Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    BigMonka said:
    Sam Fender’s currently doing a cracking job in the pyramid stage at the moment, and I love how much he and his band looking like they’re having the time of their lives!
    Agreed…he and the band were absolutely fantastic! Some nice guitars to look at too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    BigMonka said:
    Sam Fender’s currently doing a cracking job in the pyramid stage at the moment, and I love how much he and his band looking like they’re having the time of their lives!
    Agreed…he and the band were absolutely fantastic! Some nice guitars to look at too!
    I didn’t realise he had so many good songs. Seventeen Going Under is a wonderful bit of writing 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    edited June 2022
    I gave Billie around 40 mins before I caved in and switched over for the end of Primal Scream. I know I'm not supposed to like her but it was too sparse for a headline set imo. She's clearly very well loved but I can't see it, whatever it is.

I loved Crowded House and Alison/Plant. Some sneaky quotes from other Zep songs during Levee.. Jimmy will be getting riled up at home under his tartan rug when he sees it. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    mattdavis said:
    BigMonka said:
    I didn’t realise he had so many good songs. Seventeen Going Under is a wonderful bit of writing 
    It certainly is…we’ve stuck it in our set this year and it goes down really well
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10005
    edited June 2022
    I enjoyed Plant/Krauss but I did feel it was a bit lukewarm for the crowd and didn't feel like there was much energy coming back from the crowd on that one.

St Vincent i thought was excellent. That giraffe banner on a pole that kept looking like it was pecking her when she stood on the crowd fence made me laugh a lot more than it should have.

I didn't get Dry Cleaning at all, unfortunately, though I tried. Wolf Alice sounded interesting but I don't like the vocals. The guitarist has some excellent guitar sounds. Watched his rig rundown afterwards and it was a good watch. I notice the vocals aren't as annoying on the recorded versions of the songs.

Not watched Billie Eilish yet but I'm looking forward to that. I get that it's probably not really big festival headlining stuff, but I like to think of her music as introverted music so to see introverted stuff doing well is always a draw for me. 

I didn't care much for Crowded House but then I don't think I'm the target audience for that  sounds like I should give Sam Fender a chance though

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Have been listening to Sam Fender all morning. Not quite sure how I’ve overlooked him for so long. Seventeen Going Under is a masterpiece. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    I liked Robert Plant and Alison Krause. Never heard them before and quite enjoyed it. Their voices compliment each other well and a great band behind them. 

Four Tet was fantastic. Just wish I was there. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171
    I gave Billie around 40 mins before I caved in and switched over for the end of Primal Scream. I know I'm not supposed to like her but it was too sparse for a headline set imo. She's clearly very well loved but I can't see it, whatever it is.
    I did same. Unfortunately Primal Scream were no better. Rock by numbers - without a single tune. I bailed again after 20mins.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    The guitarist playing with St Vincent was the guy I saw playing with Beck pre lockdown . A very good player , has some lovely vintage stuff and does a great job as a showman too 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    Jesus and Mary Chain the guitar sounded huge. 

Quite liked Idles too. Intense. Loved the Beatles cover. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    Is St Vincent still on iPlayer? Can't find it.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12343
    mattdavis said:
    Have been listening to Sam Fender all morning. Not quite sure how I’ve overlooked him for so long. Seventeen Going Under is a masterpiece. 

He gets bashed for not being serious enough by the serious music fan/boring old cunts crowd - he didn't do as well as he has by being rubbish people always forget other people have discretion as well! :)

Seventeen Going Under won Radio X's greatest song ever - bit strong - but it shows the depth of affection for it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ewalewal Frets: 2646
    Any coverage of The Libertines or Zelensky anywhere? Seems strange that it hasn't been featured by BBC given Glastonbury's long association with the peace movement.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    I didn't realise that the Libertines were that involved, but I'm glad to hear it! 
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12343
    eoinzy said:
    What guitar strap was the lead singer of Wet Leg wearing yesterday?

Hers, hopefully.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3699
    edited June 2022
    Just digging in. 

Seun Kuti bringing energy, but Def notice the absence of keys and guitar#2 in the lineup. (Gear aside: using cool Trussart guitar and bass.)

Hoping for Snarky Puppy's set to be online. Also Richard Thompson 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3699
    To the people bemoaning the lineup - not entirely unjustified - I'd say that this deficiency is replicated in other festivals. I mean, 15-20 years ago, WOMAD was the bollocks. Nowadays, it's mostly bollocks. I don't know whether that's just reflective of the general trend in music, or safer programming. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10005
    Philtre said:
    Is St Vincent still on iPlayer? Can't find it.
    When I was watching yesterday I seemed to have to pick the "Live" channel for the stage upon which the acts I wished to watch were performing, then flick backwards and forwards on that to see stuff earlier in the day. I don't know whether all of those will be available on demand as well but I hope so as i won't be able to watch everything each day necessarily.

They helpfully put the batting order with times on between the acts and the scroll bar at the bottom shows the time of day it was on rather than how many minutes or hours you are into the stream, so that is quite good
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16377
    Greatape said:
    Just digging in. 

Seun Kuti bringing energy, but Def notice the absence of keys and guitar#2 in the lineup. 

Hoping for Snarky Puppy's set to be online. Also Richard Thompson 
    @Greatape Richard Thompson cancelled due to sickness. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom