Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7382
    edited September 2022
    I think there are two arguments here and they to are similar yet need to be looked at very differently .

i don’t like inequality in society, I hate the fact that the truly wealthy in this country often contribute the least and have the power/wealth/connections  to ensure that this inequality continues through the generations.

i think the royal family are a different kettle of fish though . I’d certainly slim them down in respect of the civil list but I honestly don’t see the senior roles as privileged in many respects .

I would hate the life of William / Charles / The Queen / Princess Anne etc.  You are constantly under a microscope , work your balls off as a public servant yet the slightest mis-step is all over the news - I don’t call that life a privilege , it’s a bloody tough job
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    edited September 2022
    I think there are two arguments here and they to are similar yet need to be looked at very differently .

i don’t like inequality in society, I hate the fact that the truly wealthy in this country often contribute the least and have the power/wealth/connections  to ensure that this inequality continues through the generations.

i think the royal family are a different kettle of fish though . I’d certainly slim them down in respect of the civil list but I honestly don’t see the senior roles as privileged in many respects .

I would hate the life of William / Charles / The Queen / Princess Anne etc.  You are constantly under a microscope , work your balls off as a public servant yet the slightest mis-step is all over the news - I don’t call that life a privilege , it’s a bloody tough job
    Yea being driven around all day, going all over the world, the best food, hotels, treatment sounds bloody awful. I know there is a microscopic element to their life but not privileged, huh? They literally eat off of golden plates and have butlers and servants 24 hours a day. 

If anything, the media keeps stuff out of the news. The media is very much on the side of the royal family and the Prince Andrew stuff was kept hush hush for decades. There has been a lot of recent stuff all over Twitter that wasn't even mentioned in the news. Not even to mention that it was the number one world wide trending topic on twitter. 

You are obviously a fan, and you are giving them a pass for many things, and that's your perogative, but don't dress it up as something it's not. Not a life of privilege? Come on mate...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think there are two arguments here and they to are similar yet need to be looked at very differently .

Yea being driven around all day, going all over the world, the best food, hotels, treatment sounds bloody awful. I know there is a microscopic element to their life but not privileged, what? :lol: 

If anything, the media keeps stuff out of the news. The media is very much on the side of the royal family and the Prince Andrew stuff was kept hush hush for decades. There has been a lot of recent stuff all over Twitter that wasn't even mentioned in the news. Not even that it was the number one world wide trending topic on twitter. 

You are obviously a fan, and you are obviously giving them a pass for many things, but don't dress it up as something it's not. Not privileged? Come on mate. 
    Speaking honestly here , I really don’t see the life of a senior royal as a privilege . Take a look at the diary of Princess Anne and tell me you could do that.

You think that just because you go to your constant stream of appointments / commitments in a chauffeur driven car makes it a privilege ? Come on mate !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think there are two arguments here and they to are similar yet need to be looked at very differently .

Yea being driven around all day, going all over the world, the best food, hotels, treatment sounds bloody awful. I know there is a microscopic element to their life but not privileged, what? :lol: 

If anything, the media keeps stuff out of the news. The media is very much on the side of the royal family and the Prince Andrew stuff was kept hush hush for decades. There has been a lot of recent stuff all over Twitter that wasn't even mentioned in the news. Not even that it was the number one world wide trending topic on twitter. 

You are obviously a fan, and you are obviously giving them a pass for many things, but don't dress it up as something it's not. Not privileged? Come on mate. 

Seeing how we're getting an extra bank holiday on the 19th for the funeral, here's a radical idea, why don't we keep the royal family around long enough so that every Monday in the year becomes a bank holiday, then we talk about getting rid of the royals, after we have 3 day weekends all year round, not before?

I'm just being practical here, if every Monday becomes a bank holiday, nobody will have an issue remembering when bank holidays are.  Three day weekends, and no need to remember which Mondays of the year are bank holidays, that's a win win in my book.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Someone is actually trying to argue that the royal family is not privileged. That's enough Internet for me tonight. I'm done for the night. Good night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Someone is actually trying to argue that the royal family is not privileged. That's enough Internet for me tonight. I'm done for the night. Good night.
    Night night geezer - see you in the morning :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Someone is actually trying to argue that the royal family is not privileged. That's enough Internet for me tonight. I'm done for the night. Good night.
    Night night geezer - see you in the morning :-)
    Nn :kissing_wink: 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19632
    "Prince Andrew to care for Queen's beloved corgi's"
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62870783

How to Discipline a Corgi Puppy a Guide  EtcPets
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• i don’t like inequality in society, I hate the fact that the truly wealthy in this country often contribute the least and have the power/wealth/connections  to ensure that this inequality continues through the generations.

