Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• Some pretty cynical attitudes on here; to be expected I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    I think it's very possible that she wasn't in the box during the lying in State etc and that she was kept in cold storage.
    I don't think that the coffin taken in to the service was empty for religious reasons etc.
    I suspect the coffin brought out this morning was switched into place at about 8.30 am .
    Even if it was lead lined it would be like Code 2 ......very thin so not terribly heavy .
    It may be it wasn't lead lined at all and that the coffin is very lightweight because it's designed to be put inside a heavy lead sarcophagus before the internment in the vault ........after all nobody actually saw the coffin.

• The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6211
    Dominic said:
    I think it's very possible that she wasn't in the box during the lying in State etc and that she was kept in cold storage.
    I don't think that the coffin taken in to the service was empty for religious reasons etc.
    I suspect the coffin brought out this morning was switched into place at about 8.30 am .
    Even if it was lead lined it would be like Code 2 ......very thin so not terribly heavy .
    It may be it wasn't lead lined at all and that the coffin is very lightweight because it's designed to be put inside a heavy lead sarcophagus before the internment in the vault ........after all nobody actually saw the coffin.

Does everything have to be a conspiracy these days?

It's a marathon event. The queen's quite fortunate really, at least she gets to lie down.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73360
    Dominic said:
    I think she was in the coffin. It would just cause too much trouble if it was ever found out that a million people or whatever it was were conned into trudging across London to file past an empty box. The logistics of keeping another coffin hidden, switching them and making sure a small enough number of people know about it that it never gets out, just make it more logical (if dull) that all is as it seems.

I genuinely think Diana is buried in the family vault and not on that island though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    Opened YouTube and it's still ongoing? I thought it was done by 12:15, what have they been doing with her the last 3 hours?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    ICBM said:
    Dominic said:

I genuinely think Diana is buried in the family vault and not on that island though.
    What , Canvey ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    Dominic said:

Does everything have to be a conspiracy these days?

The first rule of conspiracy theories also applies...

WHY?

You don't just get shoved in the guards regiments... they aren't a punishment duty.  Those soldiers acting as pallbearers were doing probably the most notable and prestigious task of their military careers.. they were not going to drop the coffin.  They have probably if nothing else been drilling for it all week.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 700
    Boromedic said:
    For a little bit of balance whilst taking the piss out of someone at his mothers funeral, take a look at this picture:

https://i.imgur.com/2rnzUdk.jpg

Thats the Falklands war, and that’s supposed to be Andrew flying it, a Sea King pilot on HMS Invincible.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5061
    edited September 2022
    daveyh said:
    Boromedic said:
    For a little bit of balance whilst taking the piss out of someone at his mothers funeral, take a look at this picture:

Thats the Falklands war, and that’s supposed to be Andrew flying it, a Sea King pilot on HMS Invincible.
    Yes apparently he served well, shame he had to ruin it by being an arrogant cockend.

P.s. it's also a joke..... Perhaps if he didn't embarrass his family by hanging around with people like Epstein and taking advantage of his services, he wouldn't be facing such ridicule regardless of the day. Maybe he should've considered the weight of his responsibilities like William has so nobly.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    daveyh said:
    Boromedic said:

Lol balance for this guy. Okay. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12742
    edited September 2022
    Boromedic said:
    Yes apparently he served well, shame he had to ruin it by being an arrogant cockend.

P.s. it's also a joke..... Perhaps if he didn't embarrass his family by hanging around with people like Epstein and taking advantage of his services, he wouldn't be facing such ridicule regardless of the day. Maybe he should've considered the weight of his responsibilities like William has so nobly.
    He was an arrogant cockend WHILE he was serving as well.  Conversely you apparently won't hear anything said against Charles, or indeed William or Harry, by those who served with them.

Andrew was essentially sacked by his mother for his bad behaviour.  As someone else said in this thread, he is fundamentally so arrogant he probably didn't even understand the concept of a woman not wanting him.  That nobody pulled him out of the orbit of Epstein and co shows a failure of those supposed to keep an eye on him.

What everyone has missed, of course, is that he is in a minority of one in a family that generally takes their responsibilities seriously in being that much of an idiot.

Edit:  brave arrogant cockends often serve well... Douglas Bader for example wasn't exactly blessed with modesty.  If gifted or in Andrew's case royal enough, it seems to be tolerated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29304

What everyone has missed, of course, is that he is in a minority of one in a family that generally takes their responsibilities seriously
    Since at least the mid seventies, queenie abused crown consent to hide and boost her personal fortune. Chaz also has form for this. They have exploited the country for personal gain for decades, and that is not OK. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

What everyone has missed, of course, is that he is in a minority of one in a family that generally takes their responsibilities seriously
    Since at least the mid seventies, queenie abused crown consent to hide and boost her personal fortune. Chaz also has form for this. They have exploited the country for personal gain for decades, and that is not OK. 
    Or, she safeguarded the wealth and future of the institution she was sworn to protect?

The monarchy has spectacular wealth, a few billion, especially in property, but if they were gone it would all be gone in one tax break to help win an election. 

All the palaces and castles turned into gaudy residences for rich Arabs, with maybe one or two decaying as underfunded English heritage sites.

I'm not saying everything they do is OK, BTW.  As I said in another thread maybe it's time for a referendum, but I'd vote to keep them.
  • The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5061
    edited September 2022
    P.s. before anyone reminds me, I'm already going to hell..... :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

Or, she safeguarded the wealth and future of the institution she was sworn to protect?

She stood in front of a gold piano to lecture the nation about poverty. Palace jobs pay below minimum wage. Royal wealth is many, many billions - not just tens or even hundreds of millions - billions - while the country has food banks to try to stop people starving. Cancer operations were cancelled for her funeral. Ordinary peoples' funerals were cancelled for hers. It is utterly obscene, and she clearly cared not one jot for "her" subjects. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    Sporky said:

Or, she safeguarded the wealth and future of the institution
    Yes that's the issue. 
    Boromedic said:
    See you there. I intend to have words with Satan, the pointy-headed shitheel. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15935
    Sporky said:
    Boromedic said:
    See you there. I intend to have words with Satan, the pointy-headed shitheel. 
    oi, old Nick ain't got nothing to answer for, it's god who's the sadistic arsehole who is the one in need of a stern talking to!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.