Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lack of Premiership/Championship threads around here...

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    edited November 2014
    Forge said:
    axisus said:
    Forge said:
    axisus said:
    Forge said:
     Shit week for English clubs...
    Oh I don't know, as a Man U fan I have enjoyed this week more than most this year!

You'll be back in the ECL pronto, how are you liking LvG so far?
    Hmmnn ..... I though he was a great choice but my faith is finally starting to crumble a tad. If we make CL I'll be happy but quite frankly it's not looking likely. Some great players now but we need to start seeing results.

@Axisus I have the feeling Moyes was never given the time or funds to be successful tbh, the culture of sacking managers is ridiculous when some players clearly don't pull their weight.
    I just felt that Moyes was the wrong fit. You need to have a big ego and be at least a bit arrogant to manage top teams, and when he was describing us a 'underdogs' in some matches I just thought no no NO! That is NOT the Man U way!

I think that Moyes is a pretty good manager, but it was too big a club for him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    JAYJO said:
    Everton are poo!   (Thread back on track)          
    :)
    Oh dear!  I can never understand why anyone from Liverpool supports Liverpool FC.  Maybe the answer is in the name.  Everton is where it is at in Liverpool me lad.  :)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6944
    Bizarrely I was only thinking to myself the other day about the lack of guitar threads on football forums...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Another win for Chelski, the other teams are going to have to make something happen if they want to catch up. I still can't stand Jose though...nothing to do with skills, just the stinking attitude and I am convinced he'd do himself if he could. My bet is Chelsea for the title but they won't go unbeaten.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23844
    Agreed about Mourinho, he's obviously a very good manager but he's dead set on playing his "clever mind games" all the time and he's always so bloody miserable and contrary.  He'd say the sky was down if an interviewer dared to suggest it was up.

Rodgers is getting nearly as bad, the humourless pompous git.

I'm really hoping Southampton can maintain their form.  They're not going to win the title but it's so nice to see a "small" team near the top of the table challenging for Europe, at least.

Philly_Q said:
    Agreed about Mourinho, he's obviously a very good manager but he's dead set on playing his "clever mind games" all the time and he's always so bloody miserable and contrary.  He'd say the sky was down if an interviewer dared to suggest it was up.

Rodgers is getting nearly as bad, the humourless pompous git.

I'm really hoping Southampton can maintain their form.  They're not going to win the title but it's so nice to see a "small" team near the top of the table challenging for Europe, at least.

Sot'on making the ECL was be awesome, particularly after half their first team went to "better teams".
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    West Ham fan here.

Loving it this season, the right blend of skill and power. Got to credit Sam with some outstanding transfers in. 

COYI!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The mighty Villa keeps up the impressive record of not scoring. Could be a big point for us in the long run...!!
  • I've always loved the game to watch and play, but I'm rapidly falling out of love with the modern game.

I'm a Cardiff fan and have been for a long time, and the club is very definitely the epitome of a modern football disaster (crazy owner, stupid decisions and finances etc). Ups and downs are part of the whole thing, but I genuinely get fed up of the whole shebang these days.

Moaning managers who rant about referees, fixture pile ups and the rest. Extortionate ticket and food prices. The fact that Sky basically call all the shots. The fact that standing and singing is frowned upon in stadia. Fickle fans. Media saturation where the press generate hyperbole and claim managers are under 'pressure' because they sneezed during the game. Critics/pundits who use terms like "deluded" and "top top player". The fact that the media focus on the same four fucking teams all the time.

Does my swede in.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Neil said:
    West Ham fan here.

Loving it this season, the right blend of skill and power. Got to credit Sam with some outstanding transfers in. 

COYI!

Sakho has been awesome so far this season. Sadly I think, if his form stays, one of the "bigger" clubs will come in for him.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Another shit game by Arsenal...why do I even bother.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    I agree with the consensus that MOTD is a poor effort at a match highlights program.  The 'pundits' simply are not good enough, spouting mindless comments and generally afraid to say something critical about (1) a team mate, (2) a friend, (2) a former team mate etc.  And every so called pundit will not criticize any current England international player.  Even when he makes a complete dogs bollix of clearing the ball only to pass it to the striker who whacks it into the unguarded goal.

Vincent Kompany has been a pundit on a number of occasions.  On one such screening, he refused to agree that a Man City player dived or attempted to cheat the ref.  He muttered something about standing by a team mate.  

BBC.  Get rid of Robbie Savage.  And Alan Shearer.  Bring in some real talent that is not looking to be a manager of a top club or hoping to be the next England manager.  Someone like Kevin Kilbane for example.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rocker said:
    BBC.  Get rid of Robbie Savage.  And Alan Shearer.  Bring in some real talent that is not looking to be a manager of a top club or hoping to be the next England manager.  Someone like Kevin Kilbane for example.
    I listen to Radio 5 Live a lot of the time, and I'd have to say some of the pundits are much better on radio than they are on TV.  They seem more relaxed.  

Robbie Savage is basically an idiot, but that makes him amusing, and occasionally he makes a surprisingly insightful comment. Steve Claridge is nothing like the way he is on the Football League Show, he's funny and very opinionated.  Kilbane and even Lawro are good co-commentators too.

And get rid of Al Green while you are at it.
    Forge said:
    And get rid of Al Green while you are at it.
    And Bill Withers.  

I'm always getting those two confused, one did "Lovely Day" and one did "Let's Stay Together", but I can never remember which is which.

So get rid of 'em both, I say.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    LAST MINUTE WINNER! FUUCKKK YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Michel Antoniooooo!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    mike_l said:
    Neil said:
    West Ham fan here.

COYI!

Sakho has been awesome so far this season. Sadly I think, if his form stays, one of the "bigger" clubs will come in for him.
    Well he ballsed up a few chances against Villa on Saturday so we may hang on to him.

Carroll looked awesome when he came on in the last five minutes,

Imagine him, Sakho and Valencia.......
    >:D<

Yeah, that's a good strike force.

Until Carroll gets injured again.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Having said that, Carlton Cole has been doing ok so far.......

I won't say "super-sub" but he has looked a threat (from what I've seen)

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    None of the MOTD pundits/ golf buddies rival Michael Owen for vapid droning.

He is to the english language what flu is to public health.