Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    exocet said:
    Schnozz said:
    Crowded House still the best so far, due to Neil Finn's incredible voice - He's like New Zealand's John Fogerty or something.

Not a guitarists pick at all, but check out 'Sigrid' - I haven't heard of her before, but incredible set of lungs, no makeup and a couple of Adidas trainers. Brilliant.
    I enjoyed that set as well. Just the sheer look of joy on her face from start to finish. Wasn't sure how much "track" she was singing over though. The band were definitely playing but there was a lot of "stuff"  going on without them as well.
    There was - I was looking to see if the drummer had machine as well, but definitely something extra. I think her voice was there though, but when she was shouting for "louder" that was a bit course! Billie Eilish definitely had some track in there. Not sure about Olivia whoever.

As someone that looks for Crosby, Stills and Nash at Glastonbury, it's odd that I've been enjoying the pop stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12566
    Schnozz said:
    Crowded House still the best so far, due to Neil Finn's incredible voice - He's like New Zealand's John Fogerty or something.

Not a guitarists pick at all, but check out 'Sigrid' - I haven't heard of her before, but incredible set of lungs, no makeup and a couple of Adidas trainers. Brilliant.
    Check out the video of Sigrid doing go your own way in the radio 2 live lounge. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5597
    We've just watched Roisin Murphy's set and quite blown away by it. So so cool. 
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1158
    Watching the HAIM set just now, my wife's a fan. They're really good. Playing there instruments, and not leaning on bacing tracks like other pop bands to hide their imperfect playing. I like that raw thing. And they swap instruments.

Great festival stuff, which is good because we're seeing them on Thursday at Rock Werchter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Have the BBC just introduced George Ezra as the surprise act in the John Peel Stage, rather than Jack White who was mentioned in this thread?
    I'd be absolutely gutted if I'd pushed my way to the front of that tent.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's ok, George was scheduled to play.... I was feeling sorry for those at the front. I thought the JP stage was all about new music, or lesser known stuff. Jack White doesn't really fit either I guess.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Jack White is on the Park Stage at 18:00, and I think the streaming is delayed by 15 mins. 
  • Fontaines DC now, should be very good.

They don't seem to be broadcasting from the Peel stage now, what a shame, I wanted to see Amyl and the Sniffers
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    1. Fontains DC
    2. Amyl and the Sniffers
    3. Turnstile
    4. Some comedown therapy before sleep
  • John Peel stage schedule back on! 
    Will catch up on Amyl and the Sniffers later, as the opening Fontaines DC song was superb
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1995
    Despite the technical difficulties Crowded House are still the best set for me so far. As others have mentioned, and it's not really music I'd listen to ordinarily, but Sigrid was quite entertaining. Alison and Bob were pretty good too. However, as far as the rest goes I've listened to some utter shite this weekend. I'm glad I didn't pay £350 + additional expenditure to attend this event. Glad everyone there seems to be enjoying it though and the weather has held up. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    Watching the HAIM set just now, my wife's a fan. They're really good. Playing there instruments, and not leaning on bacing tracks like other pop bands to hide their imperfect playing. I like that raw thing. And they swap instruments.

Great festival stuff, which is good because we're seeing them on Thursday at Rock Werchter.
    I'm a HAIM fan - Particularly of Danielle Haim as she's great on an SG; however, they do think they're god's gift to men.
  • JezzaSnrJezzaSnr Frets: 28
    Didn’t see their set, but nice touch from Idles to dedicate a track to Bristol music scene enigma Bigg Jeff Johns. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5597
    JezzaSnr said:
    Didn’t see their set, but nice touch from Idles to dedicate a track to Bristol music scene enigma Bigg Jeff Johns. 
    Joe Talbot comes across as quite a deep and caring human being. His speech to the crowd about love was very touching and a total flip from the aggression that is portrayed in the music.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 946
    edited June 2022
    Just watching Amyl and the snifters on iPlayer…proper punk,brilliant and she must have said cunt a dozen times
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5108
    swiller said:
    Noels performance just shows how his brother makes such a difference to the overall delivery of the songs. 
    I couldn’t agree more, the songs are just sooo much worse when Liam sings them. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Schnozz said:

I'm a HAIM fan - Particularly of Danielle Haim as she's great on an SG; however, they do think they're god's gift to men.
    Yeah, the phone call piece with the bass player and her boyfriend was cringe. The younger one (keyboard and drum pads) really acts like she's mega sexy. They're not the prettiest in my book but they aren't ugly and they're having a great time so I can't begrudge them.
    Devil#20 said:
    Despite the technical difficulties Crowded House are still the best set for me so far. As others have mentioned, and it's not really music I'd listen to ordinarily, but Sigrid was quite entertaining. Alison and Bob were pretty good too. However, as far as the rest goes I've listened to some utter shite this weekend. I'm glad I didn't pay £350 + additional expenditure to attend this event. Glad everyone there seems to be enjoying it though and the weather has held up. 
    Aside from crowded house the other big names haven’t done much for me, Billy eilish, Paul McCartney, Sam fender, Diana Ross not a great selection but I’ve watched loads of really great stuff I didn’t know, girl in red, big thief, beabadoobee being the highlights. 

Also watched first aid kit, who I really like now watching elbow. Been pretty decent I think. 
    Bravo Elbow. 
  • mikeneticmikenetic Frets: 71
    Jack White and band are absolutely killing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom