Oasis Reunion

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13631
    I've still got an Indie Guitars Union Jack Les Paul - it's rather a nice guitar - though a bit heavy.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • motorheadmotorhead Frets: 62
    Kurtis said:
    I was never entirely sure if it was street preachers, behaving manically, or normal preachers from Manic St.
    It's Manic Preachers of the street - there is no "Manic Street" in Blackwood it refers to or similar.
    The story I heard is that sometime before the band, Bradfield was busking in Cardiff and got heckled by a local who was maybe not in the best of circumstances. Who shouted something like "what are you, some kind of manic street preacher ??"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    motorhead said:
    Kurtis said:
    I was never entirely sure if it was street preachers, behaving manically, or normal preachers from Manic St.
    It's Manic Preachers of the street - there is no "Manic Street" in Blackwood it refers to or similar.
    The story I heard is that sometime before the band, Bradfield was busking in Cardiff and got heckled by a local who was maybe not in the best of circumstances. Who shouted something like "what are you, some kind of manic street preacher ??"
    Yup, I've heard that one as well.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4691
    Manics were one of those bands that had everything that I like, and *should* have liked but never clicked with.

Also I'll be happy if I never hear A Design for Life again. Possibly part of the problem.

</sacrilege>
    randella said:
    Manics were one of those bands that had everything that I like, and *should* have liked but never clicked with.

Also I'll be happy if I never hear A Design for Life again. Possibly part of the problem.

</sacrilege>
    We can't all like everything bud.

Or Everything Must Go... for that matter :lol:
    randella said:

</sacrilege>

:) true story. Took me a long time to appreciate Radiohead, maybe I need to give MSP another bash.

Love James Dean Bradfield on Public Service Broadcasting's last record (Every Valley, if that was the last one?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    randella said:

</sacrilege>

:) true story. Took me a long time to appreciate Radiohead, maybe I need to give MSP another bash.

Love James Dean Bradfield on Public Service Broadcasting's last record (Every Valley, if that was the last one?)
    I love PSB - new album incoming this year from them as well!!  Actually... their last record was called Bright Magic, and there was also a live album of This New Noise - their proms piece about the Beeb but agreed Every Valley was a bluddy marvellous record.

Isn't music great! :)
  • Pinch of salt maybe but I’ve seen on Reddit today a Twitter exchange with Liam where he’s asked when they are in the studio to record new material. ‘November’ is the one word answer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Pinch of salt maybe but I’ve seen on Reddit today a Twitter exchange with Liam where he’s asked when they are in the studio to record new material. ‘November’ is the one word answer.
    Fantastic :)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4148
    ... on the union jack guitar - it was a present from Meg, apparently suffered from lousy pickups, and Noel got rid of it as soon as he could...
    It’s at The British Music Experience on display, and as far as I am aware it’s on loan from Noel. Gibson USA mini-humbucker should be fine…
    ... on the union jack guitar - it was a present from Meg, apparently suffered from lousy pickups, and Noel got rid of it as soon as he could...
    It’s at The British Music Experience on display, and as far as I am aware it’s on loan from Noel. Gibson USA mini-humbucker should be fine…
    I heard he didn't like it - fair enough - whichever one of us talks to him first should definitely ask about it...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    edited August 29
    I heard he didn't like it - fair enough - whichever one of us talks to him first should definitely ask about it...
    You only have to compare There & Then to literally every other recording to realise the Sheraton wasn’t right for the Marshalls with everything on 11 setup. 

My guess is it would’ve been fine with the treble backed off a bit but he moved on to Les Pauls and then the famous 355 and that’s ok

Everyone knows his best guitar was the Paisley Tele so it’s all good(genuinely a big driver for me getting mine 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited August 29
    ^^ my local guitar shop has a paisley Tele, not a Fender but it's a nice looking thing with a bit of genuine patina. Haven't dared to go in since I saw it through the window because I *know* I'll buy the bastard. 

Annoying as I really could do with some new strings. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    randella said:

</sacrilege>

I love PSB - new album incoming this year from them as well!!  Actually... their last record was called Bright Magic, and there was also a live album of This New Noise - their proms piece about the Beeb but agreed Every Valley was a bluddy marvellous record.

Mate I *love* music. I won't go as dramatic as "it's saved my life" (although I've no doubt it has saved plenty) but it keeps me sane.

Shit meeting, idiots in your face, losing the plot? Come home, cheeky beer, play it loud. I'm grinning in no time. 
    randella said:
    randella said:
    randella said:

</sacrilege>

Mate I *love* music. I won't go as dramatic as "it's saved my life" (although I've no doubt it has saved plenty) but it keeps me sane.

Shit meeting, idiots in your face, losing the plot? Come home, cheeky beer, play it loud. I'm grinning in no time. 
    Yeah it's the best - I will go as dramatic as it saved mine - just bought tickets for Cast at the Northampton Roadmender so spinning their new album with a couple of doom bars - heaven!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28601
    randella said:
    ^^ my local guitar shop has a paisley Tele, not a Fender but it's a nice looking thing with a bit of genuine patina. Haven't dared to go in since I saw it through the window because I *know* I'll buy the bastard. 

Do it…..,,
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    randella said:

Do it…..,,
    Yeah do it - just see us as your enablers... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hah bloody hell, this place is dangerous. I'm only about six months out from a near miss with a silver panel Twin Reverb in the same shop :lol:
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @darthed1981 - I'm so glad to hear it. Not that it needed saving, but that it did. If that makes sense.  

I love nasty, raucous, distorted noise when the anxiety and day get on top of me. Oasis did that - I know I mentioned Cigs and Alcohol already but that tune is perfect for curing the brain chats.  

"Spend yer days in the soon-SHY-IINE".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9058
    Whoa: I was at V Festival in 2009, waiting to see them the evening it was announced they'd broken up...

...just had the email confirming I have a place in the ballot.  Regrettably, I doubt this has any cosmic meaning.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer