Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24782
    Emp_Fab said:
    As much as I'm a fervent believer in free speech, funerals should be sacrosanct unless the deceased was a murderer or child abuser.  Whatever their failings, there are people who loved them and if you find them objectionable, have your say by all means at another time but allow families to say goodbye in peace.  If you can't manage that, you're no better than the person you despise so much.
    I wish I could Wiz you twice Emp
    Does this mean we're engaged now? Xxx
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    edited September 2022
    Emp_Fab said:
    Can you read?
    Yea I can, but it was such a stupid take I had to double check just to give you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for confirming your stupid take was in fact, stupid. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    I think if David Attenborough was dead, then his children would say had he been alive he would be very sad about the death of The Queen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    VimFuego said:
    I certainly hope we continue to disrespect the fat, sweaty nonce for a long time to come (and more TBH), I also think that, whilst in poor taste, the young man who shouted should not face charges. IMO, what he did was a grey area, not everything can be a crime or not a crime, we shouldn't be legislating for basic manners. What he did was rude, but not a crime (though I'm sure the flag shaggers on FB would disagree). I also think those who assaulted him should face charges, though I guess they would claim provocation and get off scott free.
    I'm a great one for sobriety at the right time and I think the man in question needs to question his idea of decorum and appropriate behaviour but it's certainly not criminal nor a Police issue in a modern Democracy .....too reminiscent of China/N Korea etc 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022

edited September 2022
    Emp_Fab said:
    Can you read?
    Yea I can, but it was such a stupid take I had to double check just to give you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for confirming your stupid take was in fact, stupid. 
    So, tell me, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that I was saying that someone who heckles a deceased child abuser at a funeral is as bad as a child abuser? I explicitly said that heckling was wrong UNLESS the deceased was a murderer or child abuser!

edited September 2022
    Emp_Fab said:
    As much as I'm a fervent believer in free speech, funerals should be sacrosanct unless the deceased was a murderer or child abuser.  Whatever their failings, there are people who loved them and if you find them objectionable, have your say by all means at another time but allow families to say goodbye in peace.  If you can't manage that, you're no better than the person you despise so much.
    As per the above:

You said that funerals should be sacrosanct, except if they are a child abuser or murderer. Basically saying that you think that it's fair game if they've done the two crimes you listed.

But you then go on to say that the families should have their time to say their goodbyes. Which contradicts the above. 

Then you say, there are people who loved them, and if you find them objectionable (as in the people who loved them, which is the topic at hand) and you can't give them their chance at saying goodbye in peace you're no better than the people you object to.

So by the wording in this post, if you heckle the abuser in the coffin you are okay, even though you say the people who loved them should be given the chance to say goodbye in peace, but if you heckle the abuser in the procession you are as bad as them. So by that logic, if the person in the procession is an abuser and you heckle them, you're as bad as an abuser. 

The twists and turns there are like... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9672
    chris78 said:
    It seems to be those defending the police for arresting the guy are arguing that he acted in poor taste (to which I agree).

Are they also arguing that poor taste should be a crime?
    It’s well beyond poor taste Chris , it’s the funeral procession for the queen who has sat on the throne for 70 years not some love island contestant.

A huge proportion of the population are grieving or least respectful at the time of her passing and this guy decided to shout shit at the procession which detracts from the solemnity of the occasion. Honestly if I was next to him I would have thumped him and not lost a minutes sleep over it 
    I think you've got to put yourself in the shoes of someone who is a Republican at this point, because it seems to me that you're putting yourself in the shoes of someone who supports the monarchy.

If you're a Republican, the Queen or other member of the Royal Family isn't some sort of deity appointed by God to rule. If you're a Republican, there are a lot of reasons you could actually find her and her family extremely distasteful. I think everyone in this country should read the book "And What Do You Do" by Liberal Democrat Norman Baker to actually understand the Royal Family and its role. 

Now the question I would ask all those saying it's wrong to be disrespectful because its the Queen, would you have the same view if someone was protesting at Gerry Adams' funeral? How about when Putin dies? Should people have been respectful when Idi Amin (who I think was buried in a pauper's grave from memory) died? 

Before anyone accuses me of equating the Queen to Idi Amin, clearly I'm not, but the point I'm making is that you can't say it's not OK just because its Royalty. Over a Quarter of the population, a significant minority, want to abolish the Royal Family. In itself, thats a remarkable figure given the way the press cover the Royals, but regardless, it's a view that should command respect, if not agreement, and the right to protest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8222
    edited September 2022
    Kittyfrisk said:
    Let's see.  So far in this short discussion we have had potentially legally questionable libellous statements "Andrew is an unpleasant sweaty nonce, but even sweaty nonces should be allowed to mourn their mothers."

Agreed. People should remember that he completely denies being sweaty at the time. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29306
    It's a wonder he survived the heatwave. Perhaps he does superheated wee, and sheds excess heat that way? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    No no no no no....  We are talking at cross purposes.  I didn't mean anyone directly heckling the mourners.  I meant heckling the deceased IF the deceased was a murderer or a child abuser.  i.e. it's ok to heckle the dead killer or nonce, but not ok if the deceased is someone who isn't a murderer or nonce.  Respecting families rights to say goodbye in peace is a privilege of mourners of non-killers or nonces.  If you are a family member of a convicted murderer or child abuser then.....  sorry, you have to realise that people will be angry at what your relative has done and if you turn up to say fond farewells and get offended by people protesting....  tough.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    At this point, I'm just glad that the Queen wasn't a murderer or a nonce otherwise this could get very complicated indeed.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12477
    Would I have shouted something, no. However he had every right to do it, and to those that think it wasn't the right time, well there never is a right time, especially when the sex fiend in question has spent the last few months hiding, and will now go back into hiding again, unless there is a 2 for 1 at Pizza Express of course.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    No no no no no....  We are talking at cross purposes.  I didn't mean anyone directly heckling the mourners.  I meant heckling the deceased IF the deceased was a murderer or a child abuser.  i.e. it's ok to heckle the dead killer or nonce, but not ok if the deceased is someone who isn't a murderer or nonce.  Respecting families rights to say goodbye in peace is a privilege of mourners of non-killers or nonces.  If you are a family member of a convicted murderer or child abuser then.....  sorry, you have to realise that people will be angry at what your relative has done and if you turn up to say fond farewells and get offended by people protesting....  tough.

Well okay. But it did read as the above, but no worries.

I only asked a question to give you a chance to explain because I wasn't sure if you meant it how it came across. No need for the 'can you read' stuff because that will turn a simple question into an argument. And I'm a medical professional and a university lecturer. Yes mate, I can read. ;) 

A medical professional ?

Can I PM you a photo of something I'm concerned about?

=)

Xx 

• ewalewal Frets: 2678
    Emp_Fab said:
    How utterly ridiculous to suggest this is just a family funeral where we must let the family say goodbye in peace. That's a bit like likening the way a national economy works with a family budget. If you want to say goodbye in peace, don't parade up the centre of the main street in a capital city. This wasn't a funeral, it was a ceremonial procession as set out in Operation Unicorn. They will get their private ceremony in due course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    A medical professional ?

=)

Xx 
    Please do! 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    A medical professional ?

=)

Xx 
    Please do! 
    Be careful, its probably a car.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PM recieved @Emp_Fab ;

Probably best to leave it by the side of the road, but make sure you take the keys with you. :lol: 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom