Titanic tourist submersible gone missing

What's Hot

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1289
    edited June 2023
    jellyroll said:
    Note to self: When designing next submarine, feature window not necessary. 
    Or at least make sure window is double glazed  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    James Cameron (of Titanic movie making fame) was interviewed and quoted that given the comms AND tracking went at the same time not long after launch - this would indicate that they were already gone
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I recall reading they lost comms about 1.75 hours after launch and I also recall that the journey to the bottom should have taken 2.5 hours. So they'd have been about 70% of the way, about 1.5 miles down, when it happened. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    tone1 said:
    I think there’s a pretty strong link between very successful people (whether that be in business or sports, and being a psychopath. A Psychopathic trait is usually a single minded/highly driven person with very little regard to anyone or anything, and they tend to act in an impulsive & risky manner….that’s what gets them to the top and makes them billionaires etc…..and then they usually crash & burn and take everyone with them…..Maxwell, Epstein, Weinstein, Stockton Rush, Trump etc.etc….
    Yup. It's basically to impossible to become a multi-billionaire without being a psycho, because any rational person gets 1/10/50% there and goes "I've got enough, I'm gonna stop and do something fun (and hopefully beneficial for the world) with the time I've got left"
    What's "enough?" 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Timcito said:

Air travel is only destroying the planet to go see the tombs of death cult mass murderers and extinct child sacrificing savages. 

The problem with this kind of cancel culture -  trashing ancient civilizations because they did not share our (ahem!) pristine worldview - is something of a dead-end because eventually someone in the future could just as easily trash ours for reasons we may not even be able to imagine right now. Perhaps future generations will look angrily back on us for murdering animals and eating them - who knows? At the times when the Incas and the Egyptians performed the horrors you refer to, I'd guess the perpetrators felt as guiltless as people today who tuck into a juicy steak at Roadhouse Grill.

And anyway, 'extinct child-sacrificing savages' is no way to talk about the Rolling Stones!   

It was more air travel I was trashing rather than ancient civilisations.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7218
    Timcito said:

Air travel is only destroying the planet to go see the tombs of death cult mass murderers and extinct child sacrificing savages. 

The problem with this kind of cancel culture -  trashing ancient civilizations because they did not share our (ahem!) pristine worldview - is something of a dead-end because eventually someone in the future could just as easily trash ours for reasons we may not even be able to imagine right now. Perhaps future generations will look angrily back on us for murdering animals and eating them - who knows? At the times when the Incas and the Egyptians performed the horrors you refer to, I'd guess the perpetrators felt as guiltless as people today who tuck into a juicy steak at Roadhouse Grill.

And anyway, 'extinct child-sacrificing savages' is no way to talk about the Rolling Stones!   

You can trash the Mayans but the Incas were pretty sound. Don't get me started on the bloody Aztecs though.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Timcito said:

You can trash the Mayans but the Incas were pretty sound. Don't get me started on the bloody Aztecs though.

Some of them were pedos! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    tony99 said:
    Timcito said:

Some of them were pedos! 
    Now then now then...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1613
    Yup. It's basically to impossible to become a multi-billionaire without being a psycho, because any rational person gets 1/10/50% there and goes "I've got enough, I'm gonna stop and do something fun (and hopefully beneficial for the world) with the time I've got left"
    What's "enough?" 
    Lets start with  enough as 1% of a billion, so £10M  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19399
    dano said:
    What's "enough?" 
    See, that complete lack of drive & ambition is why you'll never make it to the top  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7044
    dano said:
    What's "enough?" 
    See, that complete lack of drive & ambition is why you'll never make it to the top  ;)
    Or the bottom......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    dano said:
    What's "enough?" 
    Who needs 10m?
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    dano said:
    What's "enough?" 
    That’s plenty
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    usedtobe said:
    dano said:
    What's "enough?" 
    That’s plenty

SFA estimate that you need £5M in the bank to live like a Millionaire* - https://www.simplefinancialadvice.co.uk/how-many-millions-do-you-need-to-live-like-a-millionaire/

Other sources say that £2.2M in the bank plus a minimum of £9k income per month would cover it.

*What's a Millionaire's lifestyle?

Coutts bank revealed that a millionaire’s lifestyle would have bought you all the trappings of a comfortable life, including:

• A five-bedroom house
    • Two members of staff
    • Two luxury cars
    • An apartment in the South of France
    • A yacht

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Do we know how much that Titan submersible cost to put together?
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5787
    Why does one need to live like a millionaire? Can’t you have cash in the bank and still live a modest lifestyle?

Arguably, the more modest a lifestyle you lead the more cash you’re likely to have in the bank, no?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6601
    Sassafras said:
    Do we know how much that Titan submersible cost to put together?
    Less than it should have.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nobody ‘needs’ to live like a millionaire.. I own the house I live in, there’s a car on the drive, and there’s a bit in the bank.. I’m ok.. I don’t need any more, as things stand, but the last 2-3 years, and the knowledge that things aren’t going to get any better, anytime soon, is a bit of a concern..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12413
    Haych said:
    Why does one need to live like a millionaire? Can’t you have cash in the bank and still live a modest lifestyle?

Arguably, the more modest a lifestyle you lead the more cash you’re likely to have in the bank, no?

Give me a million quid and I'll retire - I don't want expensive shit nearly as much as I want time.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Money buys you power and influence. If that makes you happy, it could be said money buys you happiness.