Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    edited December 2022
    Jo-to-po said:

New Lotus ain’t bad:

Looks better than it drives, sadly, and by too big a margin. Desperately needs to shed 300kg.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12518
    Sporky said:
    Jo-to-po said:

New Lotus ain’t bad:

Looks better than it drives, sadly, and by too big a margin. Desperately needs to shed 300kg.
    A mate of mine has one on order.  He has lots of nice cars (in the trade) and I'm interested in getting a spin in it when (or if) it materialises.

Still can't get away from Loads Of Trouble, Usually Serious...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jo-to-poJo-to-po Frets: 130
    edited December 2022
    Sporky said:
    Jo-to-po said:

New Lotus ain’t bad:

I don’t know a great deal about it beyond the two available engine configurations and the price; as for the weight I imagine even if it was as spartan as an Elise was it’d still weigh more than they did back then, but I imagine Lotus made a conscious decision to have a slightly more ‘luxurious’ interior as they probably need to shift a good few of these, and the market for something as stripped-out as the 90s/00s models probably just isn’t there!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    Devil#20 said:
    GT3
    First drive review The 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 is the best 911 yet

Daytona
    Ferrari Daytona 365 GTB4 comprehensive restoration
    The Daytona even looks scary, which is very appropriate.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73088
    Paul_C said:

httpsmediaautoexpresscoukimageprivates--X-WVjvBW--f_autot_content-image-full-desktop1v1563183333autoexpress2016041975_-_austin_allegrojpg

Surprisingly, all four wheels are on the ground...

Try that in a Rover 3500 V8 and the weight of the engine would roll the outside front tyre off the rim.

Joyous things, 1970s British Leyland cars! My dad had a succession of them, mostly Austins and Triumphs, they were all crap. My aunt had a Maxi that was the *colour* of shit but was surprisingly not that bad as a car.

After the BL abominations he had one of these, which was very good indeed and I still think pretty good-looking -

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    The Emira weighs twice as much as the original Elise...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I won't claim that they're the best looking (there are some fabulous looking cars in the thread, but I had a couple of Griffiths (and three or four Chimaeras) and loved the look of them, especially the Griff. The A610 pictured below was actually my car - I graduated to it after a couple of GTA's.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Maserati A6GCS

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Car threads remind me of this haha

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I went to try a TVR 350i in a garage in Worcestershire, but fell in love with the Lancia Flavia. I didn't come home with either, but came home with a kitten instead which I found in a layby halfway through the test drive.

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    rze99 said:
    Brize said:
    An Aston Martin showroom salesman let me sit in the driver seat of one of these when I was about 9 or 10 back in the mid '70s.

It made a big impression on me at the the time. I also remember vividly the price on the windscreen - £7,999 - which may as well have been a million to a little squirt from humble background. 
    About the same as a Murphy Lab Les Paul ;-)
  • Corvette C1, E-type, DB5, Elise S1b
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    rze99 said:
    GuyR said:
    Offset said:
    ...and who would have thought that a mere decade or so after designing what was to become the Cobra, AC's next notable contribution to automotive history was, errrm, this:

FileAC Invalid Carriage 1976JPG
    This is the reason I could never buy a strat in daphne blue
    thanks. I never made that association before and now I have to look at my blue Fenders
    If they’re nitro, leave them by a south facing window for 10 years and they’ll turn green. Sorted 
  • DB1 said:
    I went to try a TVR 350i in a garage in Worcestershire, but fell in love with the Lancia Flavia. I didn't come home with either, but came home with a kitten instead which I found in a layby halfway through the test drive.

My sister had a reliant kitten. Not sure where she found it.

:) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DB1 said:

My sister had a reliant kitten. Not sure where she found it.

:) 

I wish it had been a Reliant. The little tortoiseshell bastard absolutely hated me.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited December 2022
    ICBM said:
    Paul_C said:

httpsmediaautoexpresscoukimageprivates--X-WVjvBW--f_autot_content-image-full-desktop1v1563183333autoexpress2016041975_-_austin_allegrojpg

Surprisingly, all four wheels are on the ground...

Try that in a Rover 3500 V8 and the weight of the engine would roll the outside front tyre off the rim.

Joyous things, 1970s British Leyland cars! My dad had a succession of them, mostly Austins and Triumphs, they were all crap. My aunt had a Maxi that was the *colour* of shit but was surprisingly not that bad as a car.

After the BL abominations he had one of these, which was very good indeed and I still think pretty good-looking -

My mate had the older model, I think, with the round headlights? Red. Wasn't a GTE but it was a slightly posher spec. than basic iirc. Loved that car, was the first between us when we were young, went loads of cool trips in it. Would have been quite old at that time but good condition. 
  • DB1 said:

The PF Flavia's nice from the side, and the fast back is gorgeous  but the twin heads are a bit ugly on the front. Don't ask me how I know!
    I do like the headlights, funnily enough. But... how do you know? :)
    Call me Dave.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1658
    Corvette C1, E-type, DB5, Elise S1b
    Interesting - never came across the 'b' suffix on the S1 before, and I thought I was verging on proper Elise anorak level territory at one stage. Can I ask, what's the S1b when it's at home ?