Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Aornic said:

Gonna take a second to rave about the guitar work in this. First time hearing it isolated and it's great. 

I wish they added more of this into the live outros, especially the part at 2:40
    Noel is a much better musician than he is normally credited with.

Ultimately his guitar playing adds to the songs and makes them better - which is what we are all supposed to be doing.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

I like pretty much everything to be fair

me too :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 736
    The Guardian view:

Comments are true holier than thou. You would think Noel and Liam had been boiling babies.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 514
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

Comments are true holier than thou. You would think Noel and Liam had been boiling babies.

Article was obviously written by the kind of woke communist that Noel is quoted as railing against...
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1161
    Aornic said:

Gonna take a second to rave about the guitar work in this. First time hearing it isolated and it's great. 

I wish they added more of this into the live outros, especially the part at 2:40

Ultimately his guitar playing adds to the songs and makes them better - which is what we are all supposed to be doing.
    He's more of a songwriter than a guitar virtuoso but what he does on it is very musical and serves the song. His rhythm is very solid and holds the song together. His lead lines/solos are very melodic and sing-able. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 664
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

The bit about the Union Jack being on his Epiphone being an issue is odd because it was all about "Cool Brittania" back then wasn't it? Geri Halliwell famously had a Union Jack dress. Don't think Noel much liked the guitar, he stopped using it after the Morning Glory era.

• randellarandella Frets: 4691
    edited August 28
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

I'm coming round to the idea that the Guardian comments section is written by a north London-based AI that doesn't own a television, has never eaten at McDonald's, and either hates anything popular or otherwise has mysteriously not heard of it.

It also likes coffee, but not the povvo stuff that *you* drink.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

I'm coming round to the idea that the Guardian comments section is written by a north London-based AI that doesn't own a television, has never eaten at McDonald's, and either hates anything popular or otherwise has mysteriously not heard of it.

This bit was certainly beyond parody.. Is "the butcher's apron" another term for the Union flag?

It’s no coincidence that Oasis are the band of choice for flag-shaggers and Reform voters – it’s remarkable how often their fans have the butcher’s apron on their Twitter bios, just as Noel had it painted on his guitar.

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 1087
    edited August 28
    I mean, you really couldn't make it up!

Tbh, I quite like the music, but I really couldn't care less about the Gallagher bros.

It was all fun in the nineties, but you can't go back in time to then. 
    In that sense it can only be a bit of a let down. 
    Yo momma's on the crack rock!
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 197
    Aornic said:

He's more of a songwriter than a guitar virtuoso but what he does on it is very musical and serves the song. His rhythm is very solid and holds the song together. His lead lines/solos are very melodic and sing-able. 

I’m not sure how true this is but I remember watching a documentary where the producer of the first album said he had endless tracks of Noel aimlessly noodling over the songs which he had to try to turn into parts of the songs/solos. 
    mo6020 said:
    Is "the butcher's apron" another term for the Union flag?
    Answered my own question: http://no-deportations.org.uk/Media-1/ButchersApron.html

Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

Yeah it's so painfully Guardian you worry about the poor chap sitting down for fear of sucking up the chair.

Your upbringing was worse old sort?  Well news flash - you missed the bit where Noel got the shit beaten out of him by his Dad so bad his Mum had to leave his Dad, catholic faith be damned, because otherwise Noel would have killed him... he then went and wrote about living forever and being in a champagne supernova... because he's a fucking legend.

He is also, occasionally, a twat, like the rest of us.  No, he shouldn't use homophobic language, but it's not what Oasis were about, it's in none of the music, none of the soul, just the quotes from when drunk, coked up, or cornered.  Also NICKY WIRE DID WORSE to his own admitted eternal shame...

Is there anyone who reads the Guardian like me who doesn't think they are a bunch of wankers at least half the time?  Oh for a lefty newspaper that isn't gut-wrenchingly up it's own rectum!

Oh... and they do the one thing that really fucks me right off … pointing out other bands at the time I also love who they like more as an insult to Oasis - the whole point was there was LOADS to love, there was always another brilliant album you couldn't quite afford to buy yet... that was the whole thing!!
    mo6020 said:
    mo6020 said:
    Is "the butcher's apron" another term for the Union flag?
    Answered my own question: http://no-deportations.org.uk/Media-1/ButchersApron.html
    I like  "we are here because you were there and are still there"

Makes me think "and I am the Walrus... gooo goo ga joob..."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

ChatCUNT?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyscandysc Frets: 226
    randella said:
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

I haven't read the comments below the article, but did read the article itself.

I do own a television, I have eaten at McDonalds, and I don't hate everything popular. I grew up on a council estate, and used to like Oasis when I was a child.  However, I do agree with most of the article though. I do find tastes change, sometimes quite drasticly, and afterwards I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I assumed most people were the same, so this week has been an eye-opener for me. So many of my friends who I assumed had moved on, apparently haven't. That's cool for them, but I don't need the nostalgia hit and haven't listened to them out of choice for a very long time. 

Do I have to hand in my Genuine Working Class card and admit to being an AI generated North London bot now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    andysc said:
     I do find tastes change, sometimes quite drasticly, and afterwards I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I assumed most people were the same...
    I don't like Milupa as much as I used to, or Button Moon.

Still love Oasis though.

Actually fuck it, Button Moon still rocks.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2789
    Too be fair Liam and Noel did come across as total knobs a lot of the time. Figureheads for laddish Loaded culture alongside the likes of Pete Doherty.

I wouldn't get as animated as the writer of that Guardian article though - each to their own - it all depends what you want/expect from your rock stars.

I get that a lot of people have a lot of time for them - hope the reunion lives up to your expectations. Reunions can be a bit hit or miss in that regard.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    andysc said:
    randella said:
    Jetsam1 said:
    The Guardian view:

I haven't read the comments below the article, but did read the article itself.

I do own a television, I have eaten at McDonalds, and I don't hate everything popular. I grew up on a council estate, and used to like Oasis when I was a child.  However, I do agree with most of the article though. I do find tastes change, sometimes quite drasticly, and afterwards I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I assumed most people were the same, so this week has been an eye-opener for me. So many of my friends who I assumed had moved on, apparently haven't. That's cool for them, but I don't need the nostalgia hit and haven't listened to them out of choice for a very long time. 

Do I have to hand in my Genuine Working Class card and admit to being an AI generated North London bot now?
    I think you're reading quite a lot into what I said there which, boiled down, was a dig at the sheer snobbery on display in the comments section.

I know that, in this year of our lord 2024, it is impossible for any conversation to not end up in some sort of culture war bullshit, but can we try and not turn this into one please?

I just want to hear Supersonic at ear shattering volumes and pretend it’s 1995 again… 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24949
    andysc said:
     I do find tastes change, sometimes quite drasticly, and afterwards I don't enjoy the things I used to enjoy. I assumed most people were the same...
    I don't like Milupa as much as I used to, or Button Moon.

Still love Oasis though.

Actually fuck it, Button Moon still rocks.
    Classic theme tune.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom