Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2403
    rze99 said:

I love the E-type but I do find the wheels look too in-set and narrow for the gorgeous body.

Eagle's the Spyder GT, carries on the tradition of jaw-dropping by using restored original body work traditional beauty but   modding the wheels, brakes performance etc for today's needs.    

That paragon of virtue, Jeremy Clarkson, called it the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. 

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive wheel system Headlamp Fender

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system Alloy wheel Land vehicle Rim

I have to agree, that, to me, looks better than the original. Never really that fussed about e-types. 
    Or really most of those kind of big bonnet shapeless old cars. 

I always think of family guy when he gets one.
    first time I ever heard anyone refer to the e-type as shapeless!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12515
    ...and who would have thought that a mere decade or so after designing what was to become the Cobra, AC's next notable contribution to automotive history was, errrm, this:

FileAC Invalid Carriage 1976JPG
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Offset said:
    ...and who would have thought that a mere decade or so after designing what was to become the Cobra, AC's next notable contribution to automotive history was, errrm, this:

This is the reason I could never buy a strat in daphne blue
    GuyR said:
    Offset said:

thanks. I never made that association before and now I have to look at my blue Fenders
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    I think they were called Invalid cars when I was a kid .............they were for disabled people
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    1973 Corvette Stingray C3 in yellow or mustard gold, no other colour is acceptable, although I might take a red one if offered.

Yup, that's one of my faves too.  A few years back I went to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  If 'Vettes in all their incarnations are your thang, then this is the place to go.  Absolutely fantastic.  You can also marvel at the huge sink-hole that opened up in their newest wing of the museum and swallowed several cars whole...
    Nah, you've gotta go the mid-60s split window model if you're looking at Corvettes

Still Nah ,
    the 1957 Corvette with the big chrome toothed grille /bumper was the one especially in Red and Cream
    If I was any good at posting pics I would prove it !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2022

1964 FERRARI 250 GT LUSSO BERLINETTA

1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta  Chassis no 5851GT Engine no 5851

Dominic said:
    I think they were called Invalid cars when I was a kid .............they were for disabled people
    It was called the AC Invacar, and yes - aimed at wheelchair users.  Whilst undoubtedly fulfilling a function, they could have made it less obscenely ugly.  And they didn't have to produce it in that single vile colour.  They may just have well sat down and deliberately designed something intended to attract schoolboy ridicule.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19416
    Dominic said: *snip*
    Still Nah ,
    the 1957 Corvette with the big chrome toothed grille /bumper was the one especially in Red and Cream
    Here you go  ;)

1957 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE - 113245
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    1973 Corvette Stingray C3 in yellow or mustard gold, no other colour is acceptable, although I might take a red one if offered.

Yup, that's one of my faves too.  A few years back I went to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  If 'Vettes in all their incarnations are your thang, then this is the place to go.  Absolutely fantastic.  You can also marvel at the huge sink-hole that opened up in their newest wing of the museum and swallowed several cars whole...
    Nah, you've gotta go the mid-60s split window model if you're looking at Corvettes

Still Nah ,

There was also a twin headlight version but I think this looks cleanest.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited December 2022
    rze99 said:
    rze99 said:

I love the E-type but I do find the wheels look too in-set and narrow for the gorgeous body.

Eagle's the Spyder GT, carries on the tradition of jaw-dropping by using restored original body work traditional beauty but   modding the wheels, brakes performance etc for today's needs.    

That paragon of virtue, Jeremy Clarkson, called it the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. 

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive wheel system Headlamp Fender

Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system Alloy wheel Land vehicle Rim

I have to agree, that, to me, looks better than the original. Never really that fussed about e-types. 
    Or really most of those kind of big bonnet shapeless old cars. 

I always think of family guy when he gets one.
    first time I ever heard anyone refer to the e-type as shapeless!

A bar of soap with wheels. 

I prefer the later models. 

And I realise I may be in the minority here  :)
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    rze99 said:

1964 FERRARI 250 GT LUSSO BERLINETTA

1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta  Chassis no 5851GT Engine no 5851

The back end is just wrong....SWB every time
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7128
    tFB Trader
    GuyR said:
    Offset said:

When Mrs R was looking to buy a new Mini, the dealership virtually refused to sell one in this colour as the residual value would be low due to the assiciation with the Invacar.
    Not the best-looking, but I can't ever recall seeing two guys look so cool in their big hats as they pulled up to a bar in Nashville in this.  Ludicrous but at the same time absolutely fantastic.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1999
    GT3
    First drive review The 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 is the best 911 yet

Daytona
    Ferrari Daytona 365 GTB4 comprehensive restoration

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1999
    Del Boys Robin Reliant sells for double the expected amount at auction -  and the interior is unmistakable - Mirror Online

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GuyR said:
    Offset said:

When Mrs R was looking to buy a new Mini, the dealership virtually refused to sell one in this colour as the residual value would be low due to the assiciation with the Invacar.
    As New 2019 Fender Custom Shop 59 Ltd Reissue Stratocaster Journeyman Relic Daphne Blue image 1
  • Jo-to-poJo-to-po Frets: 130
    edited December 2022
    Interesting (and not all that surprising) to see very few modern cars on this list.

Was hoping to think of something I could throw into the mix but struggling. 

Sigh, why can’t I post pics. 

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Paul_C said:

httpsmediaautoexpresscoukimageprivates--X-WVjvBW--f_autot_content-image-full-desktop1v1563183333autoexpress2016041975_-_austin_allegrojpg

It's nice, but doesn't have the classic elegance of the Vanden Plas.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom