What's Hot

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7380
    The name thing can fuck right off.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Sporky said:
    Look, it's no different than a ressie having a kid's menu. They're just being poncy, stuck-up, pretentious wankers.
    Lots of the coffee chains do a babycino if you want. That's their kids' menu. You're just being a grumpy curmudgeon!
    WTF is a 'babycino'? More useless Italian coffee gobbledygook.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    I think babycino is Australian, actually. If only there was some way of looking this sort of thing up, instead of wallowing in ignorance. >:D<
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967

Not gone as far as force feeding my cats coffee beans,but in the past I have been known to roast my own beans

I have never had a proper roaster so always do seat of the pants roasting style, but its still the best coffee ever even if the results can be a bit inconsistent.  The big problem is they need to be done 24 hours in advance... tastes crap if you try and drink it before that
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Sporky said:
    Look, it's no different than a ressie having a kid's menu. They're just being poncy, stuck-up, pretentious wankers.
    Lots of the coffee chains do a babycino if you want. That's their kids' menu. You're just being a grumpy curmudgeon!
    WTF is a 'babycino'? More useless Italian coffee gobbledygook.
    Just the foam and cocoa from a cappuccino - intended for kids, hence Sporky's comment
    Stop crying, start buying
    I believe it sometimes includes a shot of decaff, but I don't think that's usually the case in the UK.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited June 2016
    Milan 2017 Starbucks plans to open its first store in Italy. I can't belive its taken this long.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/29/taking-the-plunger-starbucks-to-open-first-store-in-italy
    At least the coffee menu won't be unintelligible to them.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    I can't think many Italians would recognise anything they got in Starbucks as "coffee".
    I think they do something called an espresso which approximates an actual espresso. Other than that you're probably right.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Sporky said:
    I think they do something called an espresso which approximates an actual espresso. Other than that you're probably right.
    True story: someone actually offered me caramel syrup in an espresso I ordered in Starbucks

I soon understood why...
    Stop crying, start buying
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11440
    Moss said:
    Sporky said:
    True story: someone actually offered me caramel syrup in an espresso I ordered in Starbucks

I soon understood why...
    The cheapest ingredient in a cup of Starbucks coffee is the coffee. Almost all of their customers shovel so much crap into it the actual taste of the coffee is secondary.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I did say "approximates". It is hot and brown after all.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    Ok so all the coffee snobs don't like Costbucks and nextpresso But what is the actual physical reason ? Is it the equipment (which appears to be high quality on all counts and does the high pressure through beans process) or the basic coffee bean ? There ain't much you can down wrong with it, it would seem?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    I like my women how I like my coffee.... In a plastic cup...
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    They start with burnt beans. Coffee doesn't have to be roasted to death, but it does make them consistent.

It then needs more crap adding to make it palatable.

I prefer a strong brew of a gentler roast

WezV said:
    They start with burnt beans. Coffee doesn't have to be roasted to death, but it does make them consistent.

It then needs more crap adding to make it palatable.

I prefer a strong brew of a gentler roast

What is a "burnt bean" when it is at home ?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    sev112 said:
    Ok so all the coffee snobs don't like Costbucks and nextpresso But what is the actual physical reason ? Is it the equipment (which appears to be high quality on all counts and does the high pressure through beans process) or the basic coffee bean ? There ain't much you can down wrong with it, it would seem?

LOL @sev112 - I'm no "coffee snob", I usually drink instant!  I just object to the ridiculous prices they all charge.
    Sporky said:

So what language is all that shite above the counter in, then? Probably cobbled together by one of the Remain scriptwriters.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nitefly said:
    sev112 said:

LOL @sev112 - I'm no "coffee snob", I usually drink instant!  I just object to the ridiculous prices they all charge.

Aha, cost - now that is a valid reason I don't drink Americano any more. I just get the 99p Filter Coffee which is never nuclear temperature , seems to have some taste and is a reasonable charge for sitting in an armchair for half an hour, using the toilet and smiling at the pretty women :)