It's come full circle, not that we ever got a share, but hate to say it but rich East and West Asians are buying up the land and they have their own agenda, I'm not talking about a few mil housing developments, they are buying al they can and they're worth £4 billion plus with their dad's worth ten times that, now we're the Lithium miners.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • What was life like in a World War One trench - BBC Bitesize
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    They certainly enjoy privileges but they do have to work very hard for them and keep a daily facade running.They have to live a life in a test tube under a 5000 watt lamp in front of 20 reporters, 5 official photographers and 100 opportunist Paps.
    I'm not sure that they wouldn't swap their lives for something more 'normal ' ......
    If I was a Royal I wouldn't want to be a British Royal that's for sure........ but,.there is a certain type of Royalty that is quite the opposite ; The life of a minor Saudi / Kuwaiti or Emirati or Brunei Prince is very different .They are accountable to nobody and spend a large part of their lives speccing up the latest Ferrari/Lambo or Riva Superyacht ......going to the best hotels,nightclubs and restaurants .......lavishing Rolex watches on beautiful young Courtesans in return for discretion .
     Going to open a Train Station in Wrexham , a boring Conference speech somewhere in the Midlands ,a quick trip to a local Drama School for underprivileged kids and then down to London for a Dinner at The Barber Surgeons or Guildhall celebrating a Scholarship budget for Diabetes Research before being hustled back into a car with your security team up your arse isn't quite the same even if the car is Chauffered ( just like most Union bosses ).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WW1 PoetryDead Mans Dump by Isaac Rosenberg  Verdun Feb 21-Dec 18  1916 - YouTube
  • Life's over rated anyway.  Big fat bloated pig carcassed meat puppets blocking up the rivers,  God save the Queen.

• Backdoor Children Of The Sock

Yea being driven around all day, going all over the world, the best food, hotels, treatment sounds bloody awful. I know there is a microscopic element to their life but not privileged, huh? They literally eat off of golden plates and have butlers and servants 24 hours a day. 

If anything, the media keeps stuff out of the news. The media is very much on the side of the royal family and the Prince Andrew stuff was kept hush hush for decades. There has been a lot of recent stuff all over Twitter that wasn't even mentioned in the news. Not even to mention that it was the number one world wide trending topic on twitter. 

You are obviously a fan, and you are giving them a pass for many things, and that's your perogative, but don't dress it up as something it's not. Not a life of privilege? Come on mate...

I would agree, they live a life of privilege, but I would still rather live my life ( which is also very privileged,  but normal by western)

I suspect 80% of their lives in royal service are utterly tedious. 
    edited September 2022
    'I'm not privileged, honestly'

Okay now I'm going to bed lol 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    I think my fave piece of news has been that Dame Vera Lynn's daughter says, that if wasn't for the fact she's dead Dame Vera Lynn would have been very upset about The Queen's death. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What are the hours?  Go get yourself a suit, you're all tailored. Very kind, thankyou very much Harry  Who paid for that.  Be coming here soon. Our Queen worked hard, I don't respect where she came from but I respect who she was, the whole institution needs to close and be taken over by (Foreign) (Gated community) Asians who have no respect for our culture  though, that's the way of the money.  Queen was gate community too.  Did she have respect for our culture.  I know she didn't die until now.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    edited September 2022
    Sambostar said:
    What are the hours?  Go get yourself a suit, you're all tailored. Very kind, thankyou very much Harry  Who paid for that.  Be coming here soon. Our Queen worked hard, I don't respect where she came from but I respect who she was, the whole institution needs to close and be taken over by (Foreign) (Gated community) Asians who have no respect for our culture  though, that's the way of the money.  Queen was gate community too.  Did she have respect for our culture.  I know she didn't die until now.

Poetry.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom