Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12550
    edited September 2022
    What’s with all the BBC coverage? From a couple of quick peeks, there’s nothing new that hasn’t been already said on the day Queenie died, so why all the constant rehashing and pointless interviews of the “are you sad the queen has died?” ilk. What do they honestly expect the answer to be? “Nah I’m really made up the old bitch has gone at last, plus I’ve won a few quid down the bookies cos I bet she wouldn’t make a 100 ”. 

A couple of days of reflection after her death and then coverage of the funeral would have been fine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    edited September 2022
    There are some bright spots in the whole saga.  Witchell's toadying is now absent from the BBC's coverage, but I suspect he's been given some time to get his breath back after a marathon of arse-licking so he can resume his role as the Beeb's Groveller Pursuivant in time for Monday's proceedings.

The other strand of comfort I draw is that I'm not standing for many hours in a miles-long queue to catch a glimpse of a wooden box for a couple of minutes.  Crazy, but it was inevitable that people would do this.

Roll on Tuesday 20th.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    Lewy said:
    I am definitely not one of those "phones are awful" people but what I can't get over is all the people that waited for hours to see the procession go by and then chose to experience it through their phone camera, literally getting a lesser view than people sitting at home watching it on the telly. And then what are they going to do with that clip?

"Here look...this is when the coffin came past"
    "Yeah, I know. I saw it on the telly...but without that bloke's head in the way"

The aerial shots look like the crowd are giving nazi salutes.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Brize said:
    Lewy said:
    I am definitely not one of those "phones are awful" people but what I can't get over is all the people that waited for hours to see the procession go by and then chose to experience it through their phone camera, literally getting a lesser view than people sitting at home watching it on the telly. And then what are they going to do with that clip?

"Yeah, I know. I saw it on the telly...but without that bloke's head in the way"

A mark of respect for their Germanic bloodline?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4423
    Brize said:
    Lewy said:

Didn't know Princess Michael was in the procession.....
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19630
    edited September 2022
    Interesting section on the Radio 4 'PM' programme yesterday.
    Some random members of the public in York were asked about their feelings about the whole thing.
    It was surprisingly frank & not at all what I thought the BBC royal/political gatekeepers would have allowed.
    Almost unanimous that the coverage had been overdone...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001bz50  article starts at 43m 39 secs.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    Offset said:
    There are some bright spots in the whole saga.  Witchell's toadying is now absent from the BBC's coverage, but I suspect he's been given some time to get his breath back after a marathon of arse-licking so he can resume his role as the Beeb's Groveller Pursuivant in time for Monday's proceedings.

The other strand of comfort I draw is that I'm not standing for many hours in a miles-long queue to catch a glimpse of a wooden box for a couple of minutes.  Crazy, but it was inevitable that people would do this.

Roll on Tuesday 20th.
    I'd like to see a Witchell v Brandreth death match type scenario: clear a space on the mall and they can use only royal paraphernalia as weaponry - orbs and sceptres, ornamental maces and the like. All while a winged Brian Blessed looks on laughing as he controls large spikes that protrude through the gravel intermittently.

Maybe King Chaz will decree it; fingers crossed.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just don't think all this sycophantic idolatry is what she would have wanted.  A big day of a funeral yes, then bang, straight to the crematorium, on to the next, that's more her style as I am lead to believe.  I still believe she lost the will to live when she met Truss.  Truss, who thinks we're all work shy and lazy, who now cannot even be arsed to pretend that she has a plan to save small businesses, galavanting about on her high horse, whilst we debate morality and treason, whilst looking at being turfed out on the street.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Sambostar said:
    I still believe she lost the will to live when she met Truss. 
    I'm sure she thought "Christ Almighty - is this the best they can offer up as PM?"

I suspect it's far more likely that she was determined to hang on so she could gleefully accept Johnson's resignation, the lying toad.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1600
    Homes Under the Hammer back on bbc1 this lunchtime, so the hysteria may be abating a little.

Good quote from a woman who had been through Westminster hall this morning: "I would have preferred to have seen her alive"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    horse said:
    Good quote from a woman who had been through Westminster hall this morning: "I would have preferred to have seen her alive"
    I heard a fellow say: "Yeah the kids are going to miss school but when else in their lifetime will they be able to pay respects like this?"

I thought to myself: "Well what about this weekend when they aren't in school"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1684
    The idea that the Queen wouldn’t have wanted it is a bit preposterous. She will have been actively involved in all of the planning. If this isn’t what she wanted it wouldn’t be happening. 

She wasn’t a “normal person” and she sacrificed nothing. She could have walked away a slightly less rich person but remained in that position of power until the end 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11477
    They're queuing past my office just south of Tower Bridge.

It's like some sort of zombie apocalypse film. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    tony99 said:
    Rob1742 said:
    ewal said:
    Promised myself I wouldn't get annoyed by this charade. But the sheer scale of it is utterly grotesque. Just how have we got to a place where a so called civilised and developed state can behave like this for one person? While across the world we have famine, war and financial meltdown. Just forget the notion that egalitarianism and equality is something anyone in this country ever aspired to.
     How many people were banging saucepans to support the NHS? 

A guy round the corner from us was revving a chainsaw in the street when all that was going on to show his support.
    If he wore a leather mask and spoke in a Texan drawl I'd probably keep well away from him if I was you !
    Dominic said:
    tony99 said:
    Rob1742 said:
    ewal said:
    Promised myself I wouldn't get annoyed by this charade. But the sheer scale of it is utterly grotesque. Just how have we got to a place where a so called civilised and developed state can behave like this for one person? While across the world we have famine, war and financial meltdown. Just forget the notion that egalitarianism and equality is something anyone in this country ever aspired to.
     How many people were banging saucepans to support the NHS? 

A guy round the corner from us was revving a chainsaw in the street when all that was going on to show his support.
    If he wore a leather mask and spoke in a Texan drawl I'd probably keep well away from him if I was you !
    If he spoke in a Texan drawl you'd probably be fine. In the film, Leatherface was mute... ;)
  • Maybe he was just camera shy?
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    He actually had a west yorkshire accent so James Earl Jones provided the muffled laments.
  • tony99 said:
    Offset said:

Roll on Tuesday 20th.
    I'd like to see a Witchell v Brandreth death match type scenario: clear a space on the mall and they can use only royal paraphernalia as weaponry - orbs and sceptres, ornamental maces and the like. All while a winged Brian Blessed looks on laughing as he controls large spikes that protrude through the gravel intermittently.

Maybe King Chaz will decree it; fingers crossed.

You should sent that to "Jim", the artist formerly known as "Jim'll Paint It"
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gandalph said:
    Tsk tsk, such jealousy is unbecoming of a subject toward his liege Lord.
    Bloody revolting peasants eh...   :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom