Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1109
    LPManic said:
    Crowded House still the best for me. 

Macca’s set not on Iplayer. I guess it’ll never be seen again. I imagine him having control of it was a big part of the deal.

There are plenty of torrents up already. If you want to see it, it's pretty easy to get hold of.
    Ah! I don’t do torrents but if anyone wants to Google it up my drive then I’ll happily accept!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9963
    "Surprise" set from Jack White on the Park Stage at 18:15 today, will be on the iPlayer live channel for that stage.

I say "Surprise" because that's the word they've used, although given his next two concerts on the tour are London tomorrow night and Tuesday night, it was always on the cards that he'd show up at Glastonbury...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6131
    Highlights so far have been High Flying Birds (their music seems designed for these big moments, with many of the songs more like trance chants than standard verse chorus affairs) and Olivia Rodrigo (hadn't heard of her before but her material was instantly likeable and her band totally up for it). Crowded House were a bit of a disappointment, they had some tech issues and appeared a bit lacklustre, maybe too early in the day for them to shine. I found PM boring and bailed after Sprinsteen. Rather than reimagine his material to suit his age (a la Dylan) he wanted to create carbon copies of his hits, which just pointed up the frailty of his voice compared to the originals. Still, an incredible feat and the crowd loved it, so all good.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16322
    Just watching Olivia Rodrigo with Lily Allen. I know Lily isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but this may be an oft repeated Glastonbury moment. Kudos to Olivia as well. And thanks to her guitarist’s mother who was talking about this on Twitter! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3107
    tone1 said:
    Gassage said:
    Macca was ok- but respect needed for his age, so better than ok.

Yep, he’s  a year older than my Dad, and he can barely make to the paper shop without calling an Ambulance….all we kept saying throughout Macca’s set was ‘He’s bloody 80’ I’m not being flippant but remembering all those lyrics, the Les Paul slung across his back, the vocals, the length of just being on his feet…..I know he’s not had a heavy paper-round and gets the best private medical treatment money can buy (just like the Queen) but hats off to him! <3

Amazing. He's had a very protected existence since he was a kid but as we know, that can go very wrong too. My bandmates moan that we do 1hr 45m (with a break!!) :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23505
    edited June 2022
    I spent an hour or so looking at the Glastonbury stuff on iPlayer last night, just to see what's there.  Absolutely nothing took my fancy, although I do seem to have an uncanny knack for landing on the bits of applause between songs whenever I fast-forward.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1012
    edited June 2022
    Just watching ‘Glastonbury Channel - Sunday’ on the BBC iPlayer. Mainly it’s been showing 1 song highlights from yesterday & now Haim are playing their set.

What I enjoyed most so far is Joy Crookes. First time I have heard her & she sounded fantastic. Will definitely be checking out her debut album ‘Skin’ from 2021.
  • Who's seen Megan Thee Stallion's set? Cor blimey guvnor! You will know what I mean if you've seen it. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12473
    JezWynd said:
    Highlights so far have been High Flying Birds (their music seems designed for these big moments, with many of the songs more like trance chants than standard verse chorus affairs) and Olivia Rodrigo (hadn't heard of her before but her material was instantly likeable and her band totally up for it). Crowded House were a bit of a disappointment, they had some tech issues and appeared a bit lacklustre, maybe too early in the day for them to shine. I found PM boring and bailed after Sprinsteen. Rather than reimagine his material to suit his age (a la Dylan) he wanted to create carbon copies of his hits, which just pointed up the frailty of his voice compared to the originals. Still, an incredible feat and the crowd loved it, so all good.
    Problem for Macca is if he changes his stuff too much he’ll just get slated for messing around with its heritage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • McCartney still not on iPlayer!?!?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12222
    McCartney still not on iPlayer!?!?
    Wouldn't be surprised if he wants personal approval of the edit or something and he's still in bed.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27832
    McCartney still not on iPlayer!?!?
    Looks like not
    :(

I watched the first 30-40 mins last night, then thought "sod it, I'll watch the rest on iPlayer tomorrow".  But nothing ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 665
    DesVegas said:
    It's all missing the ballsieness of John Lennon
    (Not his fault though)
    Been his problem since 1970.
    I notice the beeb have cut 10 minutes from the Skunk Anansie set, watching it for a second time. Maybe she upset some sensitive little soul.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3107
    Who's seen Megan Thee Stallion's set? Cor blimey guvnor! You will know what I mean if you've seen it. 
    Bunch of arse mate ;) 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12222
    SidNewton said:
    DesVegas said:
    (Not his fault though)
    I notice the beeb have cut 10 minutes from the Skunk Anansie set, watching it for a second time. Maybe she upset some sensitive little soul.
    Or the band thought it was sub standard and asked them to?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2009
    LPManic said:
    Noel Gallagher really is boring.

"The one I luuuuuuv...*cough*, the one I luuuuuuv"

It is laughable - Is his album called 'songs for simpletions'?
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2009
    edited June 2022
    Crowded House still the best so far, due to Neil Finn's incredible voice - He's like New Zealand's John Fogerty or something.

Not a guitarists pick at all, but check out 'Sigrid' - I haven't heard of her before, but incredible set of lungs, no makeup and a couple of Adidas trainers. Brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1401
    I know someone mentioned there was no metal at Glastonbury this year but there was Skunk Anansie and I caught a bit of Yungblud last night - 
    I couldn't work out where the bass was coming from given that there were only 3 on stage?
    Backing tracks? or someone off stage? If so why given the sort of music?
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 665
    edited June 2022
    SidNewton said:
    DesVegas said:
    (Not his fault though)
    Or the band thought it was sub standard and asked them to?
    There was nothing sub standard about their performance.
    That said, she did make a comment about the abortion ruling in The States and initially got it the wrong way around. Perhaps she asked for it to be chopped. I was in and out of the room this morning so not sure if it's still in there.
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1968
    Schnozz said:
    Crowded House still the best so far, due to Neil Finn's incredible voice - He's like New Zealand's John Fogerty or something.

Not a guitarists pick at all, but check out 'Sigrid' - I haven't heard of her before, but incredible set of lungs, no makeup and a couple of Adidas trainers. Brilliant.
    I enjoyed that set as well. Just the sheer look of joy on her face from start to finish. Wasn't sure how much "track" she was singing over though. The band were definitely playing but there was a lot of "stuff"  going on without them as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom