Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot
ForgeForge Frets: 431
So I am starting one...

Helpless Gooner here, happy with one trophy in ten years but almost needing medical attention every time they play...they're diabolical at the moment, no spine whatsoever, no positive aggression on the pitch and a manager sounding more and more like inspector Clouzeau. Who do you support in the EPL or other leagues?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Try being a helpless Forest fan. Dream start to the season and zero wins since the first international break :( EVERY.FUCKING.YEAR.
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    PS: it may sound atypical but I only mildly dislike Tottenham...
    edited November 2014
    joneve said:
    Try being a helpless Forest fan. Dream start to the season and zero wins since the first international break :( EVERY.FUCKING.YEAR.

A mate is a Forest fan, it's not good for the mood...at least your fans have a voice, the Emirates is like a library! I don't go there anymore...it's like paying a grand for a Chibson and I blew my football money on a guitar when they turned down Fabregas...effing unbelievable...
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    im a liverpool fan. Hoping a win against Chelsea at the weekend will kickstart our season. Apart from the performance against Tottenham and maybe last nights effort against Real Madrid weve been quite poor.
    JAYJO said:
    im a liverpool fan. Hoping a win against Chelsea at the weekend will kickstart our season. Apart from the performance against Tottenham and maybe last nights effort against Real Madrid weve been quite poor.

Super Mario is no replacement for Suarez...no bite in his game! TBH you will probably end up with Alexis Sanchez once he realizes he made a mistake signing for Arsenal.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    edited November 2014

I'm a Fulham fan, thus I have no sympathy for the constant Gooner-whinging :P

I also realise I'm probably not very popular with @RobDavies now...

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

A Happy Hammer over here. Getting a nose bleed and altitude sickness from being so high up the table (so not used to it........).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:

A Happy Hammer over here. Getting a nose bleed and altitude sickness from being so high up the table (so not used to it........).

I hope you keep it up, West Ham and Sot'on have been a breath of fresh air.
  • FazerFazer Frets: 472
    hey forge, i'm a gooner too, but feeling somewhat ambivalent about it all this year.
    after all that support during the ups and downs of the 'austerity' decade i felt that we had finally turned the corner and were on the up - stopped having our best players poached/jump ship, starting to spend big on mega talent like ozil and alexis with new sponsorship deals, 'homegrowns' like wilshere, ramsey, theo, gibbs starting to blossom, led the league for a huge chunk of last year, and (scraping through) the fa cup.
    it felt like a new dawn over the summer, but now it feels pretty disappointing and i feel i bit let down really.
    no spark or discipline, feels like the fundamentals just havent changed, all gets a bit headless chickeny
  • Out of all the musicians I know, pretty much none of them that follow the soccer ball.

I used to get free tickets to Elland Road when I was a young 'un.

I've got Jimmy Folyd Hasselbank's unwashed socks at home.
    Fazer said:
    hey forge, i'm a gooner too, but feeling somewhat ambivalent about it all this year.
    after all that support during the ups and downs of the 'austerity' decade i felt that we had finally turned the corner and were on the up - stopped having our best players poached/jump ship, starting to spend big on mega talent like ozil and alexis with new sponsorship deals, 'homegrowns' like wilshere, ramsey, theo, gibbs starting to blossom, led the league for a huge chunk of last year, and (scraping through) the fa cup.
    it felt like a new dawn over the summer, but now it feels pretty disappointing and i feel i bit let down really.
    no spark or discipline, feels like the fundamentals just havent changed, all gets a bit headless chickeny

Both the team and manager are naive. Take yesterday...Wenger puts Rosicky and Podolski on...a midfielder who has been out of form and a make shift winger who does not track back. They should have sat back and hit on the counter with the speed of Walcott, Sanchez and Chamberlain. There is progress in the team but without a new CB and DM we have no spine.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm a United fan and generally loving life.

As much as I loved winning, I also love the not a fucking clue what is going to happen today feeling too :D

Feel for Arsenal/Liverpool esq clubs who can't quite rival the top clubs in regards to money

I hhhhaaaaaaaatteee Chelsea/City/Anchi/ any team who had stupid buyouts from Foreign input.  I know United have spent a lot this year, but we earnt a lot winning Trophies etc (not saying I agree with it mind)
    edited November 2014
    @joeyowen You'll be back in the top 4 this year, your team is starting to click. Well apart from the back where it's more like a clonk...I hope Smalling has a good disguise. Arsenal has money but we also have a bunch of squirrels running the club.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    West Bromwich Albion fan here.

I was underwhelmed by Alan Irvine being appointed as boss, having only his previous managerial form to judge him by.

But so far he's been a steady hand on the tiller and he comes over in interviews as a thoughtful and conscientious bloke.

I am hoping for a season of respectable, smug, mid-table mediocrity. First though he has to help the team over the normal winter slump that kicks in around December 1 and normally lifts about February 28th.

edited November 2014
    @Skarley we're playing you away at the end of the month. If the line up is like the team who finished the game you're in for a treat!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I know @Clarky is a Millwall lad.

And @RobDavies is a Brentford lad.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I "support" Yeovil Town, but couldn't tell you how they're doing. I follow the Premier League and keep track of scores and stuff, but don't really watch it. I just like the numbers and statistics.

Living in Gateshead though you can't escape the "toon army", aka the worst football fans in the world.
    My V key is broken
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Man City fan here. Grew up watching them in their hapless years. Enjoying seeing some great football now. Yes, I know it's been largely "bought"....but it's better than the alternative. It's also nice to be in that group of top teams that gets media attention and international visibility. 

I have a lot of admiration and respect for fans of other teams (especially non PL teams) who go week in week out, knowing that their team won't win a trophy. 

As I regularly remind my better half, you can change your wife, you can change your religion....but you can't change your football team. 
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Mmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    All practice and no theory
  • holnrew said:
    Living in Gateshead though you can't escape the "toon army", aka the worst football fans in the world.
    But at least your fans are locals. The majoirty of Liverpool fans travel in from Ireland and Europe.