Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Bidley said:

I'm a Fulham fan, thus I have no sympathy for the constant Gooner-whinging :P

I also realise I'm probably not very popular with @RobDavies now...

You've never been popular with me.     You're lucky I actually sold you some KaBL gear.    I charged you double, mind....

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    edited November 2014
    QPR fan. Or The Yo-Yo's as they should be called. They drive me mad, they constantly underachieve, they sell their best players for a pittance just before they hit a decent vein of form. Yet still I go to see them. Don't ask me why. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyroll said:
    Forge said:
    Lev said:
    as an aside I'm sick of referees getting decisions wrong and ruining games. I think they should have something like google glass so that replays can instantly be sent to them, no time wasting crowding around a monitor or waiting for someone in the stand to make a decision.

I absolutely agree, let the action unfold then validate the goal/penalty from the video. Also only the team captains should be allowed to talk to the ref.
    Agreed. Could be limited to say 3 claims per team per game - as per Hawkeye at Wimbledon.
    I can't see giving players/managers to authority to challenge the referee as being a positive step for player/ref relations!

It needs to be the referees decision to use the technology, but they should have it available.

Ice hockey is as fast paced as it gets, but they'll happily spend 3 minutes with the game paused whilst the office in Toronto (who stream all the games live with dozens of camera) look at dubious goals frame-by-frame to ensure the decision is correct. A late correct call is better than a quick wrong one.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    3-1 loss to Brentford at home tonight. That's 11 games without a win now. 

GREAT STUFF GUYS! 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    I`m a Brentford fan, after all you can`t change where you were born!! And tonight I`m a very happy Brentford fan
    :))
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    @RobDavies is a Brentford lad too. 

Glad you're enjoying it! Someone should! 

As much as I wanted the Pearce experiment to work (and it did for 4 weeks!), it's turned out how I feared it would :( 
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Ouch....City look like they are going out of the ECL!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Controversial match to say the very least!
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    They have a chance is Bayern send a B team as they are already through. Shit week for English clubs...
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    edited November 2014
    Forge;403308" said:
    Deijavoo said:

Rangers fan here. Sitting in the Scottish Championship is not fantastic but it's hopefully a means to an end. Getting to the Falkirk game on Saturday but it's as much about the booze up as the match at the moment.

Demoting Ranger was a stupid idea...how much as it hurt the SPL?
    They didn't get demoted.

They got liquidated and a phoenix club/company started again at the bottom as you'd expect.

It also hasn't hurt anyone in the SPL bar Celtic. The league is more interesting than it has been in decades and something like 7 of the last 9 major trophies have been won by different teams.

Rangers dying has worked out well for everyone other than their ugly sisters across the city.
    Ahem

The whole basis of saying that Rangers are no longer Rangers is clutching at petty straws. Does everyone with an interest in Scottish football know who plays at Ibrox? Do they also know why McCoist is so loyal to this "newco"? Why do UEFA and FIFA recognise all our past achievements alongside us now? We could spend the rest of this year and beyond asking similar questions.

Either way of whatever you wish to believe, I do not base my choice of team on past or current success, but I do find such blinkered and hopeful attempts to degarde us hilarious. 

Who is your team out of interest?

Forge;403308" said:
    Deijavoo said:

Rangers fan here. Sitting in the Scottish Championship is not fantastic but it's hopefully a means to an end. Getting to the Falkirk game on Saturday but it's as much about the booze up as the match at the moment.

Demoting Ranger was a stupid idea...how much as it hurt the SPL?
    They didn't get demoted.

They got liquidated and a phoenix club/company started again at the bottom as you'd expect.

It also hasn't hurt anyone in the SPL bar Celtic. The league is more interesting than it has been in decades and something like 7 of the last 9 major trophies have been won by different teams.

Rangers dying has worked out well for everyone other than their ugly sisters across the city.

edited November 2014
    I'm also very interested about the profit and loss reports in the SPL since you know that it's only Celtic that have been harmed in this whole mess. Have you any specific details?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    edited November 2014
    Are you trying to claim that you didn't get liquidated?

Even that link you shared makes it clear that it wasn't a "demotion" - your league place was lost when you liquidated.

Rangers really are a schizophrenic bunch. "we're the same club, we're the same club!". So, err, can the creditors have the millions of pounds you owe them?---"that was the old club! That was the old club!"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As to why Salary McCoist is so loyal, I'd suggest that taking home £800,000 a year - more than the combined salary of David Cameron, Barack Obama, and Angela Merkel - to manage in the bottom tier of Scottish football (where the opposition is made up of nightclub bouncers and milkmen) might have a lot to do with it.

Even with his supposedly new, lower, salary McCoist has been utterly taking the mickey out of the rangers support. An utterly piss poor manager, spending vastly inflated wages on mediocre journey men and all the while encouraging the support to be generous every time the begging bowl gets passed round. An absolute charlatan.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    An Everton fan since I was nine or ten. I had no idea who they were or where they played but a feature in Hotspur convinced me. More downs than ups since but that is football. I have never been to Goodison Park, maybe next year to celebrate 50 years loyal support. My guitar playing friend is a Burnley supporter. He is a fine guitarist though...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2957

I don't know about that, Scottish football was a joke when it was the same two teams winning it every year, now there's only one who can win it! Although it's novel to see a different Scottish team get battered in the CL.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936
    Chelsea fan since the 70s, the first single I owned was Blue Is the Colour (if you don't count Enid Blyton reading Noddy stories)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    Blackburn fan, so I have no sympathy with anyone whinging at all. Try watching your superbly run over achieving low debt club go through the shitter much to public hilarity. Even from a fan's point of view it got funny.

ANyway, it seems that the ship has been steadied and we are finally beginning to click.

Football is going down the tubes as a sport though. Too many shysters and arseholes in the game, and that includes almost all players. I really don't get why the game doesn't adopt some of the discipline of rugby, such as no swearing, diving,no-one talks to ref except the captain, refs being mic'd up etc. the overall on behaviour on pitch is poor, and is reflected on kids footy pitches all over.
    Been down Ewood myself a few times, it is also tough just now.

Hey Uncle don't get too wound up, you seem to take great interest in my team without talking about your team. Who would that be? 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Slight OT... what the fuck happened in the City game last night!
    Toure/Fernandinio reds
    Nasri very lucky
    Ref booked wrong player so CSKA exscaped a red
    Two late penalty shouts ignored
    I always joke about the emptihad, but last night was silent, there was more noise in CSKA's 'empty' stadium

Between that, Arsenal giving up, Liverpool reserves... It's embarrassing for UK football at the moment. 

It makes me sad! I always try and route for English clubs, but man it is hard at the moment.
    At least they are in it though I guess.

Look at the atmosphere at Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund etc... We need to do something about our silent stadiums.  Even at Old Trafford, it's 80% asian tourists with fuck of cameras that giggle when Rafael gets the ball...

Rant over, back to domstic football chapped ;)