Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• Love the class wars but stab each other in the back, love the culture.  Gonna be eaten up by Indians and gated community folk, they love class even more than we do and don't mess around because they have even more money.  When we all going out mass signboarding with our tackle out then?  Naked signboarding is the only way to liberation.  It's safe now, the UV levels are low
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29306
    Morning all.

Just to say that I have removed the last bit of my earlier post to (I hope) prevent further offence. The wording was inappropriate, and the timing poor, and I apologise for the upset caused. I would hope we can all move on. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Morning all.

Just to say that I have removed the last bit of my earlier post to (I hope) prevent further offence. The wording was inappropriate, and the timing poor, and I apologise for the upset caused. I would hope we can all move on. 
    Classy move Sporky old chap , nice one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    Sporky said:
    Morning all.

Well played but personally I still think your chances of an OBE are fucked
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    'I'm not privileged, honestly'

Okay now I'm going to bed lol 

Oh come on Tele........it's all theatre and his grimace was only what a theatre director might do during a performance when he can't interrupt the dialogue to say " For Heaven's sake move this it's in the way "
    No Peasants were injured during the making of this film.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My personal view on the institution of monarchy is that it is outdated and unnecessary in our modern world.
    I don’t blame the individuals in the Royal Family for this, and I respect both their sense of sombre duty to their role, as well as the fact they didn’t choose their predicament.
    I respect Harry for calling it out and choosing to step away from it (as much as he can) as much as I respect William for choosing to stick with what he feels duty bound to honour. Damned if you do/ damned if you don’t.
     I imagine both Princes are nice enough chaps with progressive, modern outlooks. There are more deserving targets for my vitriol.

Privileged? For sure, but, to quote John Lydon, they’re born into a gilded cage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sambostar said:
    Love the class wars but stab each other in the back, love the culture.  Gonna be eaten up by Indians and gated community folk, 
    Rishi's Dishes ?
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2003
    Dominic said:
    'I'm not privileged, honestly'

Okay now I'm going to bed lol 

Oh come on Tele........it's all theatre and his grimace was only what a theatre director might do during a performance when he can't interrupt the dialogue to say " For Heaven's sake move this it's in the way "
    No Peasants were injured during the making of this film.
    Well he came into work on the Queens flight a couple of years ago for a tour round the factory with a few of our directors. I knew he was on site that day but when I was making my way from aero to flight sim departments his cavalcade pulled up and he got out. He was being a completely abnoxious twat to 2 or 3 drivers/aides or whoever they were. If I was the pen guy I'd have said "Either ask me properly or fuck off and do it yourself. I don't like you anyway and I'd sooner it had been Prince William". 

It's known that he didn't really get on with queenie until later years due to necessity. She said he was difficult. You can see that above. He likes to turn on the charm with his teary eye'd speech the other day but deep down he's a twat and got eyes like a shithouse rat. You can never trust anyone who's eyes are that close together. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I'm worried about how many foreign tourist will cancel their holidays now Britain's got nothing to offer.
    No-one's coming to see Charles.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    Imagine having a king that used to write to Jimmy Savile for advice. Oh wait...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8222
    "Prince Andrew to care for Queen's beloved corgi's"
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62870783

How to Discipline a Corgi Puppy a Guide  EtcPets
    Anyone else think he answered too soon with a yes when he heard the words "Andrew, any chance you could look after a 15 year old...........?"
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12693
    Sporky said:
    Morning all.

Kudos to you @Sporky .
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12693
    I'm mildly intrigued as to how the SNP will view the Queen's death.  Will they think it's benefited their cause, or been detrimental to it?

Or won't they give a toss either way?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited September 2022
    lets use Sporks offer to buy us all a pint by way of recompense for earlier "side-step of judgement" ,  as a start for something new and refreshing (no pun intended) 

Sporks is dead,  long live Sporks 

hip hip...................................................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    DefaultM said:
    Imagine having a king that used to write to Jimmy Savile for advice. Oh wait...
    I forgot about that. 
  • Offset said:
    I'm mildly intrigued as to how the SNP will view the Queen's death.  Will they think it's benefited their cause, or been detrimental to it?

Or won't they give a toss either way?
    The SNP have been voted in by a significant portion of the Scottish electorate, so I would say it's the views of the electorate is what will be important. With the passing of the Queen, how will the Monarchy led by Charles now be perceived? To be honest, now it's not led by a polite, old woman, I think there will be less sympathy and support towards the Windsors from now on. 

Judging by Charles' actions already, I'd suggest that deep divisions will remain and the monarchy's popularity will wane over the coming years. Announcing a new Prince of Wales, the day after the death of the Queen (and it was not following any regular protocol), was a deeply controversial and divisive act, done swiftly to prevent any chance of debate on the need or continuation of the title, or without any thought to the opinion of those in Wales (many will support it, but many are totally opposed to it), and done so in the time of mourning so as to prevent any objections as being 'not the right time'. To be honest, he's totally inflamed things in Wales already, and has caused outrage which will only grow anti-monarchical opinions; way to go Charlie. There will be protests if there is an investiture, as were in 1969. 
    In fairness look how many parents sent their kids to that creep innocently thinking that he was just going to give them a  Jim'll fix it experience
    He was a ghastly sub-human ..........and that's without the shell suit
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29306
    bertie said:
    lets use Sporks offer to buy us all a pint
    I am not buying you a pint of gin again. You may not remember, but the rest of us do. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    that wasnt the cactus and Veet  episode was it ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.