The Football Thread.

What's Hot
1392393394395396398»

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    edited September 30
    It's really outrageous isn't it, like what on earth was he expecting to get out of what he said? a few likes and lols? People really do astound me
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    It's really outrageous isn't it, like what on earth was he expecting to get out of what he said? a few likes and lols? People really do astound me
    Even more bizarrely, there are people arguing the fact he’s been called out and had his life ruined. 

Why on earth can’t people understand that actions have consequences and posting abhorrent stuff like that on social media doesn’t make you immune to them.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    I could never admit to feeling sorry for Man U but Bruno's red card ban has been avoided, following a successful appeal - But of course the damage has already been done on the pitch - However the 'can't be arsed' attitude was already in place be it with 10 or 11 men - I didn't think it was red at the time and to be fair wasn't even sure it was yellow
    tFB Trader
    I heard on our LUFC forum he was 55 as well, so not a young knob head 
    tFB Trader
    Hoping to see a good game tonight - Villa v Munich 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    More importantly time for Portsmouth to hopefully get a win. 
    I heard on our LUFC forum he was 55 as well, so not a young knob head 
    Yeah he was old enough to engage his brain for sure, really bizarre behaviour. 

At our match last night the linesman collapsed after about 5 minutes, thankfully he is ok as far as i know but could do without any more medical incidents at our matches
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1166
    Good and important win vs PSG last night. Assured performance and we controlled the game really well. Now to transfer that to away games. PSG were poor though, thought they'd give us a tougher test to be honest.

We're not doing too badly without Odegaard (we still miss him though).
    tFB Trader
    Good and important win vs PSG last night. Assured performance and we controlled the game really well. Now to transfer that to away games. PSG were poor though, thought they'd give us a tougher test to be honest.

Didn’t see any of your game - LUFC  v Norwich to watch- But chatting to a mate who is a big fan said the same 

I thought they were careless v Leicester to lose a 2 goal lead- But showed plenty of character and togetherness to come back and rescue the points - Both are key assets for a good side and maybe lacking in the past 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1166

Didn’t see any of your game - LUFC  v Norwich to watch- But chatting to a mate who is a big fan said the same 

I thought they were careless v Leicester to lose a 2 goal lead- But showed plenty of character and togetherness to come back and rescue the points - Both are key assets for a good side and maybe lacking in the past 
    Game management is something I can see we've improved on (minus Leicester of course). Good to see Merino make his debut though didn't see much of him and he looked a bit off the pace but will adjust in time. Partey was great, when fully fit and firing he just has to play. CL games are a different pace so it suits him and he dominated that midfield last night. For the faster Premier League games he can struggle a bit and get over run if he hasn't got Rice alongside him.
    tFB Trader
    wow - what a night for Villa - Duran with a corker (his dad was a good boxer) and a great reflex save near the end by Martinez

As for Kane - is he really scoring goals in Germany or is it just propaganda - He was crap last night - About as effective as a Scarborough donkey in the Grand National - Apart from nearly scoring from an off side position he did nothing - Munich played with 10 men all night 

An Will certainly looked like he was enjoying the game
    edited October 3
    Despite my blue and white allegiances i was genuinely happy for the Vile last night, what a brilliant atmosphere it must have been and even better to get the result they did as well. I think they have some less intimidating opponents coming up so hopefully they've not spent themselves too early and can continue doing well in the tournament. 

I just hope they don't continue to talk about this one result for 40 odd years like they did the last time they beat them! (it's a very little known fact that they won the European cup in 1982 you know, they so rarely mention it that people often forget :) )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12886
    munckee said:
    More importantly time for Portsmouth to hopefully get a win. 
    Well that didn’t quite go as planned.  
    tFB Trader
    2 nil up, yet don’t win
    Bruno again goes for an early shower
    1 win in 10 in Europe for TH
    He is not making it easy for himself is he
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 1087
    If anyone is into well presented stats (not that I am) this article on Ten Hag is quite the eye opener!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdx9rgqnwexo
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28439
    2 nil up, yet don’t win
    Bruno again goes for an early shower
    1 win in 10 in Europe for TH
    He is not making it easy for himself is he
    I hear David Moyes has been seen looking at rental properties in the Manchester area ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    2-1 up
    home n dry
    seconds to go and a junior school boy goalkeeping error 
    gifted them a point 
    As bad an error as they come 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3273
    That was some howler. The replay doesn't really show how it happened, he was prone and ready to pick it up when somehow it dinked right around him. It didn't go through his legs like he got the speed of it wrong and it slipped past flailing gloves. He just watched it go right on by.

Highlights for those that haven't seen it. Last kick of the game. ...

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    tFB Trader
    blobb said:
    That was some howler. The replay doesn't really show how it happened, he was prone and ready to pick it up when somehow it dinked right around him. It didn't go through his legs like he got the speed of it wrong and it slipped past flailing gloves. He just watched it go right on by.

I've seen a still frame shot and it does appear to have hit a 'divot' and then somehow wobbled past him - It didn't go through his legs - Shane Warne spin 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7426
    blobb said:

Wow - probably drank too much of that disgusting “energy” drink that they’re sponsored by- caffeinated to the hilt.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1