Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    The thread did start respectful, and most people still are about the Queen herself.
    Then the media started with the old "who is the saddest about this" competition and it's just too much. I've not even got live TV and I'm sick of it.

Today on the radio they interviewed a guy stood in the queue to see the empty box "I've felt lost all week, I'm always nearly crying or actually crying". Sounds like you've got some serious emotional issues my friend because that is not normal. You didn't know her, the closest you got was having money with her face on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    DefaultM said:
    The thread did start respectful, and most people still are about the Queen herself.
    Then the media started with the old "who is the saddest about this" competition and it's just too much. I've not even got live TV and I'm sick of it.

Today on the radio they interviewed a guy stood in the queue to see the empty box "I've felt lost all week, I'm always nearly crying or actually crying". Sounds like you've got some serious emotional issues my friend because that is not normal. You didn't know her, the closest you got was having money with her face on.
    You might be at the anger stage of your grief. Don't worry, it gets easier and the anger will pass. Take a step back for a while and try and think about what she meant to you as an individual. Then, when you're ready, you'll enter the denial stage, come back to us then, and we can talk, but please try to be calm and make sure your anger has subsided.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2678
    I've calmed down now having found Simon Reeves on iPlayer - perfect anecdote to all this nonsense. So refreshing to see some real life from across the world again. Makes me realise just how insular and self-obsessed the western world has become.

I have 1000 times more respect for people like the woman in the Rio favelas who tutors 100s of deprived kids off her own back, than I do for any symbolic head of state.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    I have been a little angry over the situation, but because a member of my family has been bawling their eyes out over it, going on about how it's a matter of respect and they have to do it and that we're disgusting because we're not. Getting in touch and trying to force us to have a more extreme reaction than "aw that's a shame" and then calling us disrespectful when we don't.
    Meanwhile back in reality they're the most disrespectful person I've ever met. There isn't a family gathering where they dont say disgusting things about women, autistic people, gay people, trans people, anything outside the norm. It's brought the raging cunts out en masse. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Feel like saying to him that in the unfortunate event the Queen ever had to spend time with you she'd have been doing all the secret signals to her staff to take her the fuck away.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29304
    In case anyone thinks I'm a heartless anti-royalist, one of our nearly-neighbours wanted to toddle up to London to see the flowers and so on, so we looked after her dog for the day so she could. See? I'm nice to people I care about. There just aren't many of them. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12669
    Sporky said:
    In case anyone thinks I'm a heartless anti-royalist, one of our nearly-neighbours wanted to toddle up to London to see the flowers and so on, so we looked after her dog for the day so she could. See? I'm nice to people I care about. There just aren't many of them. 
    What have you done to foo foo you monster??
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    Sporky said:
    Same here, sort of. I tried to get my missus to go grieve and told her I'd take care of things here at home; watering the plants and make sure the freezer doesn't defrost and the like.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Took him for a walk and tickled his head A LOT. And made progress on teaching him to catch and return a ball.

Failed spectacularly to get him to use indoor stairs, mind. There's only do much you can do in a day. 
  • tony99 said:
    Sporky said:
    Same here, sort of. I tried to get my missus to go grieve and told her I'd take care of things here at home; watering the plants and make sure the freezer doesn't defrost and the like.
    I wonder if the Queen has defrosted yet, after her Rundreise durch Großbritannien.  Woman should have been buried days ago.  Sick sycophantic wipes.  
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4664
    edited September 2022
    https://i.imgur.com/1GM4hG9.gif

22hr long queue at the moment 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Sporky said:
    Spork, I believe you and that's a fab gesture.  Mrs O and I want to join the queue tomorrow, so would you mind looking after one of our dogs please?

Bone.jpg 1.2M
    No probs. The one at the front is odd looking, mind. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:
    Spork, I believe you and that's a fab gesture.  Mrs O and I want to join the queue tomorrow, so would you mind looking after one of our dogs please?

Bonny dog with a healthy appetite, could see off a small elderly person in one sitting...
    Hope you find a dog sitter when you go to see Mrs Quinn's honorary stuff.
    Oh wait a minute, I think I have a cunning plan... 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24782
    She isn't in the box is she ?

Why would they ?  Nobody will ever know.  No point in taking the risk that anything could happen...  terrorists, crazies.... leakage..   She's probably in a private chapel somewhere and all these thousands of people are queuing for hours to walk past and nod at a wooden box with a cloth on it.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    Of course she's not in the box..........it's ceremonial
    She has been embalmed,waxed etc and is ,indeed,in a a private chapel ;I suspect already at the building where she will be interred
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11477
    Schrodinger's Queen? 
  • vizviz Frets: 10788
    I suspect most people are going for a mixture of FOMO and the feeling of patriotism. I guess that’s what it is, I can’t believe people are actually grieivng, genuinely distraught. 

I’m sure the box is empty - that’s pretty cool. Like robbing a bank with unloaded weapons. Must be quite a thrill for the organisers. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1362
    I find it absolutely baffling that people are queuing all night to "pay their respects".  This smacks of "doing it so I can tell people about it"....

So weird, it's like a mob mentality because they're only queuing because everyone else is queuing, so it becomes more and more acceptable to be stood out all night to walk through a room which almost certainly does not have the body of the Queen in.

Still.... She seemed like a nice lady from what I've seen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Schrodinger's Queen? 
    Is she even dead?