Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    Noel is a bit of a closet Tory now. Don’t think he’s ever really understood politics tbh.
    Anais wants inheritance tax scrapped :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ... on the union jack guitar - it was a present from Meg, apparently suffered from lousy pickups, and Noel got rid of it as soon as he could...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 514
    ... on the union jack guitar - it was a present from Meg, apparently suffered from lousy pickups, and Noel got rid of it as soon as he could...
    TBF when you've got a rack full of golden era Gibsons and Fenders, as he did by that point, you're probably not going to hold on to a mediocre Sheraton your ex-wife bought you...
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mo6020 said:
    TBF when you've got a rack full of golden era Gibsons and Fenders, as he did by that point, you're probably not going to hold on to a mediocre Sheraton your ex-wife bought you...
    You definitely are not! :lol:
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    Seating at the stadiums is less than £100 though.
    Upto £230....!!
    Yeah saw that for the hospitality packages etc. I mean I figured standing would be over £100 like, at least they're not doing golden circle and all that though. 
    Hospitality for Oasis feels wrong. Does each box come with a butler to throw the bottles of piss for you? :D /s 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 688
    Please enjoy this hilariously stiff 1994 interview with Zoe Ball:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:
    Seating at the stadiums is less than £100 though.
    Upto £230....!!
    Yeah saw that for the hospitality packages etc. I mean I figured standing would be over £100 like, at least they're not doing golden circle and all that though. 
    Hospitality for Oasis feels wrong. Does each box come with a butler to throw the bottles of piss for you? :D /s 
    You get a kebab, a pack of fags and a 4-pack of Stella pint-cans.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13725

Liam is... such a lovely human being. 
    If that's true, why does he choose to come across as an obnoxious cunt?
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1087
    Britpop pulled the Union Jack back from it's dubious associations for a while - nobody using it back then was particularly thinking "I'm going to make a statement about our colonial history"... it wasn't really Oasis, or Geri Halliwell's, thing...

Edit: except possibly earlier this year, when Geri may have told Cristian Horner he isn't going near her "territory" again. hehehe..

Kurtis said:
    While I agree the piece was rubbish, it's interesting how some people are quick to defend their bigotry.
    Especially considering some of the comments on other parts of the forum.
    Nobody has defended it - making homophobic comments isn't nice - especially as Oasis no doubt have thousands of gay fans who deserve better from Noel and Liam.

Remember two things, in the context of the article though...

1.  The guy has pulled some bad things, out of context, and used them to support his tedious "I'm too good for Oasis" narrative.  Everywhere Noel and Liam went for years there was some journalist waiting for a drunken comment for their next front page - journalists are dicks sometimes.

2.  He is bigging up the Manics by point of comparison... now I love the Manics as much as or even more than Oasis... they are IMHO one of the greatest bands of all time... but we all know Nicky Wire once said some terrible stuff I won't repeat... he has apologised as a grown up for saying it, said he profoundly regrets it and that he was a dickhead to say it - so I forgive him personally, Stipe might not mind you... but throwing them out as paragons on that basis because of their superior lefty credentials?  Price can do one.
    Yeah, as I said, the article is rubbish and the writer comes across as a bit of a twonk.

At the same time though there's  undoubtedly a vast difference in response.

Plus, bringing up his abusive father did seem a bit excuse-like.

Yo momma's on the crack rock!
    edited August 29
    I was never entirely sure if it was street preachers, behaving manically, or normal preachers,  from Manic St.
    Kurtis said:
    I was never entirely sure if it was street preachers, behaving manically, or normal preachers from Manic St.
    It's Manic Preachers of the street - there is no "Manic Street" in Blackwood it refers to or similar.
    Offset said:

Liam is... such a lovely human being. 
    If that's true, why does he choose to come across as an obnoxious cunt?
    Big difference between Liam now and coked-up Liam of the past.

If you watch the documentary about his recovery from hitting bottom post Beady Eye, it was somewhat humbling for him.

Kurtis said:

At the same time though there's  undoubtedly a vast difference in response.

Plus, bringing up his abusive father did seem a bit excuse-like.

From what to what?  Again show me anyone saying that using homophobic slurs to Robbie Williams or anyone else was OK?

Especially when you already came up with calling him "the fat dancer from Take That"  - though I guess that is body-shaming if we are being precious.

It's a fair way from that to the crazy vitriole we get over in P&E! :lol:

Noel's relationship to his father is a big part of his story, and a big part of the article was Price making out his upbringing was shittier than Noels - the abuse was a big reason he ignored why it wasn't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 29
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1161
    Definitely Maybe was released 30 years ago today. I always remember listening to that album on cassette! I would loop Supersonic so many times as I loved the solo after each chorus (and still do). Now listening back to live versions I prefer the faster tempo of the song.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1923
    Definitely Maybe was released 30 years ago today. I always remember listening to that album on cassette! I would loop Supersonic so many times as I loved the solo after each chorus (and still do). Now listening back to live versions I prefer the faster tempo of the song.
    When I used to DJ in a local indie club in and around that time I always bumped up the tempo on Supersonic to give it a bit more of the live feel. Always felt the recorded version was slightly slow.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1161
    the_jaffa said:
    When I used to DJ in a local indie club in and around that time I always bumped up the tempo on Supersonic to give it a bit more of the live feel. Always felt the recorded version was slightly slow.
    The best live performance I've ever seen was Earl's Court 1995 on the There and Then VHS. Liam had that swagger (still does now to be fair) and Alan White's drum sound was massive.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6908
    edited August 29
    Offset said:
    Marr is right. After the false start of the Healers, he seems to be on a solid run with his solo band. He gets decent coverage on the BBC - festival sets etc get included on the iPlayer - his books did well and he seems to be enjoying the freedom that he left the Smiths to find. 
      He also plays the Smiths songs with considerably more authenticity than Morrissey’s solo band. 
      Morrissey is also tainted goods these days, so avoiding guilt by association is a shrewd move.

Also, with scant hope of Joyce being included and Rourke dead…how exactly would it be The Smiths?

• AornicAornic Frets: 664
    Offset said:

The guitarist has not responded, but dismissed a suggestion The Smiths should reform in the wake of the Oasis reunion by posting an image of Reform UK leader and Clacton MP Nigel Farage, a reference to his perception of Morrissey's political views.

As the kids say: based
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4890
    edited August 29

I always thought the Union Jack thing was just paying homage to the British bands that had done it before, like the Who and the Jam, in much the same way Liam wore small round shades as a nod to John Lennon.  Oasis re popularised it and it was picked up again in the 90’s across a few different bands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom