Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I'm totally bereft.
    I've got nothing left to live for.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    People being arrested and charged for simply holding up a placard... scary stuff
    it's treason and they're lucky they weren't hanged 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    ... catching bits on the radio, expect transport in and out of London to be a complete mare over the long weekend. More people in London a week today than at any other point in history. So, good luck with all that. 
    One of the best bike rides I ever had was during Dianas funeral, the roads were totally empty and I did a 40 mile loop through Lancashire villages without seeing any cars go past, was a bit like a scene from "I am Legend" without the zombies hiding in the dark.... or were they?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ... catching bits on the radio, expect transport in and out of London to be a complete mare over the long weekend. More people in London a week today than at any other point in history. So, good luck with all that. 
    It’ll be like that time I was in Brum one evening and Michael Buble was on at the NIA.
    Never seen so many blue rinses.
    I listened to a radio interview with him once. He's a big ice hockey fan and said he has an ice rink in his basement. How big is his house? Whenever Buble is mentioned I just think about how big his house must be. 

Anyway, I've probably got to drive my son to Gatwick on Sunday. Feckin feckin hell. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29306
    People being arrested and charged for simply holding up a placard... scary stuff
    Dissent is not well tolerated. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Dissent is not well tolerated. 
    Don’t get me wrong , shouting stuff at Prince Andrew as he walks past shouldn’t be an offence worthy of arrest but you need to be a special sort of c@*& to do that during a funeral procession . Hope he got a few kicks from the public as the police dragged him out .  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12477
    Oh good lord, now they're trotting out the cap doffing Baldrick's that have camped out all night for the privilege if standing in a 14 HR queue today. "So what does this day mean for you?" 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32130
    Oh good lord, now they're trotting out the cap doffing Baldrick's that have camped out all night for the privilege if standing in a 14 HR queue today. "So what does this day mean for you?" 
    They never ask those Union Jack-draped old nutjobs the question we all want the answer to when they've camped out all night to catch a glimpse of the arse end of a Daimler, ie, "Where have you been pissing?"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I'm totally bereft.

If you PM me your address I'll send you a chorus pedal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    HerrMetal said:
    Sassafras said:
    I'm totally bereft.

If you PM me your address I'll send you a chorus pedal.
    That'd be the final nail in my coffin.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    I’ve just seen a photo of the crowd while the procession went past, the holding aloft of hundreds of phones to take your video all at the same time does look a lot like scenes from Germany in the 1930s from some angles!.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12693
    mrkb said:
    I’ve just seen a photo of the crowd while the procession went past, the holding aloft of hundreds of phones to take your video all at the same time does look a lot like scenes from Germany in the 1930s from some angles!.
    Well if it had been the funeral procession of Edward 8th, it would have been entirely appropriate...
  • I absolutely agree.  You can't choose to whom you're born or your background, but you can make the best of it.  I think she did better than most.  Don't shoot the messenger. 
    Especially from $th November it's cannibal season and all bets are off 
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2003
    Hasn't Charlie boy heard of Skype. He looked bad on his plates hobbling down the royal mile. At this rate we'll have to go through all of this rigmarole again in a couple of weeks. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9672
    tony99 said:
    Totally agree because we’re a free society which holds the right to peaceful protest to be essential to a functioning democracy 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    chris78 said:
    tony99 said:
    Totally agree because we’re a free society which holds the right to peaceful protest to be essential to a functioning democracy 
       wasnt it the words on the placards more than the action of protest ?   ( TBH I havent read too much on it)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9672
    edited September 2022
    bertie said:
    chris78 said:
    tony99 said:
       wasnt it the words on the placards more than the action of protest ?   ( TBH I havent read too much on it)
    Depends.
    Numerous arrests have been made, some for holding up paper saying “not my king” another saying “fuck imperialism, abolish monarchy” through to a guy shouting that Andrew was a “nonce.”

Now, dissenting against the monarchy peacefully surely has to be ok, even if the timing might be distasteful to some? Using a swearword I can’t imagine causing arrest under another scenario. The guy shouting offence at Andrew probably isn’t pleasant, but would have been detained for shouting “murder” at the funeral of a Sinn Feiner? Doubt it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3232
    Anybody any ideas why it still hasn't been announced what she died of? She's in a coffin and on her travels so I'm pretty certain they are 100% certain of the cause. I'm also surprised that nobody in the media seems to be asking the question, when it's surely the number one question that anybody asks after someone dies.

Maybe it will become a major discussion point but at the moment we're just getting used to the fact that 'she's gone' and Charles being the new king, and I suppose from now until the end of the week thoughts will for the funeral arrangements? Perhaps next week will be the time to talk about how she died (because there's enough going on already).

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2003
    What did the bloke shout at Andrew? I thought treason was abolished under Tony Blair. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    Good point .........I thought it was Osteosarcoma ( heresay on internet )
    But does it really matter ......she was 96.I'm certain she wasn't murdered .
    Truth be told she had been aware that she was terminally ill ( who isn't at 96 )
    I think what is certain is that she knew she was in her last months and it coincided with the usual Balmoral retreat only she knew she wasn't leaving and that it would be a quieter and less conspicuous place to die .I think it was the scene of long family holidays with Phillip and kids and held the most significant memories .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom