Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• GillyGilly Frets: 1205
    bertie said:
    Sassafras said:
    Rebar said:
    Can't say I'm surprised. Just shows how much the monarchy think of their loyal subjects.
    yeah Im sure Charles has been planning that personally over the last few days.............................. top of his agenda I suspect,
    Yeah he has far more important things to worry about:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62901408
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Should have used a gel ink.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12669
    Hattigol said:
    VimFuego said:
    is the h*t shitting compulsory? 
    I don't know your personal digestion habits but if you go 31 hours between stool drops, you'll be fine.
    Otherwise, take two hats - one for wearing on your head.
    I've gone 4 days plus while at glastonbury before,  didn't do me any harm, although I've never been checked for colon cancer to be fair.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4420
    Offset said:
    Reverend said:
    I just noticed they reckon the queue could up to 30 hours at its busiest.
    You'd have to be a pretty ardent monarchist to stand in that particular line.
    I know someone who is queueing. He's a twat. To be fair, he was a twat before he joined the queue.

I guess at the end of the day, live and let live. But I do not understand the desire to queue for up to 30 hours, to walk slowly past a coffin.

How do they even know she's in it?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15935
    CHRISB50 said:
    Offset said:
    Reverend said:
    I know someone who is queueing. He's a twat. To be fair, he was a twat before he joined the queue.

I guess at the end of the day, live and let live. But I do not understand the desire to queue for up to 30 hours, to walk slowly past a coffin.

I'm sure the lizard overlords have the right sort of technology to create a convincing dead body!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Hattigol said:
    Kittyfrisk said:
    Let's see.  So far in this short discussion we have had potentially legally questionable libellous statements "Andrew is an unpleasant sweaty nonce, but even sweaty nonces should be allowed to mourn their mothers."

Agreed. People should remember that he completely denies being sweaty at the time. 
    That aside, Andy has at least found a new role for himself:

Corgis.jpg 87.8K
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24782
    edited September 2022
    CHRISB50 said:
    Offset said:
    Reverend said:

Wouldn't that be amazing?!

Thousands of people queuing for days to walk past an empty wooden box!

I so wish that was the case!

Bunch of twohats.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14945
    tFB Trader
    chris78 said:
    Rebar said:
    Shocking news if true.
    That would make it an almost literally a 'good day to bury bad news' scenario.

Imagine how people would react if the Clarence House staff worked for, oh, I don't know, let's see...  P&O?

This is how little people know about the monarchy. This is standard practice and the Queen’s staff will also have lost their jobs, literally at the minute the Queen died. It happened when the Queen’s Dad died
    I believe the same when Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother died in 2002 - The Queen Mother had something like 80 staff - Plenty of stories talking about her debt/overdraft that ran to a few millions when she died and was paid by the Queen 
    CHRISB50 said:
    Offset said:
    Reverend said:

Her strict final instructions may have been to be cremated.  So all people are queueing to see is an urn of ashes placed inside a wooden box.

Wouldn't that be delicious...
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4423
    edited September 2022
    I just did a pickup swap on my Strat and all the while I gave myself a BBC-style royal procession commentary...

"And now....yes... here's comes the soldering iron. Sir Percival, what will he be thinking at this point"

"Well, first and foremost he'll be wanting to make sure he tins the leads properly, and of course doesn't leave the iron in place too long"

"Indeed, indeed....and perhaps time....also to reflect on... the conference call that he's supposed to be dialling into?"

"Very possibly. Of course it's not known yet - and may not be known for some time - whether he'll be finished before she gets home, and of course she'll be very keen to understand why he's prioritised this over taking out the bins ...."

Made it go quite quickly. I shall be seeing what other mundane tasks I can apply it to.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29305
    Offset said:

Her strict final instructions may have been to be cremated.  So all people are queueing to see is an urn of ashes placed inside a wooden box.

Wouldn't that be delicious...
    I think eating the queen's ashes is likely to be (a) a long way from delicious, and (2) probably treason.

Also I seem to recall reading that the box is lead lined - was she radioactive? Like a tiny well-dressed Godzilla?

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Lewy said:
    I just did a pickup swap on my Strat and all the while I gave myself a BBC-style royal procession commentary...

"And now....yes... here's comes the soldering iron. Sir Percival, what will he be thinking at this point"

"Well, first and foremost he'll be wanting to make sure he tins the leads properly, and of course doesn't leave the iron in place too long"

"Indeed, indeed....and perhaps time....also to reflect on... the conference call that he's supposed to be dialling into?"

"Very possibly. Of course it's not known yet - and may not be known for some time - whether he'll be finished before she gets home, and of course she'll be very keen to understand why he's prioritised this over taking out the bins ...."

Made it go quite quickly. I shall be seeing what other mundane tasks I can apply it to.
    A quite brilliant life strategy. We like to do similar with a David Attenborough type commentary

"Here, we see the male in his natural habitat - making a mess in the kitchen to provide food for the female. Note his use of the contents of a bottle of red extends not only to the cooking pot, but also poured liberally into his parched and grateful mouth"

"See how the female exhibits the almost hypnotic compulsion of turning the heating up while the male is distracted by looking at the Fretboard"

Etc etc
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    I bet the box is empty .........it just woudn't be able to do all those tours ,laying in state etc .
    I imagine that her body has been taken for embalming or whatever they do to Royals and is probably switched in once they do the private internment.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Flight delays to avoid being too noisy........

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    They should criminalise farting for the day. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Sporky said:
    I don’t think the oldies in the audience will be able to hold it in that long.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    They should learn to be respectful. Lots of royalists will be feeling a bit punchy. A loud bottom burp is going to end in riots. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    edited September 2022
    You know what the last 5 years or whatever have been mental, and these multiple once in a lifetime events that have been crammed into half a decade are going to be engrained in my mind for particular reasons. 

Brexit - people going on tv the day after the vote saying they voted leave because of bananas and then instantly regretted it when the results were read out like 'WHAT HAVE I DONE?'. 

Covid - loo roll and pasta wars. 

Ukraine/Russia war - £2/L petrol and people fighting on forecourts over £1.99/L petrol. 

The Queens death - Morrisons lowering the beeps of their tills out of 'respect' and the most crazy virtue signalling I've ever seen. 

I want no part of it. I'd rather walk than be involved in petrol wars, use a towel to wipe my arse than go a million miles on £2/l petrol to get one pack of loo roll from a supermarket that has powered beeps out of respect. At least I'll have some sense of dignity. 
    mrkb said:
    Sporky said:
    I don’t think the oldies in the audience will be able to hold it in that long.
    I'm aware of a member of this forum for whom that will prove difficult.  To say the least.
  • I have nothing against people who choose to pay their respects to the Queen at this time, but at the same time I have to admit I just don’t get it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom