/snow. 
    After being affected by all seven major storms in a row, this is getting a teeny bit tedious...
    much worse today than on Friday,   and its still terrible,  and likely to last all night apparently
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2997
    The tree in our garden hasn't survived, trunk has split straight down the middle this afternoon so I have the pleasure of cleaning that up tomorrow lunch time. Luckily that seems to be the only damage for us so far. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5026
    Nestled in the Pennine foothills, just north of Manchester, the rain is sheeting down sideways with the wind.  No damage so far, though (touch wood).

Nitefly said:
     (touch wood).

wrong forum
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11578
    Lights flickering here in north London, wind blowing and rain coming down.

If Vincent Price calls at the front door I'm ging to hide under the bed. The fact that it's a four-drawer divan merely adds to the challenge.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24772
    scrumhalf said:
    Lights flickering here in north London, wind blowing and rain coming down.

Yeah, same here in the South.  It was OK earlier in the day but now it's not much better than it was on Friday.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4610
    Franklin felt like the worst one yet in Manchester. No damage at mine, but I hear people have been evacuated from flooding near the Mersey in Didsbury and Northenden. 

Getting a bit fed up with it now. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16269
    Nitefly said:
    Nestled in the Pennine foothills, just north of Manchester, the rain is sheeting down sideways with the wind.  No damage so far, though (touch wood).

don't you count that as a fine summer's day up there?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11578
    I'm getting rather bored with this now. If I wanted persistent strong winds that can cause damage I'm perfectly capable of providing them myself, thank you very much.