Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Skarloey said:
    How much is  a Brentford ticket and is it worth it? 

They're just up the road from me and I like a ground with a decent (i.e. raucous, song-filled) atmosphere, and the chances of turning up and seeing goals...

...which explains why I can 't be arsed to travel to see the Baggies in the Prem anymore and I refuse to go to Fulham. 

If you want to stand, it's £23 for non-members.   A seat will set you back £25.  

And yes, it's worth it.  Loads of decent local pubs (avoid the tourist traps on the corners), plenty of singing from the terrace behind the goal and really atractive, passing football.  No trouble either, unless the local morons, Fulham and QPR are in town.

What's not to like?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited December 2014
    I'd love to see Brentford in the prem. Local radio phone in was in meltdown tonight after your thumping of the Wulfs at the weekend. Lovely stuff.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @RobDavies

Ta for the info.

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2954

I have to say I was expecting some real stick from @RobDavies...

Fair play to Brentford though, they look the real deal. We're still reeling from the disaster that was Magath, having left us with a horribly unbalanced squad.

I do resent being labeled a local moron though - don't lump us in with the Tesco Value wankers from down the road :D

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Woo, more games tonight :D

As a United fan... I'm really missing the lack of games that comes with not being in many competitions anymore 
    D Day for the Baggies. Lose to the Vile this weekend and Irvine's got to go. Win and he buys himself a bit more time.

The atmosphere if we do lose will be foul so I won't be there. I mean why should I fork out loads of cash to take my son and subject him to the cold and all the foul mouth ranting going on around us?

He can stay at home in the warm and hear it all off me for nothing.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10037
    edited December 2014
    Skarloey;443194" said:
    D Day for the Baggies. Lose to the Vile this weekend and Irvine's got to go. Win and he buys himself a bit more time.

The atmosphere if we do lose will be foul so I won't be there. I mean why should I fork out loads of cash to take my son and subject him to the cold and all the foul mouth ranting going on around us?

He can stay at home in the warm and hear it all off me for nothing.
    @Skarloey Despite Irvine's best efforts, we somehow just about scraped a shot on target today which went in. He is clueless. A nice bloke definitely, but clueless none the less
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I was at the club shop this morning getting my lad some kit for Christmas - there's a heavy feeling about the place at the moment. I was made aware that there were tickets available but I just can't bear it at the moment. We haven't been since the Palace game although we've got tickets for Stoke away on the 28th (must be mad!).

A good result against an in form Villa side though - the reports from the game bear out what @thecolourbox said. I shall enjoy reminding the Seals at home(!) and work what the result was though. A win is a win - but how much time has it bought AFI?

@mudslide73

How much time? One match I'd have thought from the fans' POV. He's ony as good as his last game in terms of his credibility as far as I know.

From JP's perspective I reckon if we're bottom three on Jan 1 it's bye bye AI.
  • I have to admit I thought they'd tear us a new one today. Usually they step it up against us whatever form they're in - it's been a good reversal today. I must try and cheer up about us though. 

Dare I say part of me wanted a loss, just so we could sack.AI and get in a decent Number 1.

Horrible to say but we need to get the poison out of the club. A real strong boss with a track record of success would help.
  • You won't get that type of bloke in with our current structure - Pulis et al wouldn't stand for all this Downing/Kiely bobbins. I fear we'd have to go down before they'd can the structure... Baldy is strong enough to make a decision like that but I'm not sure he'll admit he's wrong until it's undeniable. Blimey we've just beaten the Villa and we're moaning!!

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10037
    edited December 2014
    If the company i work for consistently hired the wrong people, HR would surely be forced out. I don't blame the managers, i blame the people who decide they'd be the best choice...
  • I'd just like to point out that Villa are still awesome ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They did do quite well to withstand such an epic force of brilliance for as long as they did
    edited December 2014
    hubobulous;444246" said:
    I'd just like to point out that Villa are still awful ;-)
    Just spellchecked that for ya aer kid.

:D

Up the Baggies
  • Skarloey said:
    hubobulous;444246" said:
    I'd just like to point out that Villa are still awful ;-)

Up the Baggies
    I don't like you any more!! :-)
    hubobulous;444317" said:
    Skarloey said:

hubobulous;444246" said:I'd just like to point out that Villa are still popular among some people in the Midlands. ;-)

Up the Baggies

I don't like you any more!! :-)
    Ah goo on then seeing it's Christmas.

Changed it for you.

;)
  • That's much better!! I can tell my Mum that she doesn't need to go round your place and tell you off now. Phew :-)
    @hubobulous No don't tell me off. I'm a good Baggie, honest. Tell Mommy H she's welcome for a cuppa if she's ever in my neck of the woods.

And here's to many more Baggies- Villa derbies in the Prem.

:)