Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2419
    edited September 2022

As for Andrew. Being a family member and grieving is one thing. Amazingly... it appears someone was protecting him from US Justice. Oh. Really?  Of course, we hadn't figured that out for ourselves. Former US Attorney General, Geoffrey Berman: "We got absolutely nowhere. Were they protecting him? I presume someone was.”

Further, he might not able to wear a uniform but is STILL one of the "Deputy Kings".... The Duke of York will continue to be a counsellor of state, effectively an official stand-in for when the monarch is unable to perform duties.

The counsellors of state are rarely called upon, although King Charles and Prince William stood in for the Queen in the last state opening of parliament due to her mobility issues at the time.

King Charles does not appoint his counsellors of state, rather by law they must include the sovereign’s spouse and the next four people in the line of succession who are over the age of 21.

This means Princess Beatrice, the Duke of York’s daughter, is now a counsellor of state. Prince Andrew unlikely to resume royal duties under King Charles

Many questioned why laws could not be rewritten to give more freedom of the selection of the counsellors of state so that Andrew might be stripped of the role and so that Princess Anne could step in.

Anne is unable to do this because when she was born, male heirs had first right to the throne over women – a rule known as male royal primogeniture.

In 2013, new legislation, the Succession to the Crown Act, scrapped this and gave women equal rights to men in the line of succession. The act applies to those born after 28 October 2011. As this law is not retrospective, Anne, 72, misses out.

Richard Fitzwilliams, royal expert, told the Guardian: “The law lays down that counsellors of state are as announced, the first four adults in the line of succession and the monarch’s spouse.

“There is a good reason to change it. After the death of Prince Philip when Prince Charles had Covid and Prince William was fleetingly abroad, it is unclear what might have happened if the Queen had been incapacitated.

“However, it can only be changed by parliament. With a younger monarch it makes the matter less urgent, but it should certainly be attended to.

“Prince Andrew has no future as a senior working royal, although reports indicate he is not reconciled to this. However, a funeral obviously involves those who have the right to grieve as a family and because of this I think this aspect of it has been appropriately handled.”

Above from the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/14/prince-andrew-queen-coffin-procession-counsellor-of-state-jeffrey-epstein-scandal

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    I have nothing against people who choose to pay their respects to the Queen at this time, but at the same time I have to admit I just don’t get it.
    I wouldn't queue for half an hour for anything, let alone three hours plus or whatever it is. That said, the BBC stream of the lying in state is awe-inspiring in its solemnity.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19630
    Days of coverage & still no bloody dragons.

Annoyed taxpayer...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9671
    Wait till the taxpayer finds out what all this has cost as it’s coming from the public purse not one of the richest families in Britain.
    Amazing we’re funding a drawn out funeral for a lady with reported wealth of £260 million at a time of national economic crisis.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19630
    edited September 2022
    This taxpayer is aware of the situation, but is trying to avoid having a damaging thrombosis/embolism/apoplectic attack as well as not alienating further fFB'ers  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    chris78 said:
    Wait till the taxpayer finds out what all this has cost as it’s coming from the public purse not one of the richest families in Britain.
    Amazing we’re funding a drawn out funeral for a lady with reported wealth of £260 million at a time of national economic crisis.
    Do you have any idea how much money the pomp and pageantry surrounding the Queen's funeral will bring into UK plc?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15935
    chris78 said:
    gawd bless 'er (and all that sailed in 'er), it's our patriotic duty to starve and go cold this winter so she can 'ave a proper send orf.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    chris78 said:
    I'm surprised that she isn't worth considerably more than this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    edited September 2022
    Dominic said:
    chris78 said:
    She was £12m more a year or so ago. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2678
    Promised myself I wouldn't get annoyed by this charade. But the sheer scale of it is utterly grotesque. Just how have we got to a place where a so called civilised and developed state can behave like this for one person? While across the world we have famine, war and financial meltdown. Just forget the notion that egalitarianism and equality is something anyone in this country ever aspired to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited September 2022
    She must be so embalmed, I wouldn't of wished this on my mum, whose corpse looked fairly fucked three days later after the drugs.  Sickness.  Gonna preserve her in a mausoleum like Hồ Chí Minh?  Sick fucks been advised by Parliament that those fucks don't know what they're doing.  When is Putin going to launch his nukes?  Sooner the better. Worst is she wouldn't of wanted any of this.  Short, sharp, done.  Not a whole fucking European tour.  It's fucking sick is what it is.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Piece of the Queen relay race. trans Atlantic, oh look, I've got her arthritic knee.  Light the torch of eternal...retards aren't listening to your bullshit anymore. Retards had enough. 
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8222
    Sambostar said:
    Piece of the Queen relay race. trans Atlantic, oh look, I've got her arthritic knee.  Light the torch of eternal...retards aren't listening to your bullshit anymore. Retards had enough. 
    You make Ian Brown's Twitter feed seem like Gyles Brandreth. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29305
    Dominic said:

She is. Decades of abusing queens consent to hide more and more of it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    It's just been banal anecdote after anecdote, and in some ways, isn't that just what modern britain is all about?  Glorious, simply glorious 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • This thread makes for very strange reading.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1082
    ewal said:
    Promised myself I wouldn't get annoyed by this charade. But the sheer scale of it is utterly grotesque. Just how have we got to a place where a so called civilised and developed state can behave like this for one person? While across the world we have famine, war and financial meltdown. Just forget the notion that egalitarianism and equality is something anyone in this country ever aspired to.
    As soon as she went I thought to myself that this was going to be painful. Painful as in a long drawn out process and disruption.
    I thought didn’t think for one minute it would get as bad as this.
    Literally every small detail analysed to death to ensure we are forced to mourn.
    To me it highlights how easy it is to get people to follow a situation. We had a death of a guy in America and we have BLM protests all over the UK. Then with this charade, people who don’t even bother with the queens speech on Christmas Day start to mourn and are “affected” . I always wondered how Hitler got his following, but it’s fairly easy to get the public to follow a situation. How many people were banging saucepans to support the NHS? 

I do though think this is that painful it’s backfiring. People dare not say anything to start as they would appear to be unsympathetic, it is a death after all. But it has gone on too long and I personally am dreading Monday, another day of forced morning, but the worst one of the lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    Rob1742 said:
    ewal said:
     How many people were banging saucepans to support the NHS? 

A guy round the corner from us was revving a chainsaw in the street when all that was going on to show his support.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    I'm moderately in favour of Royalty etc and respectful of the Funeral and Succession but the whole pantomime and obsessive coverage is starting to become tedious ; I only discovered yesterday that the Lying in State was simply a closed box ;I I had assumed that it was an open coffin .I can't imagine why so many are queuing for so long to file past a closed box with a flag on it.
    The continual press coverage of " here's a lady who swam all the way from from the Isles of Scilly " is dire.
    If I see another headshot of Charles in a black car I'll go mad
    It actually dilutes the significance of the Funeral .
    Having said that I feel the same way about how the newspapers have run with the Harry /Meghan saga on front pages for the last 3 months is also a long running bore.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4423
    edited September 2022
    I am definitely not one of those "phones are awful" people but what I can't get over is all the people that waited for hours to see the procession go by and then chose to experience it through their phone camera, literally getting a lesser view than people sitting at home watching it on the telly. And then what are they going to do with that clip?

"Here look...this is when the coffin came past"
    "Yeah, I know. I saw it on the telly...but without that bloke's head in the way"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom