The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8828
    tFB Trader
    Vettel.... what a tit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 877
    Vettel seems to have totally lost his head, bottle, skill and everything else over the last two years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Vettel has always been a bit shaky when overtaking - it's often been what has stopped him from really matching Lewis. 

Better race at NewSilverstone than I remember them usually being.

Cracking performance from Leclerc and he's clearly in no mood to take Verstappen's shit. The rest of the season should be great if that continues. 

I assume Lewis has now got the title pretty much tied up. Bottas was great today and it still wasn't enough. At this rate Ham could hold every major record going - most wins, most poles, most titles, 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    Meanwhile, the ponzi scheme that is Rich Energy has a dig at Haas:

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5105
    Well, that was a good race.

I kindof see why Vettel thought there might be an opening going to happen, but it didn't and was never more than a quarter of a car; unfortunately, he completely missed his braking, so that was that.

Leclerc showed he has got some racer in him.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    The big headline should be "Vettel actually admits mistake" ;-) 

I feel for Norris - behind Sainz on points by an increasing margin but I think you'd still say he was the "better" of the 2 in this car this season - crappy safety car timing for him/licky for Sainz who hadn't stopped. 

Also, it seems to turn out that if you put Ricciardo in an ordinary car that he's, well, ordinary 
    Red ones are better. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    Vettel.... what a tit.
    I wonder if Ferrari will give him the boot at the end of this season? Eddie Jordan was saying Lewis is off to Ferrari next season too (may be the usual EJ bollocks of course). 
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1205
    boogieman said:
    Vettel.... what a tit.
    I wonder if Ferrari will give him the boot at the end of this season? Eddie Jordan was saying Lewis is off to Ferrari next season too (may be the usual EJ bollocks of course). 
    In the same sentence, EJ said Vettel was going to Mercedes......Merc wouldn't be so silly !
    I do think Vettel's days are numbered though, he has his mind elsewhere.
    The great thing about Sky coverage is that I haven't heard anything EJ has said for years 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2518
    Did anybody else laugh at Verstappen's radio message when he was trying to overtake Leclerc?
    "He's moving really late in braking!"
    Thoroughly enjoyed the battle between the 2 of them, especially when Leclerc had his elbows out on every corner to stop Verstappen.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FX_Munkee said:
    Did anybody else laugh at Verstappen's radio message when he was trying to overtake Leclerc?
    "He's moving really late in braking!"
    Thoroughly enjoyed the battle between the 2 of them, especially when Leclerc had his elbows out on every corner to stop Verstappen.
    Yeah, that gave me a proper chortle. 

The overhead slowmo showed an absolutely lightning response from Charles. He obvious knew max would try sormthing was just waiting to see which way he went. Spectacular driving from both of them and if that’s where we/they/the Stewards are with it I’m totally ok. 

Nice to see someone properly give Max “full elbows” for once :)
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2049
    boogieman said:
    Vettel.... what a tit.
    Eddie must have been reading this thread, I predicted that back in March.
    Modellista said:
    Ricciardo and Versappen will continue to have ding-dongs even though in different teams.  

LeClerc will outclass Vettel, causing an existential crisis for both himself and his team.  

Hamilton will replace Vettel at Ferrari in 2020. 

I was wrong on point 1, the Renault is more average than expected.

Point 2 is becoming more true with every race.

Point 3 - well, if Eddie Jordan agrees, it must be true!

Let's not forget EJ called Lewis's Merc move and everyone laughed. I don't think Lewis will go for 2020 but 2021 might be of interest for one last challenge. 

I'm not sure Seb would go to Merc though - retirement would be more likely imo. Mercedes already have too many drivers and are continually reported to have their eye on Max. I can't see them wanting Seb instead. 

I do hope McLaren continue the resurgence as they're clearly progressing quicker than Renault at the moment. Seidl is the perfect team principle and apparently talking of a return to Mercedes engines...
    I like to think that Mercedes wouldn't put up with Vettel's shit but in reality driver skills would probably win out in that consideration. Or maybe not, hmm. 

EJ is like a stopped clock. You spout enough bollocks and something will land near the mark. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    I like to think that Mercedes wouldn't put up with Vettel's shit but in reality driver skills would probably win out in that consideration. Or maybe not, hmm. 

EJ is like a stopped clock. You spout enough bollocks and something will land near the mark. 
    Lol re EJ. 

Actually with Seb at Merc there's an argument that he'd do his RB trick of scampering off into the distance for 70% of the season so any shaky overtaking becomes irrelevant. As a neutral-ish fan I'd certainly be happy to see them switch., but I'd rather see Ricciardo get a shout in either of those cars, if I'm honest
    I'll cry if Lewis goes to Ferrari. No red cars are supported in this house. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    I'll cry if Lewis goes to Ferrari. No red cars are supported in this house. 
    Nah, I tend to go the other way. I support everyone except the dickheads. These days the generally means Kmag and Verstappen are the notional dickheads. In years past it was variously Alonso, Schumacher, Villeneuve..
    Ferrari ARE the dickheads. 3 of those 5 have driven for Ferrari and another one wants to... 
    Red ones are better. 
    actually did JV drive for them? I know his dad did 
    Red ones are better. 
    edited July 2019
    TimmyO said:
    Ferrari ARE the dickheads. 3 of those 5 have driven for Ferrari and another one wants to... 
    D 

TimmyO
    said: actually did JV drive for them? I know his dad did 

No, he went Williams then BAR then Sauber then went away...