Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

httpsmediaautoexpresscoukimageprivates--X-WVjvBW--f_autot_content-image-full-desktop1v1563183333autoexpress2016041975_-_austin_allegrojpg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5789
    munckee said:
    Thread should have been closed at this point.  This would be my lottery win car.

I've never really liked American cars, or bikes.

There are few American cars that I like.  The original 1965 Mustang was by far the prettiest, though.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    1966 Ford GT40 Gold RM Sothebys Auction  Hypebeast
    1969 Ford GT40 Mk 1
    1966 Ford GT40 P1061 - IMBOLDN

OK.  You are all wrong as it's this, in any variant.    Beautiful, practical, road car, race car, not built by Italians.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha! Actually I do quite like those ^
    Another I have quite a soft spot for:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• This was a staple on many teenager bedroom walls in the 80s/90s

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    ^ There's a great youtube vid of the F40 and F50 being compared around a circuit RiftAmps said:
    Nope, sorry, you're all wrong.

The Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale is the most beautiful car ever made. Franco Scaglione's masterpiece. Only 18 made, the first two of which were prototypes (identifiable by their quad headlights over the singles of the later models).

They rarely ever come up for sale, or even shown at events, this was the most recent one - https://kidston.com/motorcars/1120-1968-Alfa-Romeo-Tipo-33-Stradale

Current estimates are around $10million.

Next year I'm making the pilgrimage to Milan to see one in the flesh.

That photo is taken at Villa D'Este in Cernobbio on Lake Como .....I was there on the day ( I was a guest of a Car Club member ......it's a bi-annual convention ) and saw it driven .....it's incredibly noisy .......it's also on a Youtube video with a little plump Italian chap driving it 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12596
    Switch625 said:

This was a staple on many teenager bedroom walls in the 80s/90s

I worked a with bloke in the early 90s who had one. I asked what it was like, his response was “like really expensive dog shit.”  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12596
    rlw said:
    1966 Ford GT40 Gold RM Sothebys Auction  Hypebeast
    1969 Ford GT40 Mk 1
    1966 Ford GT40 P1061 - IMBOLDN

OK.  You are all wrong as it's this, in any variant.    Beautiful, practical, road car, race car, not built by Italians.

My idea of practical is can take 4 people plus luggage, kayaks and paddle boards : )
    The Countach is another I just cannot see the appeal of. It’s hideous!

I can see why it appeals to small boys, though, it looks like it was designed by one!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    edited December 2022
    munckee said:
    Switch625 said:

This was a staple on many teenager bedroom walls in the 80s/90s

I worked a with bloke in the early 90s who had one. I asked what it was like, his response was “like really expensive dog shit.”  

I was about to ask, how many people here would want to own what they consider to be the best looking car.  I'm not a car person, I haven't owned one in over a year, and don't miss having a car.  But having seen, and in a few cases driven some of the cars mentioned in this thread, my own post included - saw one at a classic car show, I'd happily have one if I was given one, but then I'd turn around and sell it, and if I had the money I wouldn't buy one.  And with very few exceptions, exceptions that would be considered sacrilege, the ones that I have driven, have all been extremely terrible to say the least to drive, never mind the hassle of looking after them - assuming that your going to drive it more than a few miles a year.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    The Countach got uglier and uglier as time went on and they stuck more crap onto the outside.

Sleek original:

Awful 25th Anniversary:

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • if you fancy something a bit different from a DB 6

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2403

I love the E-type but I do find the wheels look too in-set and narrow for the gorgeous body.

Eagle's the Spyder GT, carries on the tradition of jaw-dropping by using restored original body work traditional beauty but   modding the wheels, brakes performance etc for today's needs.    

That paragon of virtue, Jeremy Clarkson, called it the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. 

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive wheel system Headlamp Fender

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system Alloy wheel Land vehicle Rim

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 642
    I'm not sure anyone would call them beautiful, but I really like old Land Rovers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Perhaps the Countach isn't that bad after all?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12516
    BillDL said:
    1973 Corvette Stingray C3 in yellow or mustard gold, no other colour is acceptable, although I might take a red one if offered.

Yup, that's one of my faves too.  A few years back I went to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  If 'Vettes in all their incarnations are your thang, then this is the place to go.  Absolutely fantastic.  You can also marvel at the huge sink-hole that opened up in their newest wing of the museum and swallowed several cars whole...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited December 2022
    rze99 said:

I love the E-type but I do find the wheels look too in-set and narrow for the gorgeous body.

Eagle's the Spyder GT, carries on the tradition of jaw-dropping by using restored original body work traditional beauty but   modding the wheels, brakes performance etc for today's needs.    

That paragon of virtue, Jeremy Clarkson, called it the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. 

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive wheel system Headlamp Fender

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system Alloy wheel Land vehicle Rim

I have to agree, that, to me, looks better than the original. Never really that fussed about e-types. 
    Or really most of those kind of big bonnet shapeless old cars. 

I always think of family guy when he gets one.
  • Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    1973 Corvette Stingray C3 in yellow or mustard gold, no other colour is acceptable, although I might take a red one if offered.

Yup, that's one of my faves too.  A few years back I went to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  If 'Vettes in all their incarnations are your thang, then this is the place to go.  Absolutely fantastic.  You can also marvel at the huge sink-hole that opened up in their newest wing of the museum and swallowed several cars whole...
    Nah, you've gotta go the mid-60s split window model if you're looking at Corvettes

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12516
    edited December 2022
    How's about these... I shot this in the Shelby museum in Las Vegas.  Some top kit in here.  Shelby Cobra another of my faves.

CS1.jpg 729.8K
    CS2.jpg 669.2K
    CS3.jpg 692.1K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom