Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    Skarloey said:
    None of the MOTD pundits/ golf buddies rival Michael Owen for vapid droning.

He is to the english language what flu is to public health.
    No, no, no.

1) Owen annoys from August to May, the flu season is far more brief.
    2) I would willingly pay the cost of a prescription to get rid of Own from the telly.
    3) No-one says "get well soon" when you tell them that you have been listening to Owen.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    scrumhalf said:
    Skarloey said:
    None of the MOTD pundits/ golf buddies rival Michael Owen for vapid droning.

He is to the english language what flu is to public health.
    No, no, no.

1) Owen annoys from August to May, the flu season is far more brief.
    2) I would willingly pay the cost of a prescription to get rid of Own from the telly.
    3) No-one says "get well soon" when you tell them that you have been listening to Owen.
    Au contraire. 

1) There is such a thing as Summer flu. Imagine being stricken with this in a World Cup year, feeling like crap AND with the outside chance of listening to him droning. 

2) Don't pay your subscription to BT or just ignore him. 

3) On this point you are quite right, although several people after listening to him drone for a mere first half have felt the urge to dial 111 and a few have been known to go straight to AE complaining of an aching head, aching ears and extreme nausea.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I find that having the footy on the tele and a plugged-in guitar in my hands drowns out the constant droning of Messrs Owen, Neville et al.

That way I get to watch the footy, and make noise at the same time.

Oh and the radio commentators are way better than tele ones.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    mike_l said:

I find that having the footy on the tele and a plugged-in guitar in my hands drowns out the constant droning of Messrs Owen, Neville et al.

I find I naturally drift and play the Benny Hill theme tune when they show Arsenal.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    mike_l said:

WISDOM
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    The most description of Neville and his commentary was:

"He sounds like a kid with a webcam, talking after his parents have good to bed in the next room."

You can't unhear it
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2957

One thing I have wondered though, is when did the Premier League suddenly have a name change to EPL? Is it to make it sound like NFL or NBA? Is it something from Fifa on the Playstation? It sounds too much like VPL for me

It's to differentiate it from the Scottish Premier League (SPL).
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    Thought this was interesting how the Americans see it, THE RISE OF THE EUROPEAN SOCCER FAN IN AMERICA http://gearpatrol.com/2014/07/09/rise-european-soccer-fan-america/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    Thought this was interesting how the Americans see it, THE RISE OF THE EUROPEAN SOCCER FAN IN AMERICA http://gearpatrol.com/2014/07/09/rise-european-soccer-fan-america/

even I spotted a couple of minor inaccuracies but very interesting nonetheless.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    OMG...Arsenal actually managed to hang on to a slender lead and win a game...I am still in shock! I am off to St Mary's tomorrow morning, going to see the Sot'on vs City game with customers. Any of you southerners going?
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10060
    edited November 2014
    Forge;429603" said:
    OMG...Arsenal actually managed to hang on to a slender lead and win a game...I am still in shock!
    Against a team who have not actually scored a goal for 360 minutes of football (our goal against Leicester a few weeks back was an own goal) ;)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28097
    Brentford are a bit impressive this season @RobDavies ... 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    TTony said:
    Yup.   Thank you for noticing.

In 35 years of watching, this is the best Brentford team I've ever seen.  We are capable of beating anyone in the championship (and have).
    Whether we'll still be in the top six come April is questionable, but it's now a possibility rather than just a pipe dream.   Only problem is that IF we do end up bothering the Premiership, our new ground is two years away so ground-sharing is beginning to rear it's ugly head....
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Arsenal fan here but I watched Brentford last Friday against Fulham and they were brilliant!  Never say die attitude and proper pull your socks up and get on with it attitude. 

I saw them play last season against Peterborough and it was tops.  Great ground and great support.  Hope to see them in the prem sometime soon!

As for Arsenal, one step at a time ;)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm rooting for Newcastle because it will piss off a lot of fans if they did well under Pardew. 
    My V key is broken
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    edited December 2014
    RobDavies said:
    TTony said:
    Yup.   Thank you for noticing.

In 35 years of watching, this is the best Brentford team I've ever seen.  We are capable of beating anyone in the championship (and have).
    Whether we'll still be in the top six come April is questionable, but it's now a possibility rather than just a pipe dream.   Only problem is that IF we do end up bothering the Premiership, our new ground is two years away so ground-sharing is beginning to rear it's ugly head....

I think, if we went up then Twickenham Stadium will just have to tide us over, after all it`s the most local place with local support

:D

And I agree, this team is decent. I thought we were going to be rabbits in the headlights after the initial defeats but have been incredibly impressive since.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    holnrew said:
    I'm rooting for Newcastle because it will piss off a lot of fans if they did well under Pardew. 

Sorry dude, lost to my lot saturday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ....and the mighty Villa continue their unbeaten run ;-)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    How much is  a Brentford ticket and is it worth it? 

They're just up the road from me and I like a ground with a decent (i.e. raucous, song-filled) atmosphere, and the chances of turning up and seeing goals...

...which explains why I can 't be arsed to travel to see the Baggies in the Prem anymore and I refuse to go to Fulham. 
  • Skarloey;431300" said:
    How much is  a Brentford ticket and is it worth it? 

They're just up the road from me and I like a ground with a decent (i.e. raucous, song-filled) atmosphere, and the chances of turning up and seeing goals...

...which explains why I can 't be arsed to travel to see the Baggies in the Prem anymore and I refuse to go to Fulham. 
    Me and Master Mudslide have tickets to see the Albion at Stoke in dec 28th. We're having a friendly spread on whether we'll score a goal (or multiples) or a sack Irvine before then. :(

"A city star won’t shine too far"