Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited November 2014
    [quote skarloey;403227"] West Bromwich Albion fan here.

I was underwhelmed by Alan Irvine being appointed as boss, having only his previous managerial form to judge him by.

But so far he's been a steady hand on the tiller and he comes over in interviews as a thoughtful and conscientious bloke.

I am hoping for a season of respectable, smug, mid-table mediocrity. First though he has to help the team over the normal winter slump that kicks in around December 1 and normally lifts about February 28th.

[/quote]

This. Ive started taking my boy (9) to the odd game this season - I'd stopped going at the end of the Meggo years.

I'm hopeful we'll be ok but AFI does seem a bit negative and his subs are always about 10 minutes late.We struggle against sides like Palace and Leicester who park the bus and get physical. I think we'll struggle if Saido gets sidelined too.

Better than last year though, eh?

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533

I've got Jimmy Folyd Hasselbank's unwashed socks at home.
      oh dear, I hope theyre covered in mud!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Man U fan here, from before Fergie. Year 2 of nightmare! We have some damn fine players so hopefully things will pick up. 2 years without Champions league ...... unthinkable!

Also Luton fan as I have lived there pretty much all my life. Back in the league and top of div 2!!! (well, we were last week)

Not impressed with Liverpool putting a micky mouse team out last night. You're in bl**dy Europe dammit!!!! show some passion. Play every game to win! I hope they don't make top 4 this year, they don't deserve it.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    axisus said:
    Man U fan here, from before Fergie. Year 2 of nightmare! We have some damn fine players so hopefully things will pick up. 2 years without Champions league ...... unthinkable!

Also Luton fan as I have lived there pretty much all my life. Back in the league and top of div 2!!! (well, we were last week)

Not impressed with Liverpool putting a micky mouse team out last night. You're in bl**dy Europe dammit!!!! show some passion. Play every game to win! I hope they don't make top 4 this year, they don't deserve it.
    you show some passion and stick to one team!
    :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Rangers fan here. Sitting in the Scottish Championship is not fantastic but it's hopefully a means to an end. Getting to the Falkirk game on Saturday but it's as much about the booze up as the match at the moment.
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Deijavoo said:
    Rangers fan here. Sitting in the Scottish Championship is not fantastic but it's hopefully a means to an end. Getting to the Falkirk game on Saturday but it's as much about the booze up as the match at the moment.

Demoting Ranger was a stupid idea...how much as it hurt the SPL?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28079
    Forge said:
    PS: it may sound atypical but I only mildly dislike Tottenham...
    Spurs fan (of 40-odd years) here, and I only mildly dislike Arsenal.

I've found my interest in the "game" waning though.  You might think that's because, as a Spurs fan, the opportunity for really getting excited and celebrating anything football-related has been near non-existent for years, but I think it's more to do with the game having become more and more of a business.

Teams aren't "teams" anymore, they're just a bunch of mercenaries wearing the same coloured shirt.  Briefly.  With a "leader" who's lucky to last 3 seasons or 5 losses-in-a-row (whichever comes first).  And the "ethos", culture and traditions of most clubs has changed as they've moved away from their traditional roots (to new stadia), sold off anything that could be sponsored, or just sold themselves completely.

/grump
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Spurs fan here as well and echo the waning interest sentiment. Only follow the scores nowadays where I used to watch most games, don't even bother with MOTD. Get tired of the pantomime of millionaires not playing because of a bruised finger, generally having a mardy and soap opera bullshit that surrounds it.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    mike_l said:

I know @Clarky is a Millwall lad.

And @RobDavies is a Brentford lad.

there is always an upside to being a Millwall fan..

you know that life cannot get any worse.. so everywhere from here on is up.. lmao

play every note as if it were your first
  • I'm a Southampton fan and right now I'm feeling pretty bloody SMUG.

It probably won't last but holy cow it's fun right now :)
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962

I was underwhelmed by Alan Irvine being appointed as boss, having only his previous managerial form to judge him by.

But so far he's been a steady hand on the tiller and he comes over in interviews as a thoughtful and conscientious bloke.

