Fascinating trivia about musicians

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12894
    edited July 11
    Pjon said:
    Offset said:

Ian Anderson's son-in-law is The Walking Dead actor Andrew Lincoln.   
    IA lives near us.  The daughter of an acquaintance has babysat his grandkid(s).

That is such a tenuous link to someone famous! dissapointed 

One of my colleagues recently interviewed IA and described him as a twat! 
    Sorry @pjon - it was all I could offer up :-)

* EDIT - The Shadows' then current bassist crashed over at our house after a gig in Guildford some years back - is that a bit better?!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8168
    edited July 11
    RocknRollDave said:

I also checked The Krankies, but Fan-dabi-dozi only got to number 46. 
    I assume that was before she and her man were questioned by the police about missing SNP funds?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8168
    edited July 11
    Hey @Offset - tell him about the wedding you were at with you-know-who and of your Tele-wielding US drinking buddy SC.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    Somethin' Stupid - Frank and Nancy Sinatra - Think I'm right in saying they are still the only father/daughter  to have a #1 hit single as a duet 

Mouldy Old Dough is the only UK number 1 featuring mother and son.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 11
    BillDL said:
    Hey @Offset - tell him about the wedding you were at with you-know-who and of your Tele-wielding US drinking buddy SC.
    Ha ha!  I can't do the former because I think the person whose wedding I attended might visit this forum and it was obviously a private event.  Happy to spill the beans about the latter without breaking any confidences though:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4232
    On my last gig when I retired from playing, I asked a mate to play on a number. He used to play with the Troggs, Bob Geldoff, Tom Robinson, think he played on Freddie Mercury’s solo album as well. 
    It was a bit of a step up but he did well. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    Offset said:
    BillDL said:
    Ha ha!  I can't do the former because I think the person whose wedding I attended might visit this forum and it was obviously a private event.  Happy to spill the beans about the latter without breaking any confidences though:

Was that Hayley before the op?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4303
    Offset said:
    Pjon said:
    Offset said:

* EDIT - The Shadows' then current bassist crashed over at our house after a gig in Guildford some years back - is that a bit better?!
    I can out-tenuous both of you: I once owned a car that Ricky Warwick (of The Almighty and Black Star Riders) had sat in the back of :lol: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neil said:
    Matt Bellamy of Muse's father George was guitarist in The Tornados.
    They were first British band to have a number one in both the UK and USA with Telstar.
    ...and Telstar was Matt's inspiration for the guitar sound at the beginning of Muse's 'Knights Of Cydonia'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2008
    edited July 13
    I threw up on two separate occasions in the back of Timmy Mallet's TVR in Radio Oxford days.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7445
    Elvis isn't dead.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Brio said:
    I threw up on two separate occasions in the back of Timmy Mallet's TVR in Radio Oxford days.
    That can only have been a Cerbera then.  And you still did well to get in the back :-)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    Elvis isn't dead.
    He might be by now though
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    Offset said:
    Pjon said:
    Offset said:

I can out-tenuous both of you: I once owned a car that Ricky Warwick (of The Almighty and Black Star Riders) had sat in the back of :lol: 
    I can beat that , about 14 years ago I saw an advert on auto trader for a yellow Range Rover that once belonged to Elkie Brookes  & it was only about £2.5 grand 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3036
    tFB Trader
    Woody Guthrie & wife moved to New York, to an apartment block. Woody noticed a complete lack of black & Mexican tenants and found a deliberate policy to exclude them. The landlord of this block was one Fred Trump, father of you-know-who... He wrote this song, although like many he didn't record it himself - https://woodyguthrie.org/Lyrics/Old_Man_Trump.htm

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 422
    Lee 'Kix' Thompson, the multi instrumentalist, songwriter and mad man from Madness once sat in my tent at The Mucky Duck where his close friend Brian Tuitt  (The former Bad Manners drummer) was promoting a band called Redwood.

My best friends band were the support act, Brian lived in the same village as us.

Whilst he was in my tent in heavy rain, Lee basically begged for more of my amazing home grown outdoor weed. This was over 25 years ago.

The following morning they tore up the small field in their open top cars like pricks.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2008
    Offset said:
    Brio said:
    That can only have been a Cerbera then.  And you still did well to get in the back :-)
    I think it was 1600 Vixen...