Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Theyve even cancelled this weeks TPS as Dans hat has had to be taken off in order to pay respect..... or some such poor excuse.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4423
    edited September 2022
    DefaultM said:
    Hattigol said:
    Lewy said:
    DefaultM said:
    drofluf said:
    tony99 said:
    so what happens with money?

I have about £60 in notes and £20 odd in coins (yeah the great gatsby)

is it still fine?

It’ll be fine until the coronation but after that you won’t be able to spend it but will have to wait until the Charles III notes and coins have been printed and minted. Then you can go to your bank and exchange them. 
    Where have you read this? They've only just made the new notes with her face on them. If you could still spend the old paper notes until a bit ago, I seriously doubt they're going to say money with the Queen's face on it only lasts the next few weeks.
    It certainly didn't come from the Bank of England because they've said they're not going to say anything about bank notes until after a period of mourning.
    Jesus guys, can you not spot a wind-up or what? Goodness me.... 

I must be too grief stricken.
    I think I've become too used to seeing half-baked nonsense presented as fact .....
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    exocet said:
    Truss' by contrast sounded like something written and delivered by a lower school student...
    She probably asked Boris to knock something up for her.  And of course he was happy to oblige :-)
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3976
    Lewy said:
    DefaultM said:
    Hattigol said:
    Lewy said:
    DefaultM said:
    drofluf said:
    tony99 said:

is it still fine?

It’ll be fine until the coronation but after that you won’t be able to spend it but will have to wait until the Charles III notes and coins have been printed and minted. Then you can go to your bank and exchange them. 
    Where have you read this? They've only just made the new notes with her face on them. If you could still spend the old paper notes until a bit ago, I seriously doubt they're going to say money with the Queen's face on it only lasts the next few weeks.
    It certainly didn't come from the Bank of England because they've said they're not going to say anything about bank notes until after a period of mourning.
    Jesus guys, can you not spot a wind-up or what? Goodness me.... 

I must be too grief stricken.
    I think I've become too used to seeing half-baked nonsense presented as fact .....
    Perhaps I should spend some time on the naughty step :)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited September 2022
    drofluf said:
    Perhaps I should spend some time on the naughty step

not sure there's enough room

What did p1$$ me off, was BBC1 and BBC2, showing exactly the same tribute/newsfeed all night - Why ?

Absolutely right to show it on one of channels, but surely in this day, there's room to accommodate the people that might want to watch what was actually scheduled
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1994
    bertie said:
    drofluf said:

What did p1$$ me off, was BBC1 and BBC2, showing exactly the same tribute/newsfeed all night - Why ?

Absolutely right to show it on one of channels, but surely in this day, there's room to accommodate the people that might want to watch what was actually scheduled
    All part of the agreed protocol with the Royal Family.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    exocet said:

can we blame Andrew ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24782
    bertie said:

Because everyone is so terrified of being judged for not showing enough 'respect', they go overboard.  Imagine the hand-wringing and desperate attempts at back-pedalling damage limitation were the BBC to be criticised, however slightly, for showing anything other than wall-to-wall blanket obsequious servility.  Nobody wants to be the media outlet accused of showing disrespect to the Queen.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    exocet said:
    bertie said:
    drofluf said:

I don't believe that I & other licence fee payers were consulted on this 'agreed protocol' by the unelected few...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    so you made me miss Masterchef
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11604
    exocet said:
    bertie said:
    drofluf said:

They should have learned from Phillip and changed the protocol.  They had a record number of complaints when they showed the same on both channels when Phillip died.  I watch about half an hour of the coverage, but after that they were basically repeating the same stuff to fill time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Yeah, I must admit the blanket news coverage is going to wear very thin very quickly.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1994
    edited September 2022
    crunchman said:
    exocet said:
    bertie said:
    drofluf said:

They should have learned from Phillip and changed the protocol.  They had a record number of complaints when they showed the same on both channels when Phillip died.  I watch about half an hour of the coverage, but after that they were basically repeating the same stuff to fill time.
    They couldn't change it unilaterally without causing a shit storm of far greater magnitude than that with Phillips death. Planning for this goes back over 30 years - all covered under "London Bridge is Down" name.
    Everyone senior in UK Media knew that the Queen had passed on by 14:00 yesterday, many would have been prepared for the inevitable earlier in day but as far as I can tell, they all adhered to the script i.e. no-one jumped the gun and announced before 18:30. 

End of an era in the UK and I don't think you'll ever get that kind of agreement / coordination between all parties ever again.  I doubt the BBC will be around when Charles passes on.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    drofluf said:
    DefaultM said:
    drofluf said:
    tony99 said:

is it still fine?

Hook, line and sinker. :lol:
    I think it says a lot about my opinion of the people in charge of this country, because I still 100% believe this is something they would actually come out with.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    edited September 2022
    Double post 
  • I was reminded today of when the Queen met Tommy Cooper back stage at a Royal Variety

TC: Ma'am, do you like football?

HM: Not particularly.

TC: Can I have your FA Cup final tickets then?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder what Brian May and Roger Taylor will do now.

I wonder what Brian May and Roger Taylor will do now.
    retire.  hopefully
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1512
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    edited September 2022
    Playing authentic... 
    Unlike that massive cunt Johnson.
     Campfire Music and Sing-alongs