I am hoping for a season of respectable, smug, mid-table mediocrity. First though he has to help the team over the normal winter slump that kicks in around December 1 and normally lifts about February 28th.

[/quote]

This. Ive started taking my boy (9) to the odd game this season - I'd stopped going at the end of the Meggo years.

I'm hopeful we'll be ok but AFI does seem a bit negative and his subs are always about 10 minutes late.We struggle against sides like Palace and Leicester who park the bus and get physical. I think we'll struggle if Saido gets sidelined too.

I've been at the Baggies when Warnock sides have parked the bus and grabbed injury time winners. I consider that Palace 2-2 game more than a moral victory, especially as it made old Warnock spit feathers afterwards. Ha ha ha. 

Get Brown No-Idea or whatever his name is firing and we'll be okay. 

I like Big Vic as well, but I've always liked players who ran themselves ragged, regardless of natural talent ;)

It looks like we are short of Chelsea fans! I don't mind them apart from the "specially annoying one"...
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    It's all very unpredicatable

Big Sam was a football dinosaur last season, this season he's playing attacking winning football
    Alan Pardew was a complete loser a few weeks back now he's in line for manager of the month
    Southampton were certain to go down after selling their best players, now they are possibly challenging for Europe
    Brendan Rogers was the new Shankly last season now he's out of his depth
    Moyes was clueless last season but had more points than Van Gaal now (..and Van Gaal is apparently great)

Alas, as a Spurs fan there is always one constant, Spurs were crap last season and are crap again this season.
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    as an aside I'm sick of referees getting decisions wrong and ruining games. I think they should have something like google glass so that replays can instantly be sent to them, no time wasting crowding around a monitor or waiting for someone in the stand to make a decision.
    Lev said:
    as an aside I'm sick of referees getting decisions wrong and ruining games. I think they should have something like google glass so that replays can instantly be sent to them, no time wasting crowding around a monitor or waiting for someone in the stand to make a decision.

I absolutely agree, let the action unfold then validate the goal/penalty from the video. Also only the team captains should be allowed to talk to the ref.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    Spurs fan here. Watch as the rest of the continent cowers before us as we progress in the Eurinal League.

As much as I agree that refs get things wrong, I have no sympathy at all for teams as there are so many players who cheat over the most basic things.

I would love the Premier League to follow rugby and introduce citing commissioners to review all games. Retrospective punishments can be applied for diving, feigning injury, unreasonable harrassment of a referee or linesman and especially for the all-in wrestling that precedes corners.

And I agree with only allowing the captain to talk to the referee.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Forge said:
    Lev said:

I absolutely agree, let the action unfold then validate the goal/penalty from the video. Also only the team captains should be allowed to talk to the ref.
    Agreed. Could be limited to say 3 claims per team per game - as per Hawkeye at Wimbledon.
    jellyroll said:
    Forge said:
    Lev said:

Agreed. Could be limited to say 3 claims per team per game - as per Hawkeye at Wimbledon.

Mourinho woulduse them in 2 minutes and Wenger would watch the replays 50 times and still would not see the incident!
  • Skarloey said:

[/quote]

I've been at the Baggies when Warnock sides have parked the bus and grabbed injury time winners. I consider that Palace 2-2 game more than a moral victory, especially as it made old Warnock spit feathers afterwards. Ha ha ha. 

Get Brown No-Idea or whatever his name is firing and we'll be okay. 

I like Big Vic as well, but I've always liked players who ran themselves ragged, regardless of natural talent ;)

I watched Vic very closely at the Palace (from the Brummie) and he seems to get a twinge any time he exerts himself! Can't fault his effort though.... completely changed the game when he came on too. Maybe that was a good substitution :) Shows what I know!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    Clarky said:
    mike_l said:

I know @Clarky is a Millwall lad.

And @RobDavies is a Brentford lad.

there is always an upside to being a Millwall fan..

you know that life cannot get any worse.. so everywhere from here on is up.. lmao

Are you going on Saturday, @Clarky ?