Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3982
    Offset said:
    Deadman said:
    I get it, but even if Jimi Hendrix came back to life I still wouldn’t want to go through the turmoil of being in such close proximity to the general public for such a long period of time.
    I would!!!
    Ok, maybe that was pushing it a bit  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I wonder how the funeral would have proceeded under strict lockdown regulations. Would all the mourners have been arrested for breaking the maximum of 6 people gathering rule?
    Or would it would it have been classified as a Boris Johnson birthday party type exemption?
  • Sassafras said:
    I wonder how the funeral would have proceeded under strict lockdown regulations. Would all the mourners have been arrested for breaking the maximum of 6 people gathering rule?
    Or would it would it have been classified as a Boris Johnson birthday party type exemption?
    Bearing in mind the lengths the queen went to to work within covid restrictions during her husbands funeral then I assume they would have made it a private one to avoid the risk of mass law breaking
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1084
    The Americans have got all this to come when Tom Cruise dies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    Deadman said:
     I’m not into this mass hysteria stuff and am grateful for Monday off so I can put my feet up with a bottle of red and loads of nibbles and catch some of the proceedings. 

Ooh that sounds fab. I wasn't gonna bother but you've convinced me now.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited September 2022
    tis Mrs Berts b/day on Monday..............................  Ive told her,  no cards, presents and 12 hour silence in respect,  save me Win and Wilf singing her a relevant Beatles song for her.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29308
    Bearing in mind the lengths the queen went to to work within covid restrictions during her husbands funeral then I assume they would have made it a private one to avoid the risk of mass law breaking
    I have no issue agreeing that she was jolly dignified about that.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2454
    Deadman said:
    BBC reporting one woman who’s queued up 7 times to see the coffin over and over. No wonder there’s a queue then! Pictures of parents with knackered looking kids who’ve been out all night too. I’m not into this mass hysteria stuff and am grateful for Monday off so I can put my feet up with a bottle of red and loads of nibbles and catch some of the proceedings. 

I get it, but even if Jimi Hendrix came back to life I still wouldn’t want to go through the turmoil of being in such close proximity to the general public for such a long period of time.
    Agreed. As Seneca once said: "You ask me to say what you should consider it particularly important to avoid. My answer is this: a mass crowd ... I never come back with quite the same moral character I went out with ..."

Seeing that clip of the heckler (and all involved) is a good example as to why it's worth keeping a safe distance from the mob. Wherever you go there'll always be one. Even at the Queen's funeral procession.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19635
    bertie said:
    tis Mrs Berts b/day on Monday..............................  Ive told her,  no cards, presents and 12 hour silence in respect,  save me Win and Wilf singing her a relevant Beatles song for her.
    "Why don't we do it in the road' ?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    bertie said:
    that was last years
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Devil#20 said:
    What did the bloke shout at Andrew? I thought treason was abolished under Tony Blair. 

Treason wasn't abolished, just that the sentence of hanging for it (and violent piracy) was abolished in 1998. I believe it was something put forward by the former MP of where I grew up in fact, by that point he was a life peer in the Lords though.

I think, if I recall correctly, the European Convention of Human Rights stopped the restoration of the death penalty in any of its members, in early 2000s, 2003 or 2004 I think?
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • rsvmark said:
    The times reports the most recent YouGov poll today.

Support for the monarchy as an institution is 62% in favour and 21 against. Largely unchanged from previous polls
    73% think Charles has responded well, and 5% don’t.
    63% think Charles III will make a good king and 15% don’t. Roughly doubling previous polls.

it seems rather more clear cut than Brexit then.

Doubling what?  Oh, it means these are the second poles?
  • bertie said:
    bertie said:
    that was last years

When I'm 64?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Keiko said:
    The Americans have got all this to come when Tom Cruise dies.
    Let's hope they don't run out of match boxes
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6211
    Sporky said:
    JezWynd said:
    Sporky said:
    Bike racks in Norwich closed as a mark of respect. 
    Calm down dear. The space was needed as a repository for floral tributes.
    Calm down poppet. No need to get all hysterical about a simple report of the news.  
     It's getting serious...

• SporkySporky Frets: 29308
    At least they haven't closed the news stand thingy! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12696
    JezWynd said:
     It's getting serious... 

Blas' me.  That in't gorn ter gew down well...

Mind you - NFN.
  • westwest Frets: 1008
    bertie said:

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19635
    Everyone has lost their minds & what little reason they had.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-62889396

The way things are progressing, we really are approaching the era of arrest for thought crime.
  • Everyone has lost their minds & what little reason they had.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-62889396

The way things are progressing, we really are approaching the era of arrest for thought crime.
    I’ll repeat my earlier comment - you’ve got to be a special sort of c*@# to heckle someone walking behind his mums coffin - I can’t believe you can’t see that ